Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 27th May 14, 4:04 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    'Buy Zara clothes at a fraction of the cost, and get a flight...' discussion
    • 27th May 14, 4:04 PM
    'Buy Zara clothes at a fraction of the cost, and get a flight...' discussion 27th May 14 at 4:04 PM
    If you're one of the millions planning a trip to Spain at some point this summer, stop shopping at Zara UK right now ...

Read the full story:

Buy Zara clothes at a fraction of the cost

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Last edited by Former MSE Helen; 03-03-2015 at 6:52 PM.
Page 1
  • feemcc
    • 28th May 14, 1:27 PM
    Postcode won't work
    • 28th May 14, 1:27 PM
    Hi,

I have given is a go, but when at checkout it asks for a postcode and doesn't seem to accept a UK postcode. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks
  • ragi132
    • 28th May 14, 3:33 PM
    • 28th May 14, 3:33 PM
    There's a Zara in Benidorm that the girls and I visit at least once a year, have come home with some real bargains.

Have never been able to order on the spanish website with a uk postcode though, which I think Martin does say in his blog, sadly!
  • Millefeuille
    • 30th May 14, 9:38 AM
    Cheaper in Spain
    • 30th May 14, 9:38 AM
    I recently saw a really nice Desigual (Spanish brand) handbag in Paris, but baulked at the 99 Euro price. Two months later I was fortunate enough to travel to Valencia for work and a Spanish colleague told me Desigual was much cheaper there. In the local department store (equivalent of John Lewis) I found the same bag for 39 Euros. Looking at the Desigual site in England, I suspect it's the same situation as Zara.
  • mjose
    • 30th May 14, 12:33 PM
    Free forwarding address in Spain
    • 30th May 14, 12:33 PM
    You can get for free your personal spanish address where you can receive your zara purchases from Spain and Spainbox will forward for you with Fedex or UPS at a very cheap price to UK or any place in the world

You can buy from zara spain online using an SpainBOX forwarding for free using this coupon code: FREESPAINBOXPERSONAL
    • Augustus the Strong
    • By Augustus the Strong 4th Mar 15, 8:52 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 324 Thanks
    Augustus the Strong
    • 4th Mar 15, 8:52 AM
    • 4th Mar 15, 8:52 AM
    When I last went to Barcelona a few years ago, Camper shoes were very much cheaper there than in London, and even cheaper still at the airport.
  • Soubboura
    • 4th Mar 15, 1:28 PM
    This applies to other countries ... try Turkey
    • 4th Mar 15, 1:28 PM
    When Syria was experiencing better days I bought all my wardrobe from Stefanel (Italian style / Spanish company / manufactured in Aleppo / sold in outlets in Damascus) Their sales were prodigious : a skirt sold in Harrods for £150 & bought in Damascus for £10 - shopping in sales meant I accessed 90% discount on next season styles that hadn't yet arrived in the UK! My daughter graduated as a lawyer and moved to the US with an entire wardrobe of Italian clothes; My wardrobe is still packed with Stefanel classics! Now no more Stefanel in that country! But this happens round the 3rd world, wherever high end clothing is produced! It leaks out by the back doors!!!
  • dickiedalmata
    • 4th Mar 15, 4:04 PM
    Valencia- Bonaire out of town shopping outlet center
    • 4th Mar 15, 4:04 PM
    In response to your message about Desigual in Valencia, there's a shopping center near to Valencia airport called Bonaire. At the back of Bonaire there's another smaller shopping mall called Pueblo Bonaire. Zara has a discount outlet there called Lefties. There's also a Desigual outlet with up to 30% off normal Spanish prices and a Mango outlet too! This is where they get rid of left over stock, so you can find some real bargains. Oh, I nearly forgot, you can get great prices on shoes at the Camper outlet as well.
  • Flossyfloo
    • 4th Mar 15, 4:38 PM
    • 4th Mar 15, 4:38 PM
    In response to your message about Zara in Spain it's really worth looking out for 'Lefties' in the shopping malls. There is one in the beautiful 'Zenia Boulevard' in Orihuela Costa. The shop sells Zara left over stock at seriously reduced prices, especially in the winter months.
    • hob66
    • By hob66 4th Mar 15, 9:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hob66
    Check out other stores while in Spain
    Take a look at H & M stores in Spain, I use the one in the Habaneras Commercial Center, Torrevieja, Costa Blanca because of the good exchange rate it is cheaper to buy in Spain than the UK. I have not checked out Zenia Boulevard shopping centre yet at Playa Flamenca - down the coast south of Torrevieja.
    • Brahaspatinda
    • By Brahaspatinda 5th Mar 15, 12:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Brahaspatinda
    Something to bear in mind when you set your heart on something to collect in Spain is that sizing of stock here means that places such as Zara will often not have anything in 'normal' UK sizes. Their 'XL' is a 16 and skimpy at that: many years of undernourishment has made for narrower frames! And if they do actually have an XL in the shop it'll be just that - 'an', not a rack-full.
    • nomoneytoday
    • By nomoneytoday 5th Mar 15, 1:45 PM
    • 4,768 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    nomoneytoday
    I found Pandora charms cost the same in euro as we pay in GBP over there.
    (based on my survey size of 1)
    • lingolady21
    • By lingolady21 5th Mar 15, 3:16 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    lingolady21
    Zara in Portugal only gets a tiny mention in the article on MSE but the same prices apply there as in Spain. Factor in the lower cost for food etc when on holidays compared to Spain (lower cost of living and lower wages in Portugal) and you might be able to save even more by heading to Zara in Portugal. The Zara Portugal website is available in English as well as Portuguese for anyone wanting to do a quick search.
    • ScarletBea
    • By ScarletBea 7th Mar 15, 8:00 AM
    • 2,790 Posts
    • 4,167 Thanks
    ScarletBea
    will often not have anything in 'normal' UK sizes. Their 'XL' is a 16 and skimpy at that: many years of undernourishment has made for narrower frames!
    Originally posted by Brahaspatinda
    What an incredibly awful and ignorant remark!
    The availability of big sizes has got more to do with the fact that women in continental Europe eat properly and have healthy sizes, unlike the 'fat brits' where apparently the average now is a 16!!!
    Nothing to do with "undernourishment" - or maybe you call 'undernourishment' not being constantly snacking on fast food *roll eyes*
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • Hoppy12
    Mango just like Zara
    Mango is the same as Zara. Just purchased a leather jacket in Tenerife for £60 less than it would have cost me in the UK
    • ghol26
    • By ghol26 27th May 15, 12:41 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    ghol26
    Just in case anyone is planning a trip to Palma de Mallorca with the intention of stocking up at Zara, the store was being refurbished when we were there on 5th May. No sign indicating when the store would reopen.
    • dobiecat
    • By dobiecat 14th Jul 15, 5:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dobiecat
    Easier to buy in Spain than through online in UK
    I would recommend this after very poor service from online shopping.
    Skirt ordered on 11th June for holiday on 18th, no skirt before holiday but saw item for sale at a cheaper price in Genoa.
    Contacted Zara on return as still no email to say skirt ready to collect. Advice was that shop had been too busy due to sale to send me an email.
    requested refund and this was agreed but more than a week later still waiting- further complaint made.
    • pirc
    • By pirc 12th Nov 15, 9:10 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pirc
    If you're going to Spain forget buying Zara online, or in the department stores. Go to the markets and look for the 2 for 5 Euro's stalls they are packed full of Zara clothes, Okay, they are seconds but so what!. I spend part of the year here in Spain and regularly buy them cut price. For clothes here it is even worth buying a suitcase also from the market or one of the many Chinese shops and paying the return charge, or posting it.
    • brewthebear
    • By brewthebear 12th Nov 15, 11:22 AM
    • 234 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    brewthebear
    what part of Spain would that be pirc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

328Posts Today

4,165Users online

Martin's Twitter