Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sabrefitz
    Tesco ticket-disabled father
    • 23rd Jun 13, 10:25 PM
    Tesco ticket-disabled father 23rd Jun 13 at 10:25 PM
    My 88yr old father parked in Tesco's car park today in his specially adapted disabled vehicle, which carries a wheel chair in the back with the disabled person sat in it - so it is clearly a disabled persons vehicle.

He parked in a disabled spot and forgot to put his disabled badge in the windscreen.

You guessed it when he came back there was a parking ticket on his windscreen from a PPC asking for 60 fine within 28 days then it goes up to 100!

Well he is 88yrs old and is panicking like mad..what should he do ignore it, appeal, pay or what?

From what I can gather writing to the PPC is a waste of time as they are only money grabbing.

Whats this Protections of Freedoms Act 12? does that mean that if he ignores any correspondence from them as to who left the vehicle there they can just claim of the registered owner (my dad)?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,307Posts Today

6,828Users online

Martin's Twitter