Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    oneyey
    Help with Popla appeal against PE
    • 9th Sep 13, 11:49 AM
    Help with Popla appeal against PE 9th Sep 13 at 11:49 AM
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me with a Popla appeal against a PE charge? I'm new to this forum, though I did look through lots of the posts before my original appeal to PE which was of course rejected. My ticket is for an overstay in a free supermarket car park. I disagree with the charge because it is so much - 85 for a short overstay in a free car park! Had they levied a more reasonable charge I would've paid it but 85 seems unjust to me. There were mitigating circumstances on the day, though I understand that these might not help me with Popla so I have no real idea how to word an appeal and the whole thing has me v worried and stressed

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
    Last edited by oneyey; 09-09-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Page 2
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 24th Sep 13, 7:51 PM
    • 7,917 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    Well done to you and another victory to be added to coupons hall of fame , just proves that what the guys say on here does make a difference
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 24th Sep 13, 8:16 PM
    • 25,096 Posts
    • 40,469 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Great news, well done

Coupon-mad strikes (the PPCs) again
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Sep 13, 10:46 PM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,819 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi all, just wanted to say a huge thank you- Morrisons cancelled the ticket with apology. Could not have got that result without your help & it really is appreciated. I didn't get a response to the email, though they obviously got it. Initially I received a letter from PE asking for proof of my visit (despite it saying in the email that I had none). The following day I received another letter ominously ordering me to return to the store in question & ask for 'Ray'. No surname given, just Ray! I was slightly nervous but Ray turned out to be the store manager & he arranged for the ticket to be cancelled.

Another victory for this forum! Many thanks for all your help- you are amazing!!
    Originally posted by oneyey

Yayayayay - Morrisons couldn't do much else and will hopefully take this sort of complaint on board in general as well, when it comes to renewing contracts!

I was really into the 'complaint mode zone' when I wrote that one, must use it again!

I will link your case to the PPC scam 'complaint successes' Hall of Fame sticky here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • profscooter
    Just a quick note to say I followed this thread having received a ticket for an inadvertent overstay at Morrisons, was getting ready to send the template letter to Parking Eye, but before doing so, emailed the CEO addresses as above, they contacted PE, and agreed to cancel the ticket as a gesture of goodwill and are hoping that I continue to shop with them. Big thumbs up to MSE.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Jul 14, 3:18 PM
    • 25,096 Posts
    • 40,469 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Proof writ large that 'complain' should be a parallel strategy to the appeals' process. Well done profscooter.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Jul 14, 6:04 PM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,819 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just a quick note to say I followed this thread having received a ticket for an inadvertent overstay at Morrisons, was getting ready to send the template letter to Parking Eye, but before doing so, emailed the CEO addresses as above, they contacted PE, and agreed to cancel the ticket as a gesture of goodwill and are hoping that I continue to shop with them. Big thumbs up to MSE.
    Originally posted by profscooter
    I suspect Morrisons are fed up with PE - I know I would be if I was a top Manager of a Supermarket or large retail chain. Morrisons do get a lot of complaints from here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

767Posts Today

6,921Users online

Martin's Twitter