Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Paloma
    • By Former MSE Paloma 10th Oct 14, 2:15 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Former MSE Paloma
    MSE News: The CPP redress scheme was a failure
    • 10th Oct 14, 2:15 PM
    MSE News: The CPP redress scheme was a failure 10th Oct 14 at 2:15 PM
    MoneySavingExpert.com is urging the FCA to allow victims of CPP mis-selling to reclaim their cash again

Read the full story:

The CPP redress scheme was a failure as 850m went unclaimed

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Last edited by Former MSE Paloma; 10-10-2014 at 5:09 PM.
Page 1
  • MINION40
    • 10th Oct 14, 4:31 PM
    • 10th Oct 14, 4:31 PM
    I sent my form back in plenty of time, but had to amend the address on it as I had moved since receiving it. I have heard nothing back. Has anyone else experienced this ?
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 10th Oct 14, 4:49 PM
    • 3,480 Posts
    • 3,939 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    • 10th Oct 14, 4:49 PM
    • 10th Oct 14, 4:49 PM
    Right, so it's CPP's fault that their name happens to look a bit like "PPI" if you squint a bit, is it?

And it's CPP's fault that their letter offering redress is not easily told apart from many others from ambulance chasing scam companies also offering redress, all of whom use amongst them the claims CPP could use to underscore the genuine nature of their mailing ("endorsed by the regulator" etc) is it?

People were sent a direct mailing on CPP headed paper, and some people ignored it. What were they supposed to do, change their name? Use magic words to distinguish themselves from other letters offering redress? Take out TV and press advertising that would be as indistinguishable from the scam companies' marketing as well?

Sorry, the claim period was open for six months, and everyone was notified. If you didn't claim in that period, that is nobody's fault but your own. Take some responsibility.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
    • jo-bo
    • By jo-bo 10th Oct 14, 9:04 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    jo-bo
    • 10th Oct 14, 9:04 PM
    • 10th Oct 14, 9:04 PM
    Right, so it's CPP's fault that their name happens to look a bit like "PPI" if you squint a bit, is it?

And it's CPP's fault that their letter offering redress is not easily told apart from many others from ambulance chasing scam companies also offering redress, all of whom use amongst them the claims CPP could use to underscore the genuine nature of their mailing ("endorsed by the regulator" etc) is it?

People were sent a direct mailing on CPP headed paper, and some people ignored it. What were they supposed to do, change their name? Use magic words to distinguish themselves from other letters offering redress? Take out TV and press advertising that would be as indistinguishable from the scam companies' marketing as well?

Sorry, the claim period was open for six months, and everyone was notified. If you didn't claim in that period, that is nobody's fault but your own. Take some responsibility.
    Originally posted by JuicyJesus
    Well said, was thinking the same thing myself. Too many people look for the "get out of being stupid clause".
    • elly68
    • By elly68 11th Oct 14, 9:50 AM
    • 2,456 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    elly68
    • 11th Oct 14, 9:50 AM
    • 11th Oct 14, 9:50 AM
    We got ours i posted day before closure date 226 in the bank
    Barclay card 0% 72736 set payment 266 a month 35 months bos cc 20% /8600 virgin cc 32 months 0% 6645 Santan loan =7,040 =total 28,960.. yip debt increased thats halls for you x
    Lifes a beach.go walk on one Arbroath, Blackness, Crammond , Dunbar, Eyemouth ballyliffen,st andrews,corby,
  • Kingschula
    • 11th Oct 14, 10:11 AM
    • 11th Oct 14, 10:11 AM
    Just received letter from CPP to say that I had missed the deadline even though I posted it on the 27th August - damn sure that they received it on time but what can I do now?? It took them over a week to send me a replacement form and I sent it back the same day, but they still say I am not entitled for a review. Am so angry about the whole process.
    • mrbobsy
    • By mrbobsy 13th Oct 14, 1:12 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    mrbobsy
    • 13th Oct 14, 1:12 PM
    • 13th Oct 14, 1:12 PM
    Just received letter from CPP to say that I had missed the deadline even though I posted it on the 27th August - damn sure that they received it on time but what can I do now?? It took them over a week to send me a replacement form and I sent it back the same day, but they still say I am not entitled for a review. Am so angry about the whole process.
    Originally posted by Kingschula
    When did you originally receive the form?
    • tillersville
    • By tillersville 13th Oct 14, 3:00 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tillersville
    • 13th Oct 14, 3:00 PM
    • 13th Oct 14, 3:00 PM
    Kingschula, the exact same thing happened to me, said not received until 4/9/2014. Form completed day it arrived here and posted... Fuming!
    • ChopperST
    • By ChopperST 14th Oct 14, 2:59 PM
    • 1,169 Posts
    • 782 Thanks
    ChopperST
    • 14th Oct 14, 2:59 PM
    • 14th Oct 14, 2:59 PM
    My wife received a letter from them and it was completely clear what to do from the letter. Another non story from MSE.
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 14th Oct 14, 3:04 PM
    • 16,154 Posts
    • 60,024 Thanks
    mum2one
    a big thank you from me I got a cheque for 275 very well times, I dint return my letter till the last week in August
    Tackling the debt free life one day at a time xx
    RIP Dad, - Always love you, - He was 1 in a million xx
    • Melaniep101
    • By Melaniep101 15th Oct 14, 11:37 AM
    • 612 Posts
    • 2,821 Thanks
    Melaniep101
    Posted ours back in July and heard nothing! Nobody manning the telephones now either...
  • hiawatha
    Cpp
    I left it till the last minute and CPP said they would post the info to arrive on t he last friday. In fact it did not arrive until the following monday. The post mark even indicated it was not posted until after the final receive by date.

I phoned and they told me to send recorded delivery forms with an explanation. I scanned the letter date to show them they sent it out too late. I was told that it was discretionary as to whether my submission would be accepted. HEARD NOTHING

Also one member of my household never even received the forms.

All this is recorded on their phone systems too.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th Oct 14, 11:35 PM
    • 23,613 Posts
    • 12,943 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Nobody manning the telephones now either...
    Originally posted by Melaniep101
    The scheme is closed so of course the phone lines set up for that purpose are gone too. CPP can still be contacted.
  • hobbsso24
    I sent my form back in plenty of time, but had to amend the address on it as I had moved since receiving it. I have heard nothing back. Has anyone else experienced this ?
    Originally posted by MINION40
    Hi, this happened to me and despite telling them my new address they still posted to the old one. I got a cheque but via my old address fortunately the new people forwarded on to me
  • JBPoplar
    Originally posted by MINION40

You will need to call them and quote your policy numbers and tell them about your change of address. I amended my form but my first cheque went to my old address. Thankfully I'm still in contact with where I used to live and I got my cheque so I called them and gave them my new address. They won't amend it from the change on the form. I just got my 2nd cheque this week so have received a total of 945 in total. Very happy.
    I hope that you can get them to sort it out for you and its not too late.
  • Spinach pie
    Just to let you know, thanks to your page, I am now sitting with a cheque for over 570. My hubby said we wouldn't get anything! Ha ha! I tried with the form you had put on this website, but that didn't work so I went directly to Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society. Who made us an offer! Thank you so much I'm really chuffed!
    • Caroline Sigamoney
    • By Caroline Sigamoney 14th Mar 16, 12:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Caroline Sigamoney
    Do I accept defeat?
    With all the cpp and ppi stuff still looming around I thought I would investigate a claim that Cpp offered me a couple of years ago as I hadnt heard an update from them after sending the appropriate claims forms back. I received a very blunt letter saying they had sent me a cheque and the cheque was over 6 months old so basically tough! I replied advising that I had never received such a letter and could they advise me of the details of the letter eg amount of cheque, where and when it was sent. Received my reply today saying it was sent back in April 2014 and confirming they will not reissue it. I never received it, I think I would remember as I'm not one to pass on 'free' money but should I give up, it was for 370 so no small amount but not thousands. I'm just not sure if I've got a leg to stand on? Any thoughts please
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 14th Mar 16, 4:38 PM
    • 9,114 Posts
    • 5,584 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    There have been a lot of cases of CPP claiming to have sent money but people not receiving it.

I suggest you make a formal complaint to CPP and, if necessary, take it to FOS. It will cost you nothing to try but if it goes to FOS then they will pay a fee of 550 to argue the toss.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,928Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: YOU DO NOT NEED YOUR POLLING CARD TO VOTE! Just go to your polling station - don't be wrongly put off. Please spread the?

• Today's Twitter Poll: Will you be voting in tomorrows European elections? If so will it be for a party you've no? https://t.co/YJ9XqAZ8u4

• This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• Follow Martin