Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 7th May 14, 4:15 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    Can you help us make MSE even better? (We'll pay you 50)
    • 7th May 14, 4:15 PM
    Can you help us make MSE even better? (We'll pay you 50) 7th May 14 at 4:15 PM
    We're working to make MoneySavingExpert.com easier to use, whether you use the site on a desktop, a tablet or a mobile

Read the full story:

Can you help us make MSE even better? (We'll pay you 50)

Click reply below to discuss. If you havent already, join the forum to reply. If you arent sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • mattytun
    • By mattytun 7th May 14, 4:58 PM
    • 13,627 Posts
    • 238,154 Thanks
    mattytun
    • 7th May 14, 4:58 PM
    • 7th May 14, 4:58 PM
    Can you put another "0" on the end 500...
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd
  • Errata
    • 7th May 14, 5:20 PM
    • 7th May 14, 5:20 PM
    What an effective way to sneer at anyone who doesn't live in London. Well done MSE.
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 7th May 14, 7:41 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    • 7th May 14, 7:41 PM
    • 7th May 14, 7:41 PM
    whether you use the site on a desktop, a tablet or a mobile

You say this but in the article you specify that you must use the site using a smartphone, again very restrictive
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 7th May 14, 8:13 PM
    • 8,633 Posts
    • 18,640 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    • 7th May 14, 8:13 PM
    • 7th May 14, 8:13 PM
    Is this the meeting of the 9th May, postponed for a week (lack of volunteers? insufficient preparation time?) or a second meeting?

Still doesn't say what time it is to be (they must think MSE site users have unlimited free time).
    Last edited by Mandelbrot; 07-05-2014 at 8:20 PM.
    • VT82
    • By VT82 8th May 14, 8:13 AM
    • 1,038 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    VT82
    • 8th May 14, 8:13 AM
    • 8th May 14, 8:13 AM
    You say this but in the article you specify that you must use the site using a smartphone, again very restrictive
    Originally posted by torbrex
    I think it says you must have a smartphone that can access the internet. Don't think it says you have to have used it to read MSE.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 8th May 14, 9:32 AM
    • 808 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 8th May 14, 9:32 AM
    • 8th May 14, 9:32 AM
    Has this been postponed from the 9th of May then? I would be interested if it is the evening of 9th May, but cannot make 16th.
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 8th May 14, 10:22 AM
    • 9,181 Posts
    • 48,213 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    • 8th May 14, 10:22 AM
    • 8th May 14, 10:22 AM
    What an effective way to sneer at anyone who doesn't live in London. Well done MSE.
    Originally posted by Errata
    Where does it say you have to live in London? I don't, and I've applied?

Originally posted by torbrex
    No it doesn't. VT82 has clearly read the ad correctly - it says that you must OWN a smartphone that you use to access the internet.

Still doesn't say what time it is to be (they must think MSE site users have unlimited free time).
    Originally posted by Mandelbrot
    Have you asked? Possibly more constructive to ask a straight question via the email address they provide than to just snipe on the forum thread on the subject.

Seems some people are unclear on the point/nature of a focus group, and also on the meaning of the word "volunteers" - I for one think this is a great idea for MSE to move forward. Makes a nice change for a FREE to use site to actually be asking its users for input in this way too.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 8th May 14, 2:45 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    • 8th May 14, 2:45 PM
    • 8th May 14, 2:45 PM
    I think it says you must have a smartphone that can access the internet. Don't think it says you have to have used it to read MSE.
    Originally posted by VT82
    Thank you for highlighting my error

It is still restrictive in as much that ownership of a smartphone for accessing the internet is required.
  • Errata
    Where does it say you have to live in London? I don't, and I've applied?
    Nowhere, but reimbursement of travel costs to the tune of 50 excludes those living in much of the country who are keen to save money not spend it.
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
  • zctlm35
    Could be good to do a web or telephone-based meeting in future. I'm sure MSE will get lots of volunteers, but could get even more if it wasn't limited to people living in/able to get to certain parts of the country. People are probably more able to contribute if they don't have to spend time and money travelling. I know face to face is better for certain types of feedback, but a lot can be acheived without having people there in the flesh too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

960Posts Today

5,676Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin