Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th Nov 14, 10:35 PM
    • 31,755 Posts
    • 66,030 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 8th Nov 14, 10:35 PM
    • 8th Nov 14, 10:35 PM
    The link doesn't exist.

But I would be interested to know which supermarkets accept each other'so MOCs / vouchers. Any takers?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • smod123
    • By smod123 25th Jan 15, 5:29 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    smod123
    • 25th Jan 15, 5:29 PM
    • 25th Jan 15, 5:29 PM
    I want to personally recommend a fantastic page for couponing . Its to a page by a lady called Kez .she runs a page called coupon momma .Heres the link ..........https://www.facebook.com/CouponMamaUK
  • Kenwood37
    • 12th Feb 15, 11:23 PM
    • 12th Feb 15, 11:23 PM
    I must mention Total Couponery on FB (I'm new, so can't post links) - It's been going for a couple of years, has a fab list of coupons, and covers everything from cashback offers, newspaper coupons and wombling, to freebies and in-store glitches, plus a photo blog of shopping trips.
  • Saxonanglo
    • 12th Apr 15, 12:18 AM
    • 12th Apr 15, 12:18 AM
    Do Sainsbury's have coupons in their magazine still? In the 80's you could get 25 of coupons and use them to buy anything and the magazine only cost 1. So you could get 100 of food etc for 4. I must have made 4,000 in a few months.
  • samandmike
    • 17th May 15, 11:44 AM
    • 17th May 15, 11:44 AM
    hello all, have just started couponing, anyone give me some hints/tips and where to pick up couponing

mike
    • Cornflakes_who?
    • By Cornflakes_who? 29th Jul 15, 9:50 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    Cornflakes_who?
    • 29th Jul 15, 9:50 PM
    • 29th Jul 15, 9:50 PM
    Extreme couponing is possible when there are coupons for freebies, MOCs that make an item free, high value coupons and if you have some store vouchers in your pocket too.

I got 35.00 of shopping for free with a 4.84 Price Promise back from Tesco...

Appreciation to all who contribute and have guided me in making my couponing "career" possible since 2009 xx
    • WishI'dReadSooner
    • By WishI'dReadSooner 1st Aug 15, 2:54 PM
    • 1,680 Posts
    • 18,606 Thanks
    WishI'dReadSooner
    • 1st Aug 15, 2:54 PM
    • 1st Aug 15, 2:54 PM
    "I got 67.24 worth of shopping for 11p after store offers and coupons. I did use my employee discount but I think this is totally doable just with coupons. I used 39.50 of saved Clubcard coupons, 5 off 40, a price promise coupon and Rustlers, Rice Dream, Genius bread, Penn State, PEK Jungle Dogs and Wall's coupons." - Purple Sarah"

Isn't it about time that you took this VERY bad example of supposedly 'extreme couponing' off the site as an example?

For pity's sake she used 39.50 of clubcard coupons on the shop - which is the worst possible way of spending clubcard coupons. On a double up she'd have got 79 for them. If she was at all savvy she could have used on 4x deals to get 158 worth of goods/meals etc.

It just doesn't make sense to use this as a 'good' example of extreme couponing. It's the worst possible way to use clubcard vouchers.

Does no-one check the weekly email any more?
    • manny2005
    • By manny2005 26th Aug 15, 8:54 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    manny2005
    • 26th Aug 15, 8:54 AM
    stacking at sainsbury's ??
    • 26th Aug 15, 8:54 AM
    To quote from Sainsburys Q&A on MSE

Q. How many coupons can you use in one transaction?
    A. No limit but multiples of the same type of coupon cannot be used in one transaction.

I have a 12 off 60 and a 4 off 40 that overlap by one day.

Do these count as "the same type of coupon" or could I stack them? Anyone know??
    • LaSynergie
    • By LaSynergie 14th Oct 15, 2:46 PM
    • 349 Posts
    • 1,124 Thanks
    LaSynergie
    I have had problems in the past with ASDA due to them not wanting to accept coupons beyond a certain percentage of the bill. The till locked up and they had to get a supervisor and it was all very embarassing so it totally put me off. In Sainsbury's I have put 4 of the same type of coupons through at once (along with assorted ones), but if you have too many coupons, then again they start asking questions and getting the supervisor and again it gets embarassing with a long queue building up behind me. I wonder sometimes if its just because it is London?
    • abbieakinfenwa
    • By abbieakinfenwa 10th Dec 15, 10:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    abbieakinfenwa
    Tesco doubling
    i used the F and F site and got 162 worth of shopping for 9.60 using club card points which you can double and get the equivalent/. I used 80 worth of clubcard vouchers, doubled them and adding postage paid less than 10. is not reallly extreme couponing but felt good!
    • nidhivarma
    • By nidhivarma 16th Feb 16, 2:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nidhivarma
    ASDA a big No No
    ASDA are a pain when using vouchers. Most of the staff don't know the coupon policy (including headoffice) and its a hit and miss as some of them accept coupon's and some don't which is very inconsistent for a large retailer. At ASDA you cannot use your coupons in conjuction with rollbacks/discounts which is the whole point of being savvy and all other major supermarkets are fine with it. Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury and Morrison's get a bigg thumbs up from me but ASDA is a big no no.
    • Petula
    • By Petula 17th Feb 16, 6:54 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 841 Thanks
    Petula
    Holly is a marvel at couponing here in the UK - she has a YouTube page too (link on her site I think), one of the last videos was of her record breaking (UK) 'free' shop which she got over 1,000 in groceries for free (yep!).

She gives loads of the stuff that she gets for free to charity too

http://www.extremecouponing.co.uk/
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 18th Feb 16, 4:41 PM
    • 9,418 Posts
    • 22,339 Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    Holly helped us with a news story last year, she's fab..

'I've won 50k worth of prizes in five years'
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Petula
    • By Petula 18th Feb 16, 6:05 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 841 Thanks
    Petula
    I'm in awe of all she's accomplished, especially considering her health issues, and absolutely love that she gives so much away to charity
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

676Posts Today

5,855Users online

Martin's Twitter