Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ashilda
    parking eye>popla fine.
    • 10th Aug 13, 6:18 PM
    parking eye>popla fine. 10th Aug 13 at 6:18 PM
    Hi all,

Advice please...I parked on a parking eye site April, I paid for 3hrs parking stayed 2hrs 8mins so overpaid for parking but machine didn't issue a ticket and wouldn't give me my money back. At the time this happened to several other people and one lady told e she had paid at 2 machines and same thing happened. I stupidly figured they must be aware of machine faults and I would be fine seeing AS I PAID!!
    Well no, they sent me a charge, I replied to explain what had happened (should have ignored it I know...now), they passed charge to popla and popla have now said they agree that I should have called them at the time to get a ticket and its my fault. I have to pay 85 by weekend or they will take me to court. As popla have sided with them my husband says I don't stand a chance in court and with court costs will cost me a fotune.

Am fuming at the injustice of it!! so many people never pay to park, I overpay and end up being forced into paying a god damn fine because their machine was faulty!. They insist all machines were working which is obviously crap but anytime I ask for cctv footage or tell them to count the money in the machine they reply with 'you didn't pay for parking' infuriating company!. I even contacted my local mp who wrote to parking eye on my behalf, they replied with 'she didn't pay for parking' bright sparks that they are!! I know I should just pay and accept that the world of parking eye isn't fair but god I hate them!! I want to take them to court!!!!! what should I do?
Page 2
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad
    Right you have a few choices here, people dont shoot me down for saying this

You either complain to the landlord/shop etc and see where that gets you
    When you receive your court claim (which you will) you either defend it in full (if you feel you can do that, in court (also sorting out your defence), or you make an offer to pay their costs when you receive papers.

Or you just pay up now.
  • ashilda
    I have complained to the landowners and the managers of the land, have also involved my local mp... I am not paying the PCN no matter what, so if they take me to court so be it, I will have to sort out my defence using these forums for advice. I just didnt know if I should reply to the LBCCC or not? as in I had to reply to LBA within 14 days, is this the same or ok to ignore? I basically want to make myself look as good as I can in court and wonder if another well written response to their generic nonsense letter would go in my favour or maybe I should write saying, please initiate court proceedings as I intend to defend claim in full?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Aug 13, 11:49 PM
    • 73,739 Posts
    • 85,880 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Anybody have any advice on whether I should reply to this LBCCC or just ignore?
    Originally posted by ashilda

Errrrrm...as ever, read other new threads as everyone gets the same letters and you can always bet your question is 'fixtures' (football forum speak for a duplicate of other threads with the same point):

If you rely on people having time to answer every new question (not always possible on a busy forum) you are missing the answer that is under your nose all the time:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4747192

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4736170

There is no better way to learn how to deal with this than to check the new threads every day - we do!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 24th Aug 13, 2:53 PM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    Sorry for the quickie, but if you go to post 32 on this thread, you'll see my comments, Dx

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4730763&page=2
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • ashilda
    Thanks Daisy, I have written another letter in response, this one is short and sharp so hopefully I will know soon whether they plan on actually initiated court or not, cannot wait until this is over!

Sorry coupon mad, I didnt word my question exactly right, believe me I browsed through this site and pepipoo to try and get my question answered but didnt find anything relating, lots of info on how to reply but I wanted to know IF I should reply or not only for which would favour me in court...didnt know if bestto ignore and wait for court proceedings to arrive or if a reply would show in court I am making efforts that they havent..anyway, still not worded it great have I?! lol
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Aug 13, 6:25 PM
    • 73,739 Posts
    • 85,880 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Better to keep responding and complaining (as you will have noticed in those other threads I linked, complaining has great results).
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ashilda
    UPDATE!

Got PCN for parking in April (paid but machine didnt issue ticket/refund) appealed- failed, appealed POPLA- failed. Meanwhile I took pics of inadequate signage, got local MP involved, emailed & sent copies of letters to land managers, heard nothing back. Called the stores I shopped in, called the security managers, got in touch with local papers, researched on here, pepipoo, parking code, court procedures etc online until my eyes bled, replied to LBA and LBCCC and was awaiting court papers. I decided on a last ditch attempt and Tuesday I called the land managers to have a good old moan at their lack of interest only to be told they didnt manage the land anymore, they gave me new land managers email, I sent him copies of my reply to LBA, LBCCC and photos and he emailed back within minutes to say he would look into it, within 2 days I received an email from him to say charge was cancelled and crucially and apology. I then received the below email from PE....now considering they have never sent me a personal reply only generic payment demands and considering the sharp, 'she did not pay, we will not drop this' letter they sent to my MP I am guessing they have had a telling off! 5months of stress and bloody hardwork, many sleepless nights and plenty of worry when I had dont nothing wrong is almost worth it, I have cost them 27 popla fee and they have hopefully had their wrists slapped. ANY NEWBIE, PLEASE FIND AND CONTACT LAND MANAGERS AS PRIORITY! If only I had found this guy first I might have saved myself a lot of hassle. I live and learn, have not parked their since and most likely wont again, so many of us are voting with our feet these cowboys will surely be sent packing in time. Thankyou all for your help, especially custardpie & lazydaisy

Good Morning,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to parking charge xxxx/xxxx

We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled there is no outstanding payment due on this account, a letter was also sent in the post on the 29 August 2013 to confirm this.

Kind Regards,

ParkingEye Enforcement Team
    Last edited by ashilda; 30-08-2013 at 2:48 PM.
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 30th Aug 13, 12:38 PM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    WELL DONE!!!!

I am sure you will go on Coupon-mad's 'hall of fame' when she sees this!

Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Aug 13, 1:04 AM
    • 73,739 Posts
    • 85,880 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done, yet again a fake PCN cancelled at the eleventh hour after a good assertive complaint to the right person!

Just added to all the other successful complaints posted here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62837690

• emzy789
    How do you go about finding who owns the land at the site where PE have sent me a PC???
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 12th Mar 14, 8:35 AM
    • 7,917 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    Can you please start your own thread
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 14, 9:27 AM
    • 13,547 Posts
    • 13,909 Thanks
    The Deep
    OP, congratulations on your success, but why not twist the knife and complain to your Local Trading Standards Officer. Do not bother with CAB or Consumer Direct, both are useless.
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 12th Mar 14, 9:51 AM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    Might help if you actually looked at dates ... this is an old thread that has been hijacked.

emzy789's own thread is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4919423
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 14, 10:12 AM
    • 13,547 Posts
    • 13,909 Thanks
    The Deep
    Thank you, but I was aware of the date. My advice still stands, always involve TS where consumer rights have been compromised.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,780Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Follow Martin