Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Paloma
    • By Former MSE Paloma 6th Jan 15, 2:03 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Former MSE Paloma
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Bank Fashion in administration, but stores remain open
    • 6th Jan 15, 2:03 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Bank Fashion in administration, but stores remain open 6th Jan 15 at 2:03 PM
    " Bank Fashion has gone into administration but stores are open as usual as it seeks a potential buyer ..."

Read the full story:

Bank Fashion in administration, but stores remain open

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 7th Jan 15, 2:15 AM
    • 12,596 Posts
    • 11,768 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 7th Jan 15, 2:15 AM
    • 7th Jan 15, 2:15 AM
    Wow! So nearly placed an order with them in their sale last week, with a very limited budget it would have meant most of my money gone in a flash!

There really should be more protection for consumers who get caught up in things like this, this is not good
  • Dave26
    • 8th Jan 15, 5:49 PM
    • 8th Jan 15, 5:49 PM
    I'm confused with their returns policy.

We bought a Xmas gift for somebody on 11/12/14, unfortunately it didn't fit her. We tried to take it back for an exchange or refund on 08/01/15, but were refused by the 'manager'. Is this correct?
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 9th Jan 15, 1:48 AM
    • 12,596 Posts
    • 11,768 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 9th Jan 15, 1:48 AM
    • 9th Jan 15, 1:48 AM
    I'm confused with their returns policy.

We bought a Xmas gift for somebody on 11/12/14, unfortunately it didn't fit her. We tried to take it back for an exchange or refund on 08/01/15, but were refused by the 'manager'. Is this correct?
    Originally posted by Dave26
    Normally the rules by law state that if you order online you are entitled to a full refund if you are unhappy with your item provided you foot the bill for the return postage (unless your lucky enough that they do this) and the item is returned within 7 days.
    If you buy in store unless the item is faulty you are not entitled to any sort of a refund, administration or not.

However the rules change if a company is in administration. I don't know exactly how but if you follow through the link in the initial post it should explain the in's and outs but I wouldn't hold your breath on getting your money back with a company who is in administration because they suddenly switch their loyalty to their funders and only their funders in terms of cash. They will owe their funders money and they will focus on getting back as much of this money as possible.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

370Posts Today

3,961Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin