Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Eliza252
    Iced Coffee
    • 20th Jun 05, 10:32 AM
    Iced Coffee 20th Jun 05 at 10:32 AM
    Anyone got a good recipe for iced coffee/homemade frappuchino?

Presumably you dont just stick the coffee pot in the fridge?!
    I need the caffeine even more at the moment - this horrible muggy weather is making me fall asleep!
    ps - I usually use filter coffee not granuales, gotta bit of an aversion to nescafe - what can I say, I'm a coffee snob!
    I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan 1720 paid off! only 280 to go!!!
    Money to raise for tuition fees: 3000
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!
Page 1
  • Galtizz
    • 20th Jun 05, 10:40 AM
    • 20th Jun 05, 10:40 AM
    There's a recipe HERE though I'm not sure how it'll be iced if you have to boil most of the ingredients :confused:

I have a vegue memory of making this a few years ago, It was made with nescafe so you'll have to alter it a bit but basically I think it was
    1tsp coffee melted in a tiny bit of boiling water (that made it really strong so you could perhaps use a small amount of 'proper' coffee made really strong)
    Fill up the rest of the glass with ice cold milk and whisk
    To make it really nice you could add a scoop of ice- cream and whisk it up.

I guess if you changed the coffee to 1/2 tsp coffee + 1/2 tsp of hot chocolate you'd have mocha.
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt
    • shykins
    • By shykins 20th Jun 05, 1:07 PM
    • 2,581 Posts
    • 5,514 Thanks
    shykins
    • 20th Jun 05, 1:07 PM
    • 20th Jun 05, 1:07 PM
    i make it in a blender (make sure its oe that can cope with ice).... half cup strongish coffee..... 2 cups of ice,, i use sweetener but add sugar if u prefer.... cream (or milk) .. pulse it till ice broken up... u can use whipped cream on top if u want

sorry cant give u amounts i just chuck it in , hope for best and it usually works lol

HTH
  • KTFrugal
    • 20th Jun 05, 4:40 PM
    • 20th Jun 05, 4:40 PM
    Make your pot of coffee, as usual, but make it a bit stronger. eg if you usually use 6 spoons, use 7. Allow to cool (I make a pot and leave it in the morning, then put it in the fridge in the afternoon).

2 tricks: put the glasses in the fridge, when you chill the coffee, it makes a great difference and make coffee ice cubes so that you don't dilute the caffeine with water.

If you have an ice cream maker with that bowl you keep in the freezer, you can quick chill your coffee in that, when you have that iced-coffee emergency.
    • lindadykes
    • By lindadykes 27th Oct 05, 2:48 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 1,154 Thanks
    lindadykes
    • 27th Oct 05, 2:48 PM
    • 27th Oct 05, 2:48 PM
    I make a rather good instant iced coffee with the Douwe Egberts granules, put 1 tsp coffee granules, 1 tsp sugar, a dollop of cheap vanilla ice cream and just over 1/2 mug of milk in a beaker or jug and whiz with a stick blender. This makes a lovely frothy, ready chilled iced coffee.
    Last edited by lindadykes; 27-10-2005 at 2:48 PM. Reason: Errors
    Linda
    • gentlepurr
    • By gentlepurr 26th Nov 05, 11:19 PM
    • 4,014 Posts
    • 5,338 Thanks
    gentlepurr
    • 26th Nov 05, 11:19 PM
    Frappe (iced coffee) foolproof recipe please?
    • 26th Nov 05, 11:19 PM
    hi, i know this isn't really "old style" but i'm desperate for a foolproof recipe for frappe, lovely n frothy like you get on the continent. any help greatfully appreciated!

thanx xx
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 26th Nov 05, 11:26 PM
    • 19,612 Posts
    • 20,410 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 26th Nov 05, 11:26 PM
    • 26th Nov 05, 11:26 PM
    Mmmmm, used to make iced coffee with Kemp - I think you can get this again now!

I never bothered about the froth because it was so delicious, but I imagine you could froth it up with one of those electric capuccino frothers - the sort like a tiny whisk, not the steamy sort.
    • shykins
    • By shykins 27th Nov 05, 2:47 PM
    • 2,581 Posts
    • 5,514 Thanks
    shykins
    • 27th Nov 05, 2:47 PM
    • 27th Nov 05, 2:47 PM
    strong coffe, loads of ice, milk or cream , sugar or sweetener

chuck it into a blender capable of crushing ice and blend away .. it should come out nice and frothy

nb u need LOADS of ice

HTH
    x
    • lindadykes
    • By lindadykes 27th Nov 05, 9:54 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 1,154 Thanks
    lindadykes
    • 27th Nov 05, 9:54 PM
    • 27th Nov 05, 9:54 PM
    1 tsp instant coffee, a biggish dollop of vanilla ice cream. 1 tsp sugar and milk, blend together with a stick blender - comes out really frothy and ice cold, really delicious.
    Linda
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,377Posts Today

7,118Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• RT @Screeeeamer: @dwlstacey @MartinSLewis @TUIUK Dear mr Stacy, I need to let you know of a slight amendment to the Porsche 911 you ordered?

• Follow Martin