Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jun 13, 10:04 AM
    • 23,676Posts
    • 37,858Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs
    • 19th Jun 13, 10:04 AM
    Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs 19th Jun 13 at 10:04 AM
    It seems to be kicking off a bit on Aldi's Facebook Page. Aldi seems to be reaping the rewards of their contract with PE

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] (and as their Agents, bringing Aldi closer to having to account for all this).

Major bad publicity. If you can add to it, go for it.

Aldi Facebook
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 21-01-2014 at 9:52 AM.
Page 28
  • razor142
    've had the displeasure of speaking to Rachel from 'Aldi customer services'(I won't put the full name, but she seems to be very well know).

My wife parked in fareham Aldi, spent a long time in there shopping, and occidentally overstayed by 12 minutes. She has the receipt showing till time.

I phoned Aldi customer service upon receiving the first ParkingEye invoice and I was told that if we could produce a receipt, the invoice would be cancelled, and that this needed to be done via ParkingEye
    So we sent out our letter, with explanation of busy tills at Aldi, with our copy of the receipt etc...
    All that we got back was another invoice saying our appeal time was up and that we had to pay 70.
    We then wrote to Aldi customer services explaining everything again, with copies etc... Today I received the disappointing call from Rachel. She informed me that Parking had never received my appeal letter and that she would forward it onto them. OK, great. She then added that it was down to Parking Eye to review and cancel if it's appropriate. I queried this as my previous phone conversation seemed to indicate that it would be Aldi cancelling invoices, after seeing receipts etc... This is when I asked to speak to a manager and was told this was not possible, twice, with no further explanation.

So at the moment, we are facing an invoice for 70 for a whole 12 minutes extra, which seems overkill.
    I am so far very disappointed with my interactions with Aldi, contradictory information etc...

It seems I'm not the only one. There are messages all over Facebook & MSE forums. I was advised to log my findings here
    Originally posted by razor142
    update on my case:Parking Eye have now cancelled their invoice.
    • martmonk
    • By martmonk 26th Sep 13, 12:26 PM
    • 855 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    martmonk
    I've not read the entire thread, or the facebook page so don't know if this has been suggested already but I've just posted 3 quickfire tweets about charging customers 100 to park.

Pretty sure I'll get blocked soon enough but might be worth a few others giving it a go too.

@aldiUK
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 26th Sep 13, 4:13 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 13,969 Thanks
    trisontana
    I see that the Computer Shopper thread on their Facebook page has been deleted.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 26th Sep 13, 5:57 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 13,969 Thanks
    trisontana
    It wasn't link, it was a direct image of the page from Computer Shopper. Anyway, as now , it's been re-posted.
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 26th Sep 13, 8:35 PM
    • 4,163 Posts
    • 3,549 Thanks
    Kite2010
    Sadly, the author of the article is on holiday until next week.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 27th Sep 13, 7:30 AM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 13,969 Thanks
    trisontana
    Critical posts are still being removed on their FB page. Ironically, the latest one to go was a post criticising them for removing posts!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 27th Sep 13, 10:00 AM
    • 23,676 Posts
    • 37,858 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Here's the latest report of a genuine and regular Aldi customer, reduced to tears and sobbing her heart out because of the store's relentless persecution of their own customers via their agent PE.

If Aldi were a football team, all they'd score would be own goals

Feeling totally gutted!
    A poor woman (having fell fowl of their parking policy) was sobbing her heart out. She had been shopping there since the store opened spending about 60 - 80 Every week. on her last visit she forgot to log her car reg, She couldn't find her till recipe so she has received a penalty fine.
    Aldi! sometimes you suck.
    The policy no longer works, i know plenty of people who still use your car park but don't shop there. They just use the store to log out...
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • martmonk
    • By martmonk 27th Sep 13, 10:38 AM
    • 855 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    martmonk
    whilst searching the forum for results on the aldi CEO email to see if anyone has had a response from it - have they? - I came across this excellent post;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3774243&highlight=gmdsec

When you see this C-M it might be worth adding to your successful complaints sticky.
    • HO87
    • By HO87 27th Sep 13, 12:39 PM
    • 4,186 Posts
    • 7,514 Thanks
    HO87
    whilst searching the forum for results on the aldi CEO email to see if anyone has had a response from it - have they? - I came across this excellent post;

When you see this C-M it might be worth adding to your successful complaints sticky.
    Originally posted by martmonk
    It wouldn't be a bad idea but it will need to be updated.

Those that have changed:

Boots - CEO is currently Alex Gourlay
    Argos - CEO is currently John Walden
    B&Q - CEO is currently Kevin O'Byrne
    Comet have closed
    Halfords - CEO is now Matt Davies
    HMV were bought up earlier this year don't know who is CEO
    Mothercare - is now Simon Calver
    M&B is now Alistair Darby

Can't help with email addresses but you could always try them using the format of their predecessors.
    Last edited by HO87; 27-09-2013 at 1:54 PM. Reason: It would help if I could read my own writing
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016).

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 27th Sep 13, 1:42 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 3,176 Thanks
    nigelbb

Those that have changed:

Comet have closed
    M&B is now Alistair Calver

Can't help with email addresses but you could always try them using the format of their predecessors.
    Originally posted by HO87
    That other list was posted about 18 months ago so there is quite a turnover in CEOs with seven out of thirty odd changed (& that's just the one's in HO87's address book)
  • Hovite

Those that have changed:

Comet have closed
    M&B is now Alistair Darby

Originally posted by HO87
    For Argos emails should be sent to Terry Duddy of Home Retail Group. And I know he replies from personal experience.
  • Hovite
    And as I've just promised on the Aldi Facebook page, here's the email address for the joint MD's of Aldi - enjoy !!!!

Matthew Barnes and Roman Heini - gmdsec@aldi.co.uk
    • martmonk
    • By martmonk 27th Sep 13, 2:24 PM
    • 855 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    martmonk
    And as I've just promised on the Aldi Facebook page, here's the email address for the joint MD's of Aldi - enjoy !!!!

Matthew Barnes and Roman Heini - gmdsec@aldi.co.uk
    Originally posted by Hovite
    Thanks - that email address is what took me to the old thread - Coupon-Mad posted it some time ago (around page 6 or 7). i was trying to find out if anyone had used it or if there had been a response from it.

I would expect not. I'd also suspect that the 'sec' part of the address means that there's at least one level of screening before it reaches either (gmdsec to mean group md secretary?). They will undoubtedly still have personalised addresses, usually just a questions of finding the format as HO87 mentions.
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 27th Sep 13, 7:17 PM
    • 4,163 Posts
    • 3,549 Thanks
    Kite2010
    Although most likely the personalised email address will still be filtered by a PA, and in some cases the PA will pretend to be the CEO/MD
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Sep 13, 8:40 PM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Originally posted by martmonk

Now that is a good idea!

I think that thread is a bit old now to be up-to-date so how's about I use my spare post #3 on 'my' sticky thread to start showing the CEOs emails and/or contact details of the usual suspects, such as the Peel Centre Stockport and the main Supermarkets, and Welcome Break, etc.?

I will add to the sticky thread over the weekend but will need people to post a reply on the sticky please to tell me about any CEO details you know to be current. Only those Retailers/landholders who we often get complaints posted re PPCs. If you want to post a reply on the sticky with CEO details that you are aware of, (anyone here who knows such details) I will collate them into post #3 of the sticky in due course.

Like Aldi, of course, the subject of this 'thread of shame' about their association with Parking Eye (just to bring this back on topic)!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • SlimmingSusan
    • By SlimmingSusan 28th Sep 13, 11:12 AM
    • 291 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    SlimmingSusan
    Just wanted to add to this thread before taking the time to read it all, which I will today. It looks interesting.

I have been advised from supportive members of this board, after receiving a parking eye fine for overstay at aldi preston last week, to post politely on the aldi facebook page, which I have. Have also started my own thread.

I was just going to pay to make it go away, but I think I may fight it.
  • Hovite
    Just wanted to add to this thread before taking the time to read it all, which I will today. It looks interesting.

I have been advised from supportive members of this board, after receiving a parking eye fine for overstay at aldi preston last week, to post politely on the aldi facebook page, which I have. Have also started my own thread.

I was just going to pay to make it go away, but I think I may fight it.
    Originally posted by SlimmingSusan
    It would be easier in a separate thread but regardless, don't pay this !

Most of the time we recommend you complain to the retailer ( Aldi ) but personally I think that is letting Aldi off the hook. They now need to be taught a lesson. So here's the process :

1. Complain to Aldi ( if you want to )
    2. Appeal to Parking Eye saying you were a valid customer
    3. Appeal to POPLA - as this is from Aldi and currently they are my pet hate, I'm very happy to write the POPLA appeal for you. You WILL win.

By appealing to POPLA you will cost Parking Eye 32 and their "club" the BPA 100 - how good does that feel ?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Sep 13, 11:26 AM
    • 23,676 Posts
    • 37,858 Thanks
    Umkomaas

Most of the time we recommend you complain to the retailer ( Aldi ) but personally I think that is letting Aldi off the hook. They now need to be taught a lesson. So here's the process :

3. Appeal to POPLA - as this is from Aldi and currently they are my pet hate, I'm very happy to write the POPLA appeal for you. You WILL win.

By appealing to POPLA you will cost Parking Eye 32 and their "club" the BPA 100 - how good does that feel ?
    @SlimmingSusan - you won't get a better offer than this (even at Aldi )
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • SlimmingSusan
    • By SlimmingSusan 28th Sep 13, 11:37 AM
    • 291 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    SlimmingSusan

Yes that sounds like sweet revenge, would be really grateful for the help. Does it matter that I no longer have the Aldi receipt? Also, does it count that there is another store on the small retail park where I spent quite a long time browsing on the same visit? A fabric and craft store. I was complacent as the car park was really quiet, would have been more vigilant if it had been a busy Saturday. Have visited this car park hundreds of times for same stores.

By the way, have started a separate thread, but don't know how to post a link. I was going to see if Aldi reply to my FB post. So I take it the advice to not contact parking eye is out of date since October 2012? I will have a read through this thread.

If I get a bad mark in my first uni assignment I should be doing, maybe can claim compensation from PE and Aldi ;-)
    Last edited by SlimmingSusan; 28-09-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 28th Sep 13, 12:28 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 13,969 Thanks
    trisontana
    Neither Rachels (PE & Aldi) will like that! Rachel Organ in my conversation with me came up with the sob story that the reason PE are losing so many POPLA appeals is that the dastardly motorists, with encouragement from internet forums, are only making "soft" appeals. According to her this means that PE are not in possession of "all the facts". Thus they turn down the appeal, give out a POPLA code and when it gets to POPLA, the "full facts" come to light and PE lose the appeal.

All nonsense of course. PE are losing so many appeals , not because of them not knowing all the "facts" , but because they either cannot show a contract, or they can't get their head around the difference between costs and losses.
    Last edited by trisontana; 28-09-2013 at 1:07 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,982Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin