Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 19th Nov 14, 8:06 AM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Get double points at Sainsbury's, but you'll have to act fast
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:06 AM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Get double points at Sainsbury's, but you'll have to act fast 19th Nov 14 at 8:06 AM
    Sainsbury's Nectar card customers can exchange their points for vouchers of twice their usual value from today...

Read the full story:

Get double points at Sainsbury's, but you'll have to act fast

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 19th Nov 14, 8:37 AM
    • 1,453 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    Roger1
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:37 AM
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:37 AM
    Redeem only at Customer Services desk at participating stores?

Huh! The Customer so-called Service desk at our local participating SB was already poor but has been 'enhanced' to sharing the lottery/tobacconist/newspaper area with its consequent queue.

No, thanks! This offer was already poor and limited compared with Tesco's offer. Making it difficult to redeem makes it a non-starter for us.
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 19th Nov 14, 8:41 AM
    • 66,263 Posts
    • 389,407 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:41 AM
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:41 AM
    It's taken me two years to get my Nectar points up to about £5 or so (might be less) ..... so not even got the minimum for the hoop jumping circus. Additionally, I don't buy stuff from the list of stuff you can buy with the vouchers.
    • camhan
    • By camhan 19th Nov 14, 8:56 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    camhan
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:56 AM
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:56 AM
    Just been to my local store and it is currently not working!!

I.T are working on it now and are hopeful that it will be fixed by lunch time.
    • Pincher
    • By Pincher 19th Nov 14, 9:15 AM
    • 6,516 Posts
    • 2,491 Thanks
    Pincher
    • 19th Nov 14, 9:15 AM
    • 19th Nov 14, 9:15 AM
    Oh no, what have I done!

After more than ten years of swiping the damned card, I blew 5,000 points on fuel in June this year, because I thought I should use it up before I died.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 19th Nov 14, 9:39 AM
    • 16,710 Posts
    • 143,220 Thanks
    JackieO
    • 19th Nov 14, 9:39 AM
    • 19th Nov 14, 9:39 AM
    I'm going to try that this week as I have about £11.00 odd so will get hopefully a £20.00 voucher .My eldest wants TU PJs for Christmas so I'll see if I can get the voucher which will help no end I have just coughed up an arm and a leg for a heating repair !!!
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th Nov 14, 10:11 AM
    • 8,143 Posts
    • 14,809 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    • 19th Nov 14, 10:11 AM
    • 19th Nov 14, 10:11 AM
    You need to update the returns policy on the FAQ as you can return anything before 31st Jan.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 19th Nov 14, 7:52 PM
    • 28,722 Posts
    • 61,119 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 19th Nov 14, 7:52 PM
    • 19th Nov 14, 7:52 PM
    Additionally, I don't buy stuff from the list of stuff you can buy with the vouchers.
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    Non-essentials, you mean?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • bylromarha
    • By bylromarha 19th Nov 14, 8:01 PM
    • 9,959 Posts
    • 13,247 Thanks
    bylromarha
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:01 PM
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:01 PM
    Finally something decent to spend the build up of points on. Got about £80 of points after joining the scheme when it started.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
    • far2812
    • By far2812 19th Nov 14, 8:45 PM
    • 903 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    far2812
    My partner has £20 worth of points so he can double up to £40 voucher. I have the same. My question is, can we use both our vouchers together? Ie to get £80 off a kindle or something?
    Total Quidco earnings - £547.98

Everyone is scared of someone or something, everyone loves someone or something, and everyone has lost someone or something! BE NICE!
    • bevleigh.atkins
    • By bevleigh.atkins 20th Nov 14, 3:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    bevleigh.atkins
    Not a good scheme
    Really disappointed - this is the first time that I have doubled up with Sainsbury's and its very confusing. You have to 'choose' a department and must spend the whole amount.
    I went for 10 in clothing to get 20 voucher, really long queue in customer services everybody in queue to double-up and only one till on which to do this. Staff not clear what is included in departments.
    Bought some clothes and childrens jewellery - some of which was in, some not - classed as toys!?! Other jewellery was classified as clothes. Got to the till to pay - and beacuse the whole amount was not all 'clothes' then the voucher would not work - I stated that Sainsburys could have the £3 I hadn't spent! But no - I had to pay for the lot or leave it - I left it.

Sainsburys - shame on you - confusing and not good that you have designate departments.
    • bevleigh.atkins
    • By bevleigh.atkins 20th Nov 14, 3:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    bevleigh.atkins
    My partner has £20 worth of points so he can double up to £40 voucher. I have the same. My question is, can we use both our vouchers together? Ie to get £80 off a kindle or something?
    Originally posted by far2812
    Hi - It depends if the Kindle is in the scheme - check carefully before hand. There's nothing that states you can't do this - but after my experince I'm not sure. I would phone central customer service - the staff haven't really been well-briefed in store and are sure about anything!
    • angelzanna786
    • By angelzanna786 20th Nov 14, 7:02 PM
    • 341 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    angelzanna786
    Sainsburys Double Up
    Not sure if posted elsewhere, double up (similar to clubcard boost) is on until Monday, so your nectar points will be doubled in multiples of £5 (e.g. if you have £10 of points it converts to £20 to spend in store). Can be spent on toys, wine, homeware, clothes and applies to things "on offer". E.g. I bought a toy reduced from £50 to £25 using the nectar double up voucher.

Ends 25 Nov.

Hope it helps.
    • angelzanna786
    • By angelzanna786 20th Nov 14, 7:20 PM
    • 341 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    angelzanna786
    Not sure why my post has been moved here. As a grabbit user, I personally never look at this forum and the double up option is available for toys, homeware, clothes - far more than just groceries. May have helped others if posted on grabbit (that's where I discovered clubcard boost)...
    • nafan
    • By nafan 20th Nov 14, 9:16 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    nafan
    i found theres a bit of a con with this offer. I had a £20 voucher and wanted to buy something for £19.99 but this is not possible and because its electricals everythings expensive so i have to spend extra money on something i don't want to be able to spend my voucher
    not much of a reward

is there anyway around this?
    • angelzanna786
    • By angelzanna786 21st Nov 14, 8:33 AM
    • 341 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    angelzanna786
    i found theres a bit of a con with this offer. I had a £20 voucher and wanted to buy something for £19.99 but this is not possible and because its electricals everythings expensive so i have to spend extra money on something i don't want to be able to spend my voucher
    not much of a reward

is there anyway around this?
    Originally posted by nafan
    I was told you can use the voucher but you won't get 1p change.
  • jack9
    Was told this isn't allowed
    Hi - It depends if the Kindle is in the scheme - check carefully before hand. There's nothing that states you can't do this - but after my experince I'm not sure. I would phone central customer service - the staff haven't really been well-briefed in store and are sure about anything!
    Originally posted by bevleigh.atkins
    I want to do the same to buy a tablet to get £40 + £40 off two nectar cards. I asked at customer services and was informed there was a maximum of £40 off per category (i.e. for electronics). I agree though I couldn't see anything in the terms that stated this explicitly. Tesco Clubcard offer is better as no limit on how much you can use.
    • nafan
    • By nafan 21st Nov 14, 2:37 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    nafan
    I was told you can use the voucher but you won't get 1p change.
    Originally posted by angelzanna786
    they refused to let me use it, i'll try again
    • nafan
    • By nafan 21st Nov 14, 3:46 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    nafan
    Just tried again to buy something for 19.99 with a £20 coupon, it wouldn't go through, a nice girl came over and suggested she can scan a packet of batteries and then take it off again

im gutted now though, i just received an email from ebay, if you spend you spend your nectar points there you get 50% of the points back until 23 nov
    • browneyedbazzi
    • By browneyedbazzi 21st Nov 14, 6:34 PM
    • 3,231 Posts
    • 5,575 Thanks
    browneyedbazzi
    I've never had a problem getting/spending the double up vouchers at my local sainsburys.

I have over £50 of points built up and was hoping there'd be a double up before Christmas...one more thing to put on my weekend 'to do' list!
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,474Posts Today

5,626Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin