Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 5th Mar 14, 4:26 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    'Dig your heels in if you’re owed an insurance claim' blog discussion
    • 5th Mar 14, 4:26 PM
    'Dig your heels in if you’re owed an insurance claim' blog discussion 5th Mar 14 at 4:26 PM
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.
Page 1
  • Lisabur
    • 8th May 15, 7:05 PM
    insurance claim wont pay out
    • 8th May 15, 7:05 PM
    We are in desperate need of some advice. on December 26th at approx 12.10am we had an arson attack on our property causing over Ł20,000 damage not to mention my lifely hood and sentimental items belonging to my husbands parents. Firstly we were interviewed like criminals and then did not hear a thing from the insurance until may 7th yes thats right may so took over 5 months to gain a reply from these people.
    Our letter states discrepancies of events and basically making silly accusations like my son was intoxicated on the night yet the fire service state he was wide awake and talking, i mean what the hell has that to do with the fire. We are at our wits end with this, as one i have mental health problems and my husband has heart problems. This has seriously left us out of pocket not to mention my job. We still have the mess as it contains asbastos we cannot just remove the mess, we are experiencing rats and finding this really all very very stressful. We just need advice on the next step as the letter states "due to the apparent discrepancies your insurers remain concerned over the validity of the claim. By proxy wish to reserve all rights to the claim and the policy as a whole whilist looking forward to our considered comments.
    We were adviced to get legal help but this is just not possible on one wage and so we can't afford to see a solicitor.
    HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!
    • cajef
    • By cajef 10th May 15, 5:26 PM
    • 5,001 Posts
    • 4,059 Thanks
    cajef
    • 10th May 15, 5:26 PM
    • 10th May 15, 5:26 PM
    Post in the Insurance board, this forum is Martin's Blog.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,454Posts Today

7,857Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin