Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Paloma
    • By Former MSE Paloma 13th Jul 15, 5:04 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Former MSE Paloma
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Car hire firms promise to treat customers fairer
    • 13th Jul 15, 5:04 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Car hire firms promise to treat customers fairer 13th Jul 15 at 5:04 PM
    Car hire firms Avis-Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt have agreed to improve information given to customers...

Read the full story:

Car hire firms promise to treat customers fairer

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 14th Jul 15, 8:49 AM
    • 19,058 Posts
    • 8,044 Thanks
    richardw
    • 14th Jul 15, 8:49 AM
    • 14th Jul 15, 8:49 AM
    We need an EU regulation for car hire, not this silliness.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • geeooff
    • By geeooff 21st Oct 15, 10:33 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    geeooff
    • 21st Oct 15, 10:33 AM
    • 21st Oct 15, 10:33 AM
    Car hire firms seem to be the only companies in the world who routinely send out invoices with unexplained charges on, while immediately taking that unexplained charge from your credit card.

I'm trying to get some explanation from such a retrospective invoice now.

Amazingly it seems this new solemn promise does not include any undertaking to stop the borderline illegal practice of taking money, without saying what the charge is for.
    • dudrpoole
    • By dudrpoole 3rd Nov 15, 8:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dudrpoole
    • 3rd Nov 15, 8:41 PM
    • 3rd Nov 15, 8:41 PM
    I totally agree with the above. I am still fighting for money that was taken/charged (feels like it was stolen) from my account for alleged damage to a hire car in Menorca Airport which I did not cause. Tighter international regulations/laws are needed to stop this from happening.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

704Posts Today

6,022Users online

Martin's Twitter