Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Fraser
    • By MSE Fraser 17th Nov 15, 4:02 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Fraser
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Places for People Energy
    • 17th Nov 15, 4:02 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Places for People Energy 17th Nov 15 at 4:02 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Places for People Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • tonycarew
    • By tonycarew 6th Jan 16, 8:15 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    tonycarew
    • 6th Jan 16, 8:15 PM
    • 6th Jan 16, 8:15 PM
    I've just ran a search as I'm approaching the end of my fixed price deal with Sainsbury's Energy and Places for People energy have come out cheapest. (Even cheaper than what it will have cost me for a full year with Sainsbury's)

Has anyone used them,any experiences?

Thanks in advance Tony.
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 6th Jan 16, 9:04 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    beardiedog
    • 6th Jan 16, 9:04 PM
    • 6th Jan 16, 9:04 PM
    I was considering them myself (alongside GB and Ovo) but saw there's no feedback yet.

Downside: Exit fees are £60 and they don't operate the Warm Home Discount.
  • archived user
    • 7th Jan 16, 11:05 AM
    • 7th Jan 16, 11:05 AM
    Worth a read:

http://www.energylinx.co.uk/places-for-people-energy.html

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/places-people-energy-limited-notice-revocation-electricity-supply-licence
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 7th Jan 16, 1:03 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    beardiedog
    • 7th Jan 16, 1:03 PM
    • 7th Jan 16, 1:03 PM
    Interesting, thanks Hengus
    • tonycarew
    • By tonycarew 7th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    tonycarew
    • 7th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    • 7th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    Thanks Hengus,I'm going to ring them and see what they are like.

Just read the second link think I'll mention that and see what their take is.

I rang them and spoke to an agent.

The call was answered in less than 30 seconds which I found very reassuring,
    apparently they are a small company with approaching 1000 customers.

They sound OK to me.

I intend to wait a few days so as not to incur a penalty for early cancelation from Sainsbury's and I'll give them a go.
    Last edited by tonycarew; 07-01-2016 at 2:52 PM.
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 7th Jan 16, 2:48 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    beardiedog
    • 7th Jan 16, 2:48 PM
    • 7th Jan 16, 2:48 PM
    Thanks Hengus,I'm going to ring them and see what they are like.

Just read the second link think I'll mention that and see what their take is.
    Originally posted by tonycarew
    Be interesting to hear what they have to say about that.
    • tonycarew
    • By tonycarew 7th Jan 16, 3:28 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    tonycarew
    • 7th Jan 16, 3:28 PM
    • 7th Jan 16, 3:28 PM
    Be interesting to hear what they have to say about that.
    Originally posted by beardiedog

The person I spoke to said that they had mistakenly applied for 2 Electricity licences instead of one so the extra one was simply revoked.
    • Lipa_PL
    • By Lipa_PL 16th Jan 16, 12:58 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lipa_PL
    • 16th Jan 16, 12:58 PM
    Switching
    • 16th Jan 16, 12:58 PM
    I live in Lancs and know PfP brand, they carry out various enterprises and I have never heard any bad feedback about them. Actually company that I work for make business with PfP. I didn't check my gas and electricity rates for two Years now and was pleased to see that I can potentially shave off 1/3 of my bill.

Switching from Spark Tenant Saver (Variable) to PfP Together - February 2017 - fixed 30 Online

Current spend 1050, estimated after switch 750

I'll give more feedback as my switch progress
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 17th Jan 16, 10:20 AM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    poppellerant
    I'm also looking at People for Places as my potential supplier. They are promising me a saving which I cannot ignore - almost 14% saving on my existing direct debtit.
    • VICTRIG
    • By VICTRIG 17th Jan 16, 2:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VICTRIG
    I'm looking to change my supplier to Places for People...does anyone know if the meter reading is all online ie.providing your own reading on line?
    • gasman
    • By gasman 17th Jan 16, 2:34 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gasman
    I have just been reading the details of prices they charge for their tariff 'Together February 2017 -Fixed 30' and their is a discrepancy in the DAILY CHARGES of what is shown on Martins comparison site and Places For People website. Therefore, I am now reluctant to trust any other comparisons made, far better to look up the details yourself to ensure accuracy.
    I'm just coming to an end on Extra Energy Feb2016, it was a very good tariff..where do I go now, that's the question?
    • davidsuffolk
    • By davidsuffolk 21st Jan 16, 3:46 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    davidsuffolk
    I have just started to switch to them as my Sainsbury Energy deal is ending. PfP came second (but only by £0.70p) to Extra Energy but having read some poor comments on Extra decided to go with PfP.

I have to say (after the complete debacle switching to Sainsbury) SO FAR it seems to be going well. I got the welcome pack immediately. the DD is correctly showing on my bank account and BG have contacted with a "sorry you're leaving" email. The PfP website seems very easy and has a countdown to when they want meter readings.
    Early days to be saying much but it does seem good so far. Only time will tell but the monthly DD is anticipated at about £3pm less than I was paying whereas BG wanted to increase by over £500 pa.

Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by davidsuffolk; 21-01-2016 at 4:43 PM.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 21st Jan 16, 5:06 PM
    • 4,100 Posts
    • 2,599 Thanks
    matelodave
    There are plenty of companies who will reduce your direct debit, which is fine if it covers your consumption.

You really must compare tariffs and not just the DD as you could be in for a nasty shock if a catch-up bill comes in.

All comparisons should be done based on your your actual consumption in kwh rather than some fictitious guess (usually called an estimate) and not on just comparing DDs
    • davidsuffolk
    • By davidsuffolk 21st Jan 16, 5:36 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    davidsuffolk
    Thank you for the advice. PfP had a TCR & SC that were slightly lower, (hence the £3 per month difference).The DD was based upon my actual annual consumption in Kw hours so I think that part may be covered.
    • davidsuffolk
    • By davidsuffolk 21st Jan 16, 11:20 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    davidsuffolk
    There are plenty of companies who will reduce your direct debit, which is fine if it covers your consumption.

You really must compare tariffs and not just the DD as you could be in for a nasty shock if a catch-up bill comes in.

All comparisons should be done based on your your actual consumption in kwh rather than some fictitious guess (usually called an estimate) and not on just comparing DDs
    Originally posted by matelodave
    Presumably you must have some experience of PfP to have said this so, how have you found them? Have they quoted you an unrealistic DD?
    • davidsuffolk
    • By davidsuffolk 5th Feb 16, 7:26 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    davidsuffolk
    Update on the switch as promised.

When I first started the switch I got (immediately) an email with a welcome pack with a takeover date of today, 5th February and a request to submit readings on 31st January. I registered on their website and on the 31st entered the readings.

Today, the correct readings appeared on the webpage and I got an email saying that as of now they are supplying gas & electricity.

So far it has been faultless and a lot different to when I switched in to Sainsbury's Energy with the 2015 collective switch. It remains to be seen as to whether leaving SE is as difficult as joining them!
    • Bratchman
    • By Bratchman 2nd Mar 16, 4:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bratchman
    I'm considering joining PfP Energy has anyone else got any feedback? It's a bit of a leap in the dark as this thread is the only thing I've found about them. It all looks good on the face of things.
    • davidsuffolk
    • By davidsuffolk 3rd Mar 16, 9:22 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    davidsuffolk
    I don't think PfP have many customers yet (which may well be a good thing!) so there may not be that many forum members to offer their opinions. My account number is just over 4000

As said earlier, so far absolutely 100%
    • gd1000
    • By gd1000 3rd Mar 16, 4:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gd1000
    Fat cats
    Depends on why you want PfP as your supplier. If cheap energy, then probably OK.
    If it's a protest against the Big 6 and their outrageous salaries to the Board, then not OK.

PfP's annual accounts show that they pay their 5 directors over £240,000 per year, with the top earner getting £483,000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

308Posts Today

3,629Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • These scams are nothing to do with bitcoin. They are just scams. My view on bitcoin (though a little old now) a? https://t.co/i6rRIOr5hk

• SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! I have nothing to do with 'Bitcoin trading' or any get rich quick type advert or scheme. Don't t? https://t.co/WjitDxAc26

• Now I've heard it all. Apparently my politics is dictated by who follows me! You couldn't make this up. PS and for? https://t.co/hoPf6Jp34N

• Follow Martin