Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 29th Oct 14, 9:44 AM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: Yorkshire Building Society fined £4.1m over mortgage arrears failings
    • 29th Oct 14, 9:44 AM
    MSE News: Yorkshire Building Society fined £4.1m over mortgage arrears failings 29th Oct 14 at 9:44 AM
    Yorkshire Building Society has been fined over £4.1 million for failing to properly deal with customers in mortgage arrears...

Read the full story:

Yorkshire Building Society fined £4.1m over mortgage arrears failings

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 29th Oct 14, 12:25 PM
    • 63,137 Posts
    • 56,033 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 29th Oct 14, 12:25 PM
    • 29th Oct 14, 12:25 PM
    Will simply result in further tightening down by lenders. Other customers pay the fines etc. Only winner in the Treasury.
    "'The true investor . . . will do better if he forgets about the stock market and pays attention to their dividend returns and to the operating results of their companies.'" - John Bogle
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 29th Oct 14, 12:35 PM
    • 13,027 Posts
    • 8,951 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 29th Oct 14, 12:35 PM
    • 29th Oct 14, 12:35 PM
    I am one of their customers; have experienced financial difficulty; but since I always treated my mortgage as a priority debt and also took trouble to let them know what was happening I never paid these fees. Can I claim compensation?
  • CopyCat
    • 29th Oct 14, 12:43 PM
    • 29th Oct 14, 12:43 PM
    I am one of their customers; have experienced financial difficulty; but since I always treated my mortgage as a priority debt and also took trouble to let them know what was happening I never paid these fees. Can I claim compensation?
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    How could you possibly claim for a service you did not have any dealings with ( arrears charges etc ) ?
    • dwsjarcmcd
    • By dwsjarcmcd 29th Oct 14, 7:47 PM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 917 Thanks
    dwsjarcmcd
    • 29th Oct 14, 7:47 PM
    • 29th Oct 14, 7:47 PM
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    There is no "compensation" to pay you (for several reasons) but especially as they have already repaid any fees charged to affected borrowers.

As you weren't charged any fees why on earth would you think for even a nanosecond that you were due money?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,630Posts Today

7,877Users online

Martin's Twitter