Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Paloma
    • By Former MSE Paloma 11th Nov 15, 12:48 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Former MSE Paloma
    MSE News: Four million TalkTalk customers to get free upgrade
    • 11th Nov 15, 12:48 PM
    MSE News: Four million TalkTalk customers to get free upgrade 11th Nov 15 at 12:48 PM
    Four million TalkTalk customers will be able to choose a free upgrade to their service following the data hack...

Read the full story:

Four million TalkTalk customers to get free upgrade

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • Oblivion
    • By Oblivion 11th Nov 15, 1:04 PM
    • 19,247 Posts
    • 58,472 Thanks
    Oblivion
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:04 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:04 PM
    "A broadband health check by experienced engineers."

No, stop it, it's beginning to hurt my ribs.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 13th year of leisure

I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Bring me sunshine in your smile
    • joe134
    • By joe134 11th Nov 15, 1:10 PM
    • 3,267 Posts
    • 431 Thanks
    joe134
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:10 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:10 PM
    As I have just renewed my contract for 18 months, after the debacle, for unlimited BB and Anytime calls, there isn't anything there for me, except the SIM. What do they mean by credit on the sim?
    Stuff their check up.
    She told me I qualified for free Tv, that was 2 weeks ago.??
    Was it known then?
    What that involves, god knows?
    Nothing specific is there
    • joe134
    • By joe134 11th Nov 15, 1:11 PM
    • 3,267 Posts
    • 431 Thanks
    joe134
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:11 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:11 PM

Originally posted by Oblivion
    You can guess who they will send, NOT BT;
    • Oblivion
    • By Oblivion 11th Nov 15, 1:19 PM
    • 19,247 Posts
    • 58,472 Thanks
    Oblivion
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:19 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:19 PM
    Bit disappointed they didn't offer a night out with Dildo Harding and her friend Dave Comeonround at the House of Commons bar.
    ... Dave

• joe134
    • By joe134 11th Nov 15, 1:45 PM
    • 3,267 Posts
    • 431 Thanks
    joe134
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:45 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 1:45 PM
    Bit disappointed they didn't offer a night out with Dildo Harding and her friend Dave Comeonround at the House of Commons bar.
    She doesn't need friends with her Dildo.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 11th Nov 15, 2:55 PM
    • 4,729 Posts
    • 1,940 Thanks
    KTF
    • 11th Nov 15, 2:55 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 2:55 PM

I wonder how many will actually take this option? Pure marketing guff.
    • macman
    • By macman 11th Nov 15, 3:04 PM
    • 43,309 Posts
    • 18,495 Thanks
    macman
    • 11th Nov 15, 3:04 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 3:04 PM
    As I have just renewed my contract for 18 months, after the debacle, for unlimited BB and Anytime calls, there isn't anything there for me, except the SIM. What do they mean by credit on the sim?
    Stuff their check up.
    She told me I qualified for free Tv, that was 2 weeks ago.??
    Was it known then?
    What that involves, god knows?
    Nothing specific is there
    Originally posted by joe134
    My MIL is in a similar boat, but phone only and no mobile owned or extra TV wanted, so the appeal of 'an experienced broadband engineer' is fairly minimal...
    If sanity prevails, customers in this category should be offered the Anytime calls discounted to zero for at least a year? That's the only tangible free upgrade I can see as being any use.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Raine E Day
    • By Raine E Day 11th Nov 15, 3:07 PM
    • 785 Posts
    • 1,838 Thanks
    Raine E Day
    • 11th Nov 15, 3:07 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 3:07 PM

Ditto!
    Like the engineer who came to instal Talktalk TV - new router etc and left me with speed of 0.8? After an hour or so on phone being told I would be charged for second visit, I gave up, removed the filter he had fitted and replaced rubbish router with my old one. Result So, no thanks I'll give that 'freebie' a miss.
    ďRain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.Ē
    • Futuristic
    • By Futuristic 11th Nov 15, 3:32 PM
    • 805 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Futuristic
    TalkTalk says customers won't be asked to sign a new contract as part of the offer, but says it is subject to customers having an "on-going relationship with TalkTalk
    Wonder what that means.
    • Oblivion
    • By Oblivion 11th Nov 15, 4:07 PM
    • 19,247 Posts
    • 58,472 Thanks
    Oblivion
    Wonder what that means.
    Originally posted by Futuristic

Probably just means having an on-going relationship with their debt collectors after they've over-charged you and you've refused to pay.
    ... Dave

• enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 11th Nov 15, 4:25 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    maybe they are not telling the truth about leaving , or they have been told they cannot charge fees , however by accepting the "feebie" you are taking the "kings shilling"
    • Oblivion
    • By Oblivion 11th Nov 15, 4:26 PM
    • 19,247 Posts
    • 58,472 Thanks
    Oblivion
    maybe they are not telling the truth about leaving , or they have been told they cannot charge fees , however by accepting the "feebie" you are taking the "kings shilling"
    Originally posted by enfield freddy

Very good point freddy.
    ... Dave

• enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 11th Nov 15, 4:40 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    my granddad told me about the "kings shilling" and warned me about strange people bearing gifts

they could just as easily knock "x" pounds off the next "x" payments as a peace offering
    • Steve059
    • By Steve059 11th Nov 15, 6:27 PM
    • 2,336 Posts
    • 6,159 Thanks
    Steve059
    Trust TalkTalk as far as you could spit their head office. It comes to something when the first question asked is, "Where's the catch?" The "ongoing relationship" seems to be one of mutual contempt.

Personally, I consider that they owe each of their victims ... sorry, customers ... £55.00. After all, the problem was found on their equipment.
    Last edited by Steve059; 12-11-2015 at 12:35 PM.
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5?
    • Futuristic
    • By Futuristic 11th Nov 15, 7:44 PM
    • 805 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Futuristic
    Probably just means having an on-going relationship with their debt collectors after they've over-charged you and you've refused to pay.
    You're right. I left 2-3 months ago when they increased prices, received a invoice last month to pay cancellation fee even though I emailed them weeks before and they confirmed I won't be charged. A month later, here I am still now with a overdue invoice and my details passed to debt collectors. All they said was "sorry" and revoked the debt request from DRS
    • Rock Bottom
    • By Rock Bottom 11th Nov 15, 8:56 PM
    • 5,150 Posts
    • 12,316 Thanks
    Rock Bottom
    As soon as my contract with TT runs out then I shall switch, I've just started a new contract with them too, just 4 weeks ago, anyway I reckon there will be some hefty price rises on the way with TT.
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 11th Nov 15, 10:55 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 920 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    I left T/Talk a few years ago. I have subscribed to their free credit check facility (can't remember what it is called) as they couldn't advise me whether my details have been compromised.

I am hoping that they will give new customers very good deals to join them as I will use this to negotiate with my existing phone & b/band supplier.

However I strongly doubt that T/Talk will last too much longer; unless they offer some very good deals for everyone.
    • diamonds
    • By diamonds 11th Nov 15, 11:32 PM
    • 5,981 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    diamonds
    Welcome to TT Freebies, everyone's a winner! (T&C apply)

Blah blah blah...

Cant see your freebie ? you may have been one of our most valued customers and have won someone buying your personal data and commit fraud in your name, rest assured we will not refund any costs inline with our terms and conditions.

Thanks for being with yap yap,

Dildo Hardneck

Chief Executor
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe
    • redux
    • By redux 12th Nov 15, 3:39 AM
    • 19,295 Posts
    • 26,458 Thanks
    redux
    I left T/Talk a few years ago. I have subscribed to their free credit check facility (can't remember what it is called) as they couldn't advise me whether my details have been compromised.
    Originally posted by stephenliverpool1
    So was I, and I didn't know about that (Noddle Alerts, apparently). Just signed up.

Without boring people with the details, even completely free service would be likely to persuade me to go to Talk Talk.

I suspect some more of their customers now might feel similar. A couple of quid worth of bonus stuff they don't necessarily need might underwhelm them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,409Posts Today

9,095Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Has anyone successfully reclaimed PPI on behalf of a deceased relative. I'm doing a blog on how to do it, and I'd? https://t.co/PHXJXCzvc6

• Follow Martin