Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Amy
    • By MSE Amy 7th Sep 15, 12:50 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 36Thanks
    MSE Amy
    Clearscore
    • 7th Sep 15, 12:50 PM
    Clearscore 7th Sep 15 at 12:50 PM
    This is the discussion area for the new free credit score and report website

See our credit score guide too.

Please let us know what you think below.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-01-2016 at 2:41 PM.
Page 1
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 7th Sep 15, 2:30 PM
    • 2,101 Posts
    • 2,433 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 7th Sep 15, 2:30 PM
    • 7th Sep 15, 2:30 PM
    I have just used the service and found it quick and easy. I will be checking back to see how things progress.
    I guess the site is free because they make recommendations hoping you will take them up, so just be strong and have clear intentions so you don't get sucked into something you hadn't planned.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 7th Sep 15, 3:16 PM
    • 19,734 Posts
    • 13,955 Thanks
    molerat
    • 7th Sep 15, 3:16 PM
    • 7th Sep 15, 3:16 PM
    I think you need to sort that page out - all the ClearScore links go to Noddle
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • molerat
    • By molerat 7th Sep 15, 3:47 PM
    • 19,734 Posts
    • 13,955 Thanks
    molerat
    • 7th Sep 15, 3:47 PM
    • 7th Sep 15, 3:47 PM
    Incorrect report on my Santander CC. It is reporting J,F,M when I did not open the account until May. Equifax has correct dates. Clearscore is reporting my MBNA as missed payment of 25 when that minimum payment was made ! Not really impressed with the (in)accuracy of the information seeing as Equifax has it correct.
    Last edited by molerat; 07-09-2015 at 3:55 PM.
  • ClearScore
    • 7th Sep 15, 6:40 PM
    • 7th Sep 15, 6:40 PM
    Hi molerat, this is Anna from ClearScore. I've seen your message querying some of the information presented in your credit report and I'd like to help resolve this for you. Please could you drop us an email with your details so that we can look into it? The best way to contact our customer operations is using this form https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/2.

Thanks for using the website and taking the time to give some feedback.
    Last edited by ClearScore; 02-12-2015 at 9:43 AM. Reason: New link to help centre.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • darkidoe
    • By darkidoe 8th Sep 15, 10:37 PM
    • 973 Posts
    • 1,130 Thanks
    darkidoe
    • 8th Sep 15, 10:37 PM
    • 8th Sep 15, 10:37 PM
    Looks good so far. I like the interface, very intuitive. Can't wait for the full features to roll out! It would be useful to provide a link to a printable version of the full credit report, makes it easier sometimes when everything is on one page and if you need a hard copy as well.
    • purpleposting4
    • By purpleposting4 9th Sep 15, 4:58 PM
    • 478 Posts
    • 2,275 Thanks
    purpleposting4
    • 9th Sep 15, 4:58 PM
    • 9th Sep 15, 4:58 PM
    I agree with the above post ^^^ it would be good to be able to print out a copy of your report too, but overall it looks very good and it is easy to navigate.
    I did however have one account that was showing as still open, when in fact it has been closed for over a year. Noddle also had this account as open, but looked into it and now it is marked as closed. I have sent a dispute to ClearScore about this, so hopefully they can sort it out for me too!
    Other than that, everything is spot on and I like the credit score features etc. Couldn't see anywhere with past addresses on it, or my maiden name (if needed?), but on other reports they are all fine too.
    A good, free credit report site, pleased so far.
    • sambuca9
    • By sambuca9 9th Sep 15, 5:44 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    sambuca9
    • 9th Sep 15, 5:44 PM
    • 9th Sep 15, 5:44 PM
    Hi Clearscore

I have been trying to get an issue corrected on my account, could you give me an idea of how long this takes. The dashboard is saying I have been over my cc limit with first direct but this is incorrect and I have confirmed this with the bank. I raised this aissue round the 26th August.

Thanks
    August 2010 debt amount 41596
    August 2015 debt 2598
    Target DFD October 2015 Amended this to May 2016
    Mortgage free date: January 2015
    Savings goal. 3400 / 13372
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 9th Sep 15, 5:49 PM
    • 5,473 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 9th Sep 15, 5:49 PM
    • 9th Sep 15, 5:49 PM
    No defaults showing on Clearscore? Yet they are on Equifax?
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 9th Sep 15, 8:23 PM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 454 Thanks
    Dandytf
    no defaults?...thats what I thought a few moths ago.

try checking 'closed' accounts, might help.
    sc dmp 2012 13k Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month
    Mid 2018-Virgin Money E-saver V11 -n/a-t.b.c.
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 9th Sep 15, 8:53 PM
    • 9,935 Posts
    • 2,955 Thanks
    chanz4
    wont let me register, strange as don't have issues on equifax
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 10th Sep 15, 1:37 PM
    • 2,969 Posts
    • 2,352 Thanks
    Candyapple
    FAO Clearscore: Some of my thoughts/opinions below.

In 'Report Overview' section it states the below as well as others:
    • You have no County Court Judgements
    • You have very few / no accounts in arrears
    • Your current Telecoms balance is relatively low

I think the sentence 'You have very few / no accounts in arrears' is incorrect and misleading and should be changed to one or the other depending on the person's circumstances below:
    • You have very few accounts in arrears
    • You have no accounts in arrears

Also 'Your current Telecoms balance is relatively low' what exactly does this have to do with anything? I don't hold a balance with my mobile bill as it is set to clear monthly by DD. I think this section is irrelevant.

Under 'Account Details' of a credit card, if you are on a 0% deal, I think it should mention that you are on a promotional deal/offer.

Why are some accounts reported differently than others? E.g. credit cards I have one card where it is just green circles and no information, and another where it has the whole shebang of 'Spending, Payment, Balance' with various amounts in each.

You have 3 colours for reporting:
    Purple = No spend
    Orange = Minimum payment
    Red = Missed payment

However, you have no mention of what the colour green is for.

Under section 'Other' my Amex charge card is listed - however it looks like I haven't used the card at all the whole time I have had it. Your colour scheme coding states I have spent 0 every month and my balance is 0 which is incorrect.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 10th Sep 15, 1:45 PM
    • 19,734 Posts
    • 13,955 Thanks
    molerat
    Incorrect report on my Santander CC. It is reporting J,F,M when I did not open the account until May. Equifax has correct dates. Clearscore is reporting my MBNA as missed payment of 25 when that minimum payment was made ! Not really impressed with the (in)accuracy of the information seeing as Equifax has it correct.
    Originally posted by molerat
    I have just realised that on the payments legend the differentiation between the orange/brown and red is not clear so it is in fact showing min payment although what the difference between a small dot and circle is who knows !
  • ClearScore
    Hi Sambuca9,

Our team has been looking into this issue and a member of our help team would have been in touch with you - you should receive a message shortly.

Regards,
    Aleksandra from ClearScore
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • gig11
    • By gig11 10th Sep 15, 8:40 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    gig11
    Mistakes
    I have just registered my husband and self on this site. When checking his records I am astounded at the errors. Our payments are made every month by Stepchange yet his 2 defaulted accounts show missed payments and monthly spending on the account. The balance on the summary differs by thousands to the balance shown on the more detailed drop down information ,and the amounts paid are not what they receive. I have rung Sainsburys one of the cards in question ,they were at a loss to understand what was shown and confirmed regular payments on time and no spending . I have also raised queries with Clearscore.
    • dander
    • By dander 11th Sep 15, 10:15 AM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 998 Thanks
    dander
    Just signed up with Clearscore -but a bit puzzled by the info there. when I was doing the security questions it mentioned my current account but on getting through to the full data, it says it doesn't have info on a current account for me. Anyone else had that? Seemed odd!

Just editing to remove mention of a loan because I finally found the loan data in "closed accounts".
    Last edited by dander; 11-09-2015 at 10:23 AM.
    • user1168934
    • By user1168934 11th Sep 15, 10:23 AM
    • 298 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    user1168934
    I signed up a couple of days ago. Their UI and report format is very intuitive, found it much more usful than Noddle.

• ClearScore
    Anna from ClearScore here. Thanks for all your comments. Although we can't delve into the details of individual accounts in a public forum, I wanted to come back to you on some of the more general questions.

Although the way accounts are reported can sometimes seem strange, it's important to remember that we are representing to you the information that a lender will see. If there are mistakes on your report, this highlights one of the reasons why checking your report can be very valuable - as it gives people the chance to identify discrepancies and raise a dispute to get your information correct. This means next time you try to remortgage or take out a credit card you can be confident lenders are seeing an accurate picture.

@CandyApple - on your question about telecoms - I can understand your query. Let me explain why the information is displayed this way. Even though you pay off your telecoms balance monthly, you are briefly in short term debt until it is paid off, albeit only for part of the month. This is the balance we report, along with your payment each month, showing that you have paid it off. This still counts as short-term debt in the eyes of lenders and credit reference agencies.

Also coming back on your question about why some credit card accounts are reported differently to others. This is often down to the fact that some credit card issuers report differing levels of info to the credit reference agency. For some, it is very detailed, whereas others it is quite general and only shows whether you paid on time. I know this is confusing - we agree, there should be a better level of consistency in what issuers report.

And finally on your question about why one card may show up but without the relevant spend and payments information. It's hard to say without checking into your account in detail, however I wonder if it could be that this card is a charge card? If it's a charge card that it is mandatory to pay off each month, the issuer may not report this as a short-term debt to us, so the balance will show as zero each month.

It's worth me adding that we completely agree that the world of credit reporting is confusing, and it's our goal to make this a lot clearer. We're listening to all your feedback and continuously working on improvements and additional features for the site - thanks a lot for helping us with this by taking the time to share your experience.
    • stclair
    • By stclair 11th Sep 15, 11:06 AM
    • 6,503 Posts
    • 3,445 Thanks
    stclair
    On my clearscore it says:

You have exceeded your credit card limit several times in the past year (e.g. 2050 statement on 1500 limit for credit card on 2015-08-03)

That's not true I've never exceed my credit limit. I requested for my credit limited to be reduced from 3000 - 1500 when I had a nil balance and has been for nearly 2 years now.

Could you please explain ?
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
    • nidO
    • By nidO 11th Sep 15, 4:04 PM
    • 824 Posts
    • 1,000 Thanks
    nidO
    For Clearscore: There seems to be an issue with the way your report parses mortgages - I have a mortgage with Nationwide which I product switched at the start of 2014 onto a new fixed rate.

Despite this only ever being 1 mortgage with 1 set of repayments and this showing correctly both on Equifax's direct report and elsewhere (Noddle), the Clearscore website is reporting this as two entirely different mortgages, one with the balance as it was at the beginning of last year prior to its product switch and showing no payments made to it since, and one with the correct current balance and repayments.

This is then impacting the "Long term debt total" figure you're presenting, as it's showing my outstanding mortgage balance for this mortgage as being nearly twice what it really is.

Would this be an issue to raise as a dispute with Equifax (given that their own report does not contain this mistake) or your own website?
    If the former, your form for doing so could do with improving as the form asks me to provide as much detail as possible then limits me to 250 characters, barely enough to even summarise the issue, let alone provide details on it. If the latter, I can't find any obvious way to do so.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

374Posts Today

2,422Users online

Martin's Twitter