Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 8th Apr 14, 4:49 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    0 WOW
    MSE Blog: How I got a £3,300 Virgin Atlantic upper class flight for £1,500
    • 8th Apr 14, 4:49 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE Blog: How I got a £3,300 Virgin Atlantic upper class flight for £1,500 8th Apr 14 at 4:49 PM
    "when I accumulated a few Virgin reward miles from a flight, I was keen to max them out as best I could..."

Read the full MSE blog:
    How I got a £3,300 Virgin Atlantic upper class flight for £1,500

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 8th Apr 14, 5:28 PM
    • 19,004 Posts
    • 8,016 Thanks
    richardw
    • 8th Apr 14, 5:28 PM
    • 8th Apr 14, 5:28 PM
    Get your groceries at Aldi or Lidl and save real money, forget about the Tesco Clubcard.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • anotheruser
    • By anotheruser 11th Apr 14, 5:55 PM
    • 2,726 Posts
    • 1,575 Thanks
    anotheruser
    • 11th Apr 14, 5:55 PM
    • 11th Apr 14, 5:55 PM
    You say that but it can be quite a good deal if you use a lot of their services.
    I had triple clubcard points on Tesco mobile, which I was dubious about joining at the start of the contract but now I don't think I will leave unless they force my contract to end.

Their new petrol thing can be handy for families who do large shops at Tesco too.

However for people like myself who do the occasional shop at Tesco, even using all the tricks to max out points such as suggesting to the self checkout machine that I re-used a bag(s) when I didn't and "acquiring" receipts to gain extra CC points, I have knocked up a fair few points, which enables me to get a magazine subscription for the year for free.

I did look at converting the points to fly miles but as I don't pull in the big bucks with points, then the amount I would save isn't that much. In monetary terms, more than the magazine sub but less useful.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 11th Apr 14, 6:19 PM
    • 19,004 Posts
    • 8,016 Thanks
    richardw
    • 11th Apr 14, 6:19 PM
    • 11th Apr 14, 6:19 PM
    .....suggesting to the self checkout machine that I re-used a bag(s) when I didn't....
    Originally posted by anotheruser
    Some may say that's not a trick, it's ...
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

2,172Users online

Martin's Twitter