Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • booter
    • By booter 21st Apr 15, 11:34 PM
    • 1,585Posts
    • 1,983Thanks
    booter
    EXPIRED £10 to spend at Tesco for £5 MightyDeals
    • 21st Apr 15, 11:34 PM
    EXPIRED £10 to spend at Tesco for £5 MightyDeals 21st Apr 15 at 11:34 PM
    This was originally posted by surfsister and Firstwatch earlier (so credit should go to them!) but for some reason was moved to the "Discount Codes & Vouchers" board. I'm re-posting here as I consider this to be a "Grabbit" - no vouchers or codes are required to get this deal.

Here's the link to the OP(s) http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5224560

Don't forget tcb

Offer is valid until 30th April (or until they pull it!)
    Last edited by booter; 22-04-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Page 9
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 14th May 15, 10:39 AM
    • 7,493 Posts
    • 61,547 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Someone at MD is thanking the gods for the existence of copy and paste
    Originally posted by nids
    Yes, what a waste of thread space pasting the same message over and over.

We had 2 for our household as per t&cs, but no emails for us?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 14th May 15, 11:17 AM
    • 2,324 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: Mighty Deals backtracks again after angering users for second time in days
    Mighty Deals admits it incorrectly told over 1,600 shoppers they couldn't get a Tesco offer after it unsubscribed them...

Read the full story:

Mighty Deals backtracks again after angering users for second time in days

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

• Drav
    • By Drav 14th May 15, 11:59 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Drav
    I find it concerning that MightyDeals are flagging the majority of negative reviews on TrustPilot.
    • Cookiecrumble
    • By Cookiecrumble 14th May 15, 12:31 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Cookiecrumble
    Everyone receiving emails about reinstating vouchers- did you contact them to complain?, thanks
    Originally posted by aamsal
    Yes complained via FB & email yesterday. Received an apology email today.

Not everyone was accused of breaking t&c's. Both me & DH applied for the offer - not breaking the rules one per person two per household.

Only DH was accused of unsubscribing. I already had an account having applied without problems for a similar offer last year. DH opened a new a/c for this offer.

Maybe it was just new accounts that were accused of breaking t&c's?
    • tonycottee
    • By tonycottee 14th May 15, 12:34 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 2,214 Thanks
    tonycottee
    Well I got the email reinstating by voucher. I was quite shocked to receive it in the 1st place. I find it quite insulting to be accused of breaking their T&C's.
    However, I didn't get the email to any of my other accounts!

To the cutter and paster at MD - not really!

Edited - yes aamsal, I complained too. I didn't unsubscribe after purchasing, because I unsubscribed a year ago - they do love their spam.
    • Endeavourforever
    • By Endeavourforever 14th May 15, 1:01 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Endeavourforever
    Yes complained via FB & email yesterday. Received an apology email today.

Not everyone was accused of breaking t&c's. Both me & DH applied for the offer - not breaking the rules one per person two per household.

Only DH was accused of unsubscribing. I already had an account having applied without problems for a similar offer last year. DH opened a new a/c for this offer.

Maybe it was just new accounts that were accused of breaking t&c's?
    Originally posted by Cookiecrumble
    I can't even get them to reply to me now - having accused me unfairly and called me a liar they won't even apologise.

Funny how they can send emails out so quickly before but not now - however if I don't receive the proof of my more than 2 purchases soon I will be going to the ASA/Trading Standards and any other organisation readers can suggest !!

Totally agree with comments about Trustpilot reviews - what hold have Mighty Deals got over them?
    Last edited by Endeavourforever; 14-05-2015 at 1:04 PM.
    • JAG
    • By JAG 14th May 15, 1:32 PM
    • 1,233 Posts
    • 1,379 Thanks
    JAG
    Totally agree with comments about Trustpilot reviews - what hold have Mighty Deals got over them?
    Originally posted by Endeavourforever
    I bet Mightydeals are saying that the reviewers broke the terms and conditions by having more than 2 per household, which were not in force at the start of this deal. So they are saying the reviews are not correct.

The ASA are interested because anyone who purchased the deal under the original terms and condtions (see below) where they stated only one per customer, nothing about maximum of 2 per household.

The contract was formed after the purchase was made under the above terms. They cannot change the terms after the sale has been completed.

So anyone that met the original terms should contact Mightydeals for the Tesco voucher.

Or else you can put in a complaint to the ASA http://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx
  • MightyDeals representative
    Hi fuzzgun19,

I can assure you that we are making contact with all of our customers to try and rectify this issue, which is why the official response has been pasted to each post. If you have any issues still personally regarding this deal, please contact us on the below email.

customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk. We will be more than happy to assist with any problems you are still having.

Thank you
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MightyDeals representative
    Hi fuzzgun19,

I can assure you that we are making contact with all of our customers to try and rectify this issue, which is why the official response has been pasted to each post. If you have any issues still personally regarding this deal, please contact us on the below email.

customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk. We will be more than happy to assist with any problems you are still having.

Thank you
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • butterflymum
    • By butterflymum 14th May 15, 1:37 PM
    • 959 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    butterflymum
    Despite providing them with quotes from their own T & Cs that were in force at point of purchase and which clearly allowed for opting out of receiving Deals emails, which I can't even recall if I did or didn't, it seems I am still not having mine reinstated:

Liam, May 14, 14:20:
    Good afternoon,
    I have checked your mighty deals account again this afternoon and I can confirm you have unsubscribed from receiving the daily emails from ourselves on the 22/04/2015 09:31 after purchasing the Tesco deal. Unfortunately where you have done this you are not eligible for the deal as this is reserved for loyal and new customers as stated in the deal terms.
    Thank you.

So, when is a customer not a customer? When they do not agree to receive and/or opt out later from receiving Deals emails? It would seem this is the case here - even though the customer was given the option to do so (implying they could be a customer, albeit not necessarily also a receiver of deals emails). And here was me thinking that I was a new customer by virtue of registering for an account, making a purchase, paying for it, having my payment accepted and taken, and indeed still being able to log on to the site and view my details (except my purchase history, as that has been removed �� ).

MD rep - can you answer why, please? The T & Cs were clear and I did not break the ones applicable at point of purchase. Or perhaps I should ask Advertising Standards to decide?
    Last edited by butterflymum; 14-05-2015 at 2:11 PM.
    butterfly )i(
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 14th May 15, 1:40 PM
    • 10,730 Posts
    • 120,289 Thanks
    emerald21
    Hi mighty deals repersentative. My family and I purchased 4 of these Tesco Deals for £5 each. I genuinely didn t realise it wasn t one per customer consequently we ve had all 4 cancelled. I gather it was two per household so why haven t just two been cancelled and not the whole 4. I find this most unfair and emailed back two days ago and still have not heard anything. Can you please explain.Thank you.
    • Lisbon
    • By Lisbon 14th May 15, 2:02 PM
    • 363 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    Lisbon
    Mighty Deals admits it incorrectly told over 1,600 shoppers they couldn't get a Tesco offer after it unsubscribed them...

Read the full story:

Mighty Deals backtracks again after angering users for second time in days

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Originally posted by MSE Helen
    Couldn't Mighty Deals just be banned from this site? It would save a lot of hassle.
    • JAG
    • By JAG 14th May 15, 2:12 PM
    • 1,233 Posts
    • 1,379 Thanks
    JAG
    Hi mighty deals repersentative. My family and I purchased 4 of these Tesco Deals for £5 each. I genuinely didn t realise it wasn t one per customer consequently we ve had all 4 cancelled. I gather it was two per household so why haven t just two been cancelled and not the whole 4. I find this most unfair and emailed back two days ago and still have not heard anything. Can you please explain.Thank you.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    What date did you purchase the deal?

The two per household was only added at a later date.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 14th May 15, 2:17 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 530 Thanks
    B_M
    Originally posted by emerald21

Originally posted by JAG
    Too right JAG. Companies are entitled to change the t&c's of offers, but they would only apply to those taken after the change. Was the actual change put in place after the close of the offer?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • Drav
    • By Drav 14th May 15, 2:21 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Drav
    I personally left a review that was flagged, in it I simply said that I had been falsely accused of unsubscribing when I hadn't and still had an active account. I will just wait for my refund and never go near them again. I think it is safe to say that they haven proven themselves to be an absolute joke, excusing blatant lies by saying 'oh silly us that was a typo'.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 14th May 15, 2:27 PM
    • 19,019 Posts
    • 48,262 Thanks
    elsien
    I've had the email reinstating me, which came as a bit of a surprise as I'd not had anything to tell me the deal was cancelled in the first place.
    Only bought one anyway, so it looks like they're emailing everyone regardless.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • neilrobi
    • By neilrobi 14th May 15, 2:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    neilrobi
    Do you really think we will ever get a refund? I doubt it
    • JAG
    • By JAG 14th May 15, 2:58 PM
    • 1,233 Posts
    • 1,379 Thanks
    JAG
    Too right JAG. Companies are entitled to change the t&c's of offers, but they would only apply to those taken after the change. Was the actual change put in place after the close of the offer?
    Originally posted by B_M
    The offer was on from the 20th April to 30th April.

The original terms I posted were in force for the first two days at least, because that is when our household purchased 3 over that time period.

One of us kept a screenshot of the deal terms & conditions since it mentioned only 1 per customer so all 3 of us could purchase one.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 14th May 15, 3:24 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 530 Thanks
    B_M
    The offer was on from the 20th April to 30th April.

The original terms I posted were in force for the first two days at least, because that is when our household purchased 3 over that time period.

One of us kept a screenshot of the deal terms & conditions since it mentioned only 1 per customer so all 3 of us could purchase one.
    Originally posted by JAG
    Yes, those were the t&c's when I ordered on the 21st. Though the did change the t&c' to 14 days after the closing date. Originally it was supposed to be available after 24 hours!
    Left hand, right hand etc?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 14th May 15, 3:53 PM
    • 10,730 Posts
    • 120,289 Thanks
    emerald21

Originally posted by JAG
    The first day it was offered. I read it somewhere on one of these forums and there was no mention of 2 per household
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,877Posts Today

6,259Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin