Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 14th Jan 14, 12:25 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: Mis-sold CPP card protection insurance? You can now get your money back
    • 14th Jan 14, 12:25 PM
    MSE News: Mis-sold CPP card protection insurance? You can now get your money back 14th Jan 14 at 12:25 PM
    "If you were mis-sold CPP card insurance, you're in line for a payout after the High Court approved a redress deal ..."

Read the full story:

Mis-sold CPP card protection insurance? You can now get your money back

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • patanne
    • By patanne 14th Jan 14, 1:11 PM
    • 1,270 Posts
    • 2,553 Thanks
    patanne
    • 14th Jan 14, 1:11 PM
    • 14th Jan 14, 1:11 PM
    Please be careful people. There already seem to be fee charging companies getting on the bandwagon!
  • karenhumphries
    • 14th Jan 14, 7:16 PM
    • 14th Jan 14, 7:16 PM
    I voted yes to the redress. I had my CPP policy since 1997 but cancelled it in 2007 I believe. From reading the link it sounds like only payments made after 2005 will be reimbursed or will I get my previous payments back? Last year I did contact CPP about miss selling & they referred me to G E Capital Bank as I initially took the policy out in Dorothy Perkins but I didn't bother claiming in the end.
    • zoonyx
    • By zoonyx 15th Jan 14, 1:08 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    zoonyx
    • 15th Jan 14, 1:08 PM
    • 15th Jan 14, 1:08 PM
    Just rung the scheme of arrangement place to update my address details and boom - letters should be sent out in February.

Bloke suggested that I will be entitled to over £150 (assume this is easier to work out than the PPI percentages etc).

It's roughly £30 a year as a guide.
  • busabus
    • 16th Jan 14, 10:15 AM
    • 16th Jan 14, 10:15 AM
    "18% of customers voted"

Either only a small fraction of the customers have been successfully contacted, or they're one lazy bunch!
  • mrsbris
    • 16th Jan 14, 10:41 AM
    • 16th Jan 14, 10:41 AM
    From my letter it said I didn't need to do anything at the time. Hmmm... might have been a way to eliminate voters....
  • Seddo150
    • 16th Jan 14, 11:35 AM
    Help - no policy to hand
    • 16th Jan 14, 11:35 AM
    Hi All

Both my partner and I had Identity Protection with CPP but when we cancelled our policies (mainly due to cost) I disposed of any policy documents, my partner still has her last document. does anyone know whether I would still be able to claim. I am thinking they should be able to find us both on previous and current address check but I am unsure as to what evidence I will have to provide. We got caught up in all this when we took out a MBNA credit card and activated it and was sold over the phone.
    Any adivce greatly received. Thanks
  • Baroness10
    • 27th Jan 14, 6:04 PM
    • 27th Jan 14, 6:04 PM
    Hi all
    I bought my policy in 2003 via a storecard taken out with Creation Financial services, part of Laser Uk. I have been advised by CPP that this company is not part of the redress scheme. Has anyone had any luck with taking up a claim against them? I also am of the opinion that's s all the renewals were done over the phone by CPP directly, that they are also liable for miselling in all subsequent years (up to 2012). all advice welcomed, thanks.
    • socks_uk
    • By socks_uk 28th Jan 14, 10:38 AM
    • 2,706 Posts
    • 2,096 Thanks
    socks_uk
    • 28th Jan 14, 10:38 AM
    • 28th Jan 14, 10:38 AM
    "18% of customers voted"

Either only a small fraction of the customers have been successfully contacted, or they're one lazy bunch!
    Originally posted by busabus
    Maybe they are just not educated by the MSE school of money saving!
    Did you wonder where the photo was taken?
    Somewhere above the clouds over Germany on the way back from Prague August 2009!
    Hand typed by me!
    -x-
    • Mat_Lock
    • By Mat_Lock 5th Feb 14, 11:32 AM
    • 2,053 Posts
    • 5,565 Thanks
    Mat_Lock
    I got the original letter (to my old address) only a few weeks ago as my old flatmate gave me all my old mail. I was too late to vote but glad it has been approved.

I have no idea when or what card was used to pay for this protection and I have no paperwork. I presume the claim is processed automatically as I have no paperwork to give them.

They have my last address and I only lived there since 2010 so I presume it was for a credit card I had taken out in the last 4 years.

I've now changed my address by phone to them but didn't ask any other details.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

300Posts Today

1,418Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin