Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 14th Jan 14, 4:20 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    0 WOW
    MSE Blog: Iíve a mountain of toiletries. So why am I rushing out to buy more?
    • 14th Jan 14, 4:20 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE Blog: Iíve a mountain of toiletries. So why am I rushing out to buy more? 14th Jan 14 at 4:20 PM
    "Rummaging around my beauty cabinet recently, I realised I’ve probably got enough lotions and potions to last me a couple of years. So can I justify buying items in this week’s potential Boots 75% off sale?..."

Read the full MSE blog:
    I’ve a mountain of toiletries. So why am I rushing out to buy more?

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Last edited by Former MSE Helen; 14-01-2014 at 4:23 PM.
Page 1
    • tgroom57
    • By tgroom57 15th Jan 14, 9:33 AM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 12,872 Thanks
    tgroom57
    • 15th Jan 14, 9:33 AM
    • 15th Jan 14, 9:33 AM
    Great post ! Remind me to buy shares in Boots

I buy 3 glycerine soaps from BodyShop when they were on offer - currently I have more soaps in my bathroom than the shop has on its shelves. And I am shopping today for deodorant - from whichever shop has it on offer below £1, and toothpaste from Poundland.

• jordie_tart
    • 15th Jan 14, 2:24 PM
    • 15th Jan 14, 2:24 PM
    I'm exactly the same - but this years New years resolution is not to buy any more toiletries or make up unless I have actually run out - which with my stash won't be any time this decade ..... 15 days in, only had one hiccup - which is pretty good for me .... only another 300 odd days to go .....
  • MsHoarder
    • 16th Jan 14, 10:50 AM
    • 16th Jan 14, 10:50 AM
    Because advertising hype means you don't think about whether you actually need it. I periodically go through my toiletties box and discard/think about if I actually need anything. I only ever buy my 3 favourite things and use up presents for the rest.

Don't buy anything unless you will use it....
    "Every single person has at least one secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance in the world."
    ó Frank Warren
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 16th Jan 14, 10:54 AM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    • 16th Jan 14, 10:54 AM
    • 16th Jan 14, 10:54 AM
    Think you need to join this
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4856336

• Ree2
    • 17th Jan 14, 5:19 PM
    • 17th Jan 14, 5:19 PM
    Went to the Boots 75% off sale yesterday when I received my email-I would estimate 90% of items were sold out. I wish-listed 10 items that were "available", but in check out, all were gone. A waste of half an hour!!!!
    • SpreadPyar
    • By SpreadPyar 17th Jan 15, 4:00 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 525 Thanks
    SpreadPyar
    • 17th Jan 15, 4:00 PM
    • 17th Jan 15, 4:00 PM
    We are same just can't help buying more even though we haven't just got the shelf above the hand basin(Holds lots) but also two Stn'less shelves with 4 sectioned with bottom two with glass door so holds a bit more stacked right to the back... then our airing cupboard is full of the latest hoard from TKM. Some of them been there for years still can't stop....

so you are not alone and extreme
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,411Posts Today

8,616Users online

Martin's Twitter