Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Paloma
    • By Former MSE Paloma 18th Nov 15, 9:13 AM
    • 526Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Former MSE Paloma
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Sainsbury's shoppers can double Nectar points from today in time for Xmas
    • 18th Nov 15, 9:13 AM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Sainsbury's shoppers can double Nectar points from today in time for Xmas 18th Nov 15 at 9:13 AM
    Nectar customers can double their points' value to spend on items including toys, Christmas decorations and homeware...

Read the full story:

Sainsbury's shoppers can double Nectar points from today in time for Christmas

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 18th Nov 15, 3:07 PM
    • 3,459 Posts
    • 35,812 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    • 18th Nov 15, 3:07 PM
    • 18th Nov 15, 3:07 PM
    Does anyone know if they offer a discount on buying 6 bottles of the wine/Cava?
    JAN Wins: A British Bloom Gift Set, Calendar of Scotland, £5 L2S voucher, Galaspins water bottle, Stormtrooper cereal unit.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 18th Nov 15, 8:30 PM
    • 2,819 Posts
    • 7,210 Thanks
    The Last Username
    • 18th Nov 15, 8:30 PM
    • 18th Nov 15, 8:30 PM
    I posted a thread about this on 25th October; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5347594

Our "local" Sainsbury's is not large & is 30-odd miles away; according to my better half it was very busy with customers doing the "double-up exchange" - and that was by about 9:30 a.m. .
    The vouchers have been very-wisely used in this household.

Makeandsave Does anyone know if they offer a discount on buying 6 bottles of the wine/Cava?
    AFAIK not at the moment, no.
    • Dollardog
    • By Dollardog 19th Nov 15, 4:33 AM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 2,877 Thanks
    Dollardog
    • 19th Nov 15, 4:33 AM
    • 19th Nov 15, 4:33 AM
    In the MSE article, it says -
    'So if you change your mind about a double-up item, as long as you have proof of purchase and it's in its original condition, it can be returned or exchanged within 30 days in line with Sainsbury's usual returns policy. However, instead of the points being returned to your balance, you'll instead be given a monetary refund of the double-up amount.
    For example, if you swap £5 worth of points for a £10 double-up voucher, and buy something costing £10, you'll get a cash refund of the £10.'
    According to Sainsbury's customer service, this is wrong. I asked in store today and they said they wouldn't do that as it would be like giving money away, you would only get the value of the points spent, eg, if you had spent £10 of your points on a £20 voucher and bought a dress for £20 then took that back, you would only get a £10 refund as that was the value of the points used to buy it.
    I asked the store to check that with their head office as I had been told different, but their head office confirmed that it would be just the value of the points used that would be refunded.
    Also, they said it would be given back on a refund card, to be spent in store, not cash.

Last edited by Dollardog; 19-11-2015 at 4:41 AM.
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 19th Nov 15, 11:47 AM
    • 2,901 Posts
    • 2,169 Thanks
    no1catman
    • 19th Nov 15, 11:47 AM
    • 19th Nov 15, 11:47 AM
    That is how I would expect it to be - puzzled why anyone would think otherwise.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 20th Nov 15, 12:38 AM
    • 3,459 Posts
    • 35,812 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    • 20th Nov 15, 12:38 AM
    • 20th Nov 15, 12:38 AM
    I managed to double up £40 for 6 bottles of Cava, £10 towards a Blueray and £10 for some mens shirts in the Sale, I did want some festive stuff but that double up was not working. Happy
    JAN Wins: A British Bloom Gift Set, Calendar of Scotland, £5 L2S voucher, Galaspins water bottle, Stormtrooper cereal unit.
    • Dollardog
    • By Dollardog 21st Nov 15, 1:17 AM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 2,877 Thanks
    Dollardog
    • 21st Nov 15, 1:17 AM
    • 21st Nov 15, 1:17 AM
    That is how I would expect it to be - puzzled why anyone would think otherwise.
    Originally posted by no1catman

Because that was a quote from the article on here that said otherwise!!
    • Towser
    • By Towser 22nd Nov 15, 8:28 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 2,336 Thanks
    Towser
    • 22nd Nov 15, 8:28 PM
    • 22nd Nov 15, 8:28 PM
    How can/do you double up?

Using up your nectar points on ebay does not seem to be good value at all.
    • LplateSaver
    • By LplateSaver 23rd Nov 15, 6:54 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    LplateSaver
    • 23rd Nov 15, 6:54 PM
    • 23rd Nov 15, 6:54 PM
    How can/do you double up?

Using up your nectar points on ebay does not seem to be good value at all.
    Originally posted by Towser
    Go to the customer service desk and ask them to change the points you have to a double up voucher.
    • Pincher
    • By Pincher 23rd Nov 15, 10:34 PM
    • 6,516 Posts
    • 2,491 Thanks
    Pincher
    It's probably best to take the merchandise to the service desk, and do the deal in one go. If you get the voucher, for one category, and the item you want is sold out, what are you going to do with the voucher?

Annoyingly, had to pay £5 on top, and the card machine didn't take Contactless, so missed out on the 5% TSB cashback.

I suppose I could have taken the voucher and the item to a regular check-out. Lost 25p by not thinking fast enough.

Actually, I also missed out on a spend £15, get £2.25 off voucher, which expired 21 November. Really losing my touch there.
    • faddy
    • By faddy 5th Dec 15, 12:08 AM
    • 507 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    faddy
    I asked in store today and they said they wouldn't do that as it would be like giving money away, you would only get the value of the points spent, eg, if you had spent £10 of your points on a £20 voucher and bought a dress for £20 then took that back, you would only get a £10 refund as that was the value of the points used to buy it.[/COLOR]
    I asked the store to check that with their head office as I had been told different, but their head office confirmed that it would be just the value of the points used that would be refunded.
    Also, they said it would be given back on a refund card, to be spent in store, not cash.

Originally posted by Dollardog
    I asked my local store and they agreed with MSE - a cash refund of the full price of the item. Haven't been able to check this as I didn't buy anything in the end.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,538Posts Today

7,470Users online

Martin's Twitter