Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    playgoer
    23 minute overstay with Parking Eye
    • 10th Mar 14, 11:27 AM
    23 minute overstay with Parking Eye 10th Mar 14 at 11:27 AM
    Looking through various threads I'm getting anxious about having ignored two letters from Parking Eye about this overstay in January. I did overstay, true, and they sent me photos to prove it, but I ignored the letters because a couple of years ago I had a bit of a do with Civil Enforcement and ended up taking advivce from the forum and ignoring further correspondence from them. In that case, their notices were quite invisible at night, and despite sending them photos to prove it, they still wanted my money.
    Now I'm anxious that I may have done the wrong thing this time, as a third letter has come from PE wanting £100! (the previous ones wanted £60). I actually have used this car park many times and had never realised it was subject to any kind of charge (so much for notices). This time I was shopping with, and consoling, a friend who was going through a bad time, lost track of time, and left 23 minutes after I should have done. £100 seems a bit much for 23 minutes. Is Parking Eye a more legit outfit than others? I don't want to have to find £100, to be honest - who would? but nor am I anxious to break the law. Some friendly advice would be awfully welcome, if anyone out there has it.
Page 5
  • playgoer
    Thanks to Ampersand and ColliesCarer, two aces. This evening I had an email from Steve C, a really nice personal email saying that he understands a letter is on its way to me. Considering I hadn't actually asked him to do anything, only asked what I should do next, I really appreciate his chasing this up, as he must have done. So I'll let you know when it arrives. You're both quite right, this waiting for something that may or may not come is awful. Ampersand, I didn't understand the ref to pps in the bpa, sorry. Hopefully it won't apply to me now, whatever it is, but someone else might need to know!
  • ColliesCarer
    That's excellent news PG - well done for your persistence.

I sent you a pm earlier today but there's no need to respond to that now that you've had such a good response from Mr C.

I had also drafted you a letter to send so I'll still send that via a PM to you anyway - just in case - belt and braces and all that.

Would suggest you hang on to it and if other said letter fails to make an appearance by say Monday - send it anyway.

If you want other comments on it's content I've got no problem with you posting it on here seeking input to fine tuning it.

Hope you have a restful week-end and maybe treat yourself to a little celebratory glass or two
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 21st Mar 14, 8:57 PM
    • 8,542 Posts
    • 33,582 Thanks
    ampersand
    Another flying fingers grovel, pg.
    Ref=ppc's in the bpa i.e. private parking scumpanies in the british parking assoc.
    Many people have poor/nil experience of/with steve.c. You and I have had the opposite. Does he like we older wimmins?
    Grand news all round.
    Hold said letter in one hand, as you type us the news of its actual arrival with t'other: thus shall we believe:-)
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• playgoer
    And thus may ye believe, as that's what I'm doing right now! Came in the post just as I was nipping out to the gym. A short letter, unsigned, sent on 19 March. Ends "Kind regards, ParkingEye Team"! Too kind. I don't know if Steve C had any hand in it, as the timing's a bit tight, but if he did, I thank him.
    Would there be any point in collecting together all the info people have managed to gather about various landowners and put it on a sticky?
    My Retail Park was the Ty Glas Retail Park, Llanishen, Cardiff. The landlord is
    Cushman & Wakefield,
    Site Services Ltd.,
    9 Colmore Row,
    Birmingham B3 2BJ.
    M +44 (0)7747 474 414
    F +44 (0)121 232 4901
    Stephen Rees
    Regional Facilities Manager
    South West

stephen.rees@cwmanagementservices.com
    www.cushmanwakefield.com

Hope that may help someone, somewhere. Thank you all for your support, help and encouragement, right up to the very last. I know you've also been doing things for others, too. I can only say thank you to you all, and wish you a very happy weekend. If ever anyone doubts that people are nice, they only have to come to this forum.
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 22nd Mar 14, 10:11 AM
    • 8,542 Posts
    • 33,582 Thanks
    ampersand
    PLAYGOER - A JOY TO READ, THANKYOU!

I'm sure this info. can and should be collated, thus easily updated. Excellent idea. I suggest you pass this to c-m for her newbies Bible.

Once again - wonderfully well done!
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• ColliesCarer
    Great news Playgoer - I'm so pleased for you

A result!!

Thank you so much for letting us know and for the information.

Brilliant suggestion too about a Landowners list

So now the is over - have a great holiday!!
  • playgoer
    Have sent pm to C-M with idea and info. To battle!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,734Posts Today

7,864Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• RT @justinbones: Just looking at how the bad weather may be impacting business and the economy. Thankfully someone has already looked at th?

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @EmmaBarnett from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin