Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    caitlynsmummy
    Parking eye aldi fine!
    • 5th Jul 14, 10:43 PM
    Parking eye aldi fine! 5th Jul 14 at 10:43 PM
    hi guys new to all this hope im posting in the correct area!
    today I received a parking penalty notice from parking eye for an overstay in an aldi store on june 26th . the store in question is small an has a small car park, that day is very busy in our little town as it market day so all car parks tend to be full. the aldi is very close to town centre so most people park there as its free. the day in question I spent 20 minutes queuing to get a space, the store operates a one way system and everyone waits at the top of the car park and often out onto the main road just waiting for a space! once parked I did my full shop (42 have the receipt) the store was very busy that day and when I was waiting to pay for my stuff the women in front of me actually abandoned her shopping and left the store as she was sick of waiting! EEK! once I packed my car my 19 month old daughter had an "accident" so had to get her cleaned up ect in the back of my car as they do not have customer toilets ect and then I had to join the one way que to leave the carpark! I didn't even realise until today that I had gone over the time ect. I have emailed aldi customer servies and explained all this but after reading about the glorious Rachael I don't hold my breath in getting any help!
    all my frieds/ family are telling me to simply ignore the letter and any others that come but im abit unsure about that, they have also said not to contact parking eye as im the accepting liability. I don't no what to do really as its all classes as mitigating circumstances isn't it? I cant help the ques tho and I can probably get witness statements proving the issue with the waiting to park ect as well as a staff member to prove how busy the store was as it was me that made them aware of the abandoned trolley ect.

what should I do pay it as an appeal will fail or not??
    help!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Jul 14, 11:03 PM
    • 22,588 Posts
    • 28,698 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Jul 14, 11:03 PM
    • 5th Jul 14, 11:03 PM
    most of what happened is irrelevant to PE, but the store receipt may mean they will cancel if you add it to a RK appeal using the template letter in the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum

I would edit your post above and space it out with new paragraphs and some empty lines, making it easier to read , like I am doing here

your friends and family are fools if they think you should ignore this ticket , will they pay it if it all goes pete tong ? I doubt it

what advice will they give you if PE take you to small claims court using an MCOL and seeking a few hundred pounds ? will they pay it or will they let you receive a CCJ instead?

basically, ignore what these numpties (sorry) are telling you and read and follow the newbies thread (remind me never to ask them for any legal advice)

good idea to complain to aldi like you have done, even if they dont help you , its still correct and would help if it went to court

it wont go to court if you appeal correctly and if necessary appeal at popla using this forums help

this is all correct advice if you are in england or wales

mitigation will possibly work with aldi and PE and court, but not at popla, legal arguments win at popla

I have asked crabman to split this thread as you have hijacked it, please start a NEW thread in future , thanks
    Last edited by Redx; 05-07-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • caitlynsmummy
    • 6th Jul 14, 6:51 AM
    • 6th Jul 14, 6:51 AM
    Thanks for you advice! Sorry about the hijacking! I didn't realise I had!
    • Hot Bring
    • By Hot Bring 6th Jul 14, 7:22 AM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    Hot Bring
    • 6th Jul 14, 7:22 AM
    • 6th Jul 14, 7:22 AM
    Thanks for you advice! Sorry about the hijacking! I didn't realise I had!
    Originally posted by caitlynsmummy
    It's a strong word but it means posting your question on a thread that someone else has started. I'm sure it will be split out to a new thread once the board guide is online.

In the meantime, appeal to Parking Eye using the template in the Newbies thread.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • caitlynsmummy
    • 6th Jul 14, 7:35 AM
    • 6th Jul 14, 7:35 AM
    most of what happened is irrelevant to PE, but the store receipt may mean they will cancel if you add it to a RK appeal using the template letter in the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum
    Originally posted by Redx
    Being thick now (nowt new ) but what is a RK appeal?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Jul 14, 7:41 AM
    • 3,668 Posts
    • 5,724 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 6th Jul 14, 7:41 AM
    • 6th Jul 14, 7:41 AM
    Registered Keeper
    • Hot Bring
    • By Hot Bring 6th Jul 14, 7:43 AM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    Hot Bring
    • 6th Jul 14, 7:43 AM
    • 6th Jul 14, 7:43 AM
    RK stands for Registered Keeper - i.e. the person on the log book ( that shows my age still calling it that ! ).

What it means is, if it was a ticket put on your windscreen ( which as this was Parking Eye it won't be ) you wait for the letter in the post and appeal as the RK. In your case you still appeal as the RK and don't say who the driver was but you didn't get a windscreen ticket.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jul 14, 5:44 PM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,432 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Jul 14, 5:44 PM
    • 6th Jul 14, 5:44 PM
    Hiya - didn't we used to discuss vouchers & coupons on 'paidtoshop' forum, back in the (Tescoing)day?! Or is your username a coincidence with a paidtoshop poster?

Do read the top sticky thread which explains how to appeal. If friends think this should be ignored they are out of date and exposing you to a ParkingEye small claim which isn't the best advice!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • caitlynsmummy
    • 7th Jul 14, 8:06 AM
    • 7th Jul 14, 8:06 AM
    Hiya - didn't we used to discuss vouchers & coupons on 'paidtoshop' forum, back in the (Tescoing)day?! Or is your username a coincidence with a paidtoshop poster?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Hiya, sorry it's pure coincidence! The picture is one tht Mse have automatically done, I've not chosen it lol

Thanks for your advice, yes seems I'm getting out of date info. I'm waiting on Aldi to respond. If they don't help I was planning on appealing but if that fails am I right in thinking the lower 40 charge won't be available and I wud Hv to pay the higher 70?

If that's right I'm not sure there's much point in me appealing. Although I can't see how they came to those figures for compensation/cost to their business!
    • Hot Bring
    • By Hot Bring 7th Jul 14, 9:12 AM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    Hot Bring
    Hiya, sorry it's pure coincidence! The picture is one tht Mse have automatically done, I've not chosen it lol

Thanks for your advice, yes seems I'm getting out of date info. I'm waiting on Aldi to respond. If they don't help I was planning on appealing but if that fails am I right in thinking the lower 40 charge won't be available and I wud Hv to pay the higher 70?

If that's right I'm not sure there's much point in me appealing. Although I can't see how they came to those figures for compensation/cost to their business!
    No, no, no - you don't have to pay anything. If you use the templates here you WILL win !!!!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Jul 14, 9:30 AM
    • 22,588 Posts
    • 28,698 Thanks
    Redx

maybe you are not right ?

maybe you should lose the guilt complex

maybe you should not pay a penny

think about it, who is saying you are guilty and why ? for breaking some petty rules designed to entrap motorists and genuine shoppers into excessive charges to fund some lavish lifestyle of people who sit on their fat a***** whilst allowing some computer to decide if you have broken some rule or not ? - with no common sense or compassion ? I think not

if one of your children had taken a mars bar without you knowing about it and paying for it, would that justify these charges being brought ? or would you expect common sense to prevail if you offered to pay for what was taken so nobody was out of pocket - so how can you pay extra for a free car park that exists to allow you to shop on site ?

maybe (most definitely actually) you should appeal using the forum template asap, and then if necessary use the forum popla examples and appeal direct to popla and let popla decide

due to the fact this excessive charge is not justified at all then clearly popla should rule in your favour, assuming it gets that far, also assuming you use the correct forum appeals linked in the newbies thread post #3

assume you are innocent of all charges and therefore should not be paying one penny, then attack it from that perspective
    Last edited by Redx; 07-07-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • ColliesCarer
    ..... Although I can't see how they came to those figures for compensation/cost to their business!
    Exactly!! You can't see how they came to those figures for compensation for one reason and one reason only

Because they didn't come to those figures for compensation and they can't justify the charge as a loss.

Which is precisely why you should appeal and why you will win

Aldi may get it cancelled as you spent 42 in their store that day (we believe there is a secret minimum 30+ spend clause in their contract with P E before they will help their customer)

BUT there have been many cases in which by the time a definitive answer was received it was too late to appeal

So do not wait for Aldi to come back to you - get your appeal in anyway using the template appeal in the NEWBIES thread and if PE reject it - you get the chance to beat them at POPLA and cost them 27 into the bargain - while you pay Zilch!!
    • snowcat53
    • By snowcat53 7th Jul 14, 10:23 AM
    • 599 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    snowcat53
    Make sure you also go and direct to the local Aldi store manager asap. Go in and ask for them, armed with your PCN and receipt. They can get it cancelled immediately and this is the quickest route. Rachel is a waste of time and obnoxious.
    • snowcat53
    • By snowcat53 7th Jul 14, 10:29 AM
    • 599 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    snowcat53
    Check out their fire exits.
    Originally posted by Ivor Pecheque
    You also mentioned this on another thread.

What breaches have you seen? Have you raised a complaint with Aldi or the Council Env Health dept (responsible enforcing authority)
  • caitlynsmummy
    Thanks guys really appreciate your help!!

I marched into aldi today armed with my charge notice and receipt.
    Demanded I spoke to the manager and spoke very loudly creating a proper scene safe to say he wanted to me go into there back room!

Erm no lol I argued my point with the manger in front off all the tills, took him outside to all the queuing cars waiting for spaces and told him what for again in front of all the waiting customers haha

He was very helpful after that, took my receipt and notice came back 5 mins later all is canceled sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Haha! Result! :-)
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jul 14, 12:45 PM
    • 23,698 Posts
    • 37,890 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Thanks guys really appreciate your help!!

I marched into aldi today armed with my charge notice and receipt.
    Demanded I spoke to the manager and spoke very loudly creating a proper scene safe to say he wanted to me go into there back room!

Erm no lol I argued my point with the manger in front off all the tills, took him outside to all the queuing cars waiting for spaces and told him what for again in front of all the waiting customers haha

He was very helpful after that, took my receipt and notice came back 5 mins later all is canceled sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Haha! Result! :-)
    Brilliant result caitlynsmummy, the power of the customer complaint. And after all you are their customer, spending your hard-earned so they can generate profit. Persecuting customers via an agent is both counterproductive and cowardly!

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the walk of your branch of Aldi earlier to day. Well done, and now you're likely to feature in Coupon-mad's Complaints' Hall of Fame.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • snowcat53
    • By snowcat53 7th Jul 14, 1:27 PM
    • 599 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    snowcat53
    Well done Caitlynsmummy. If a few more store managers reported upwards that they are getting hassle and grief from legitimate customers, Aldi might get the message that PE are bad for business and reconsider.
    • snowcat53
    • By snowcat53 7th Jul 14, 1:28 PM
    • 599 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    snowcat53
    You also mentioned this on another thread.

What breaches have you seen? Have you raised a complaint with Aldi or the Council Env Health dept (responsible enforcing authority)
    Originally posted by snowcat53
    Now just bumping this question up
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 14, 3:53 PM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,432 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Brilliant result caitlynsmummy, the power of the customer complaint. And after all you are their customer, spending your hard-earned so they can generate profit. Persecuting customers via an agent is both counterproductive and cowardly!

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the walk of your branch of Aldi earlier to day. Well done, and now you're likely to feature in Coupon-mad's Complaints' Hall of Fame.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Indeed and this is sooo common a complaint that caitlynsmummy features as 'complaint to Aldi #16' here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

and this is the paidtoshop poster I was thinking of, spelt differently:

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1094636#post1094636

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • caitlynsmummy
    Indeed and this is sooo common a complaint that caitlynsmummy features as '[B]complaint to Aldi #16' here:[/

and this is the paidtoshop poster I was thinking of, spelt differently

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    It's official I'm on the success wall of fame!

A work colleagues got a parking charge notice from PE but from a different carpark safe to say I will be helping her sort it using everyone's advice in here and the newbie templates ect.

I think I've turned into a parking vigilante!! :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,254Posts Today

6,875Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin