Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 4th Jun 11, 11:19 AM
    • 9,343Posts
    • 17,889Thanks
    zippychick
    • 4th Jun 11, 11:19 AM
    4th Jun 11 at 11:19 AM
    If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the eighth Grocery Challenge of 2013

If your new month starts early feel free to join this thread, or if you're still working on your July budget, then keep on posting in the:
    July 2013 Grocery Challenge

As always this challenge is to reduce your own grocery budget to levels that you will be pleased with, not forgetting that we always recommend that you stay inside your own comfort levels and take things gently one step at a time. Remember that this is not a competition....it's designed to take you and your grocery spending to a level you are happy with.

If you are new to the challenge I have quoted the advice from Galtizz below which will help you get started.

Please post into this thread for help and advice and support at any time. Good luck to everyone taking part!

I have said this before, but for all the newbies to the challenge;

For the first month I took a guess at the budget but I really had no idea how much I was spending.

I found the best thing is to have a guess the first month but SAVE ALL OF YOUR RECEIPTS (and yes, that does include the ones from the local shop when you run out of milk ), then at the end of the month add them all up and have a look if you were on budget, if not, it doesn't matter because your budget was a guess. For the next month you can use the total of your receipts and take a bit off to get a realistic budget, just shave off as much as you think you can, it could be £1 a week or £20 a week.

If you are currently spending £200 a month don't suddenly drop it to £100 - you'll never do it but if you cut £20 a month off for a few months you'll get there eventually without feeling you're missing out on anything.

You might think you've done everything you can in the first month but someone always comes up with a new idea and, if you try it you often find you save a bit more (unless you are SarahSaver who is an expert at this and could only save more if she turned her back garden into a paddy field and lived on rice ) In the first month I thought, I'm planning meals, I couldn't possibly save any more, but then I started double cooking and freezing, and making soup instead of buying it in tins.

I've been doing this since Feb but only saved ALL of my receipts last month, it has given me a much better idea of where it is all going. Budget for next month is £80 for 2 of us, I'll start on 30/4. I could probably save more, by eating different foods but I can afford to live on £80, I have saved a lot of money since Feb. and I don't waste food or money any more. So I'm happy with my budget.
    By request, here is Spiggles wonderful helpful post

We all have different budgets that suit our households. The most important thing to remember is that you set yours according to your needs and finances. It can take time to get to where you want to be too so don't knock yourself out if you go over in the first few months. We are here to support each other and it is not a competition.

I thought it might help to outline where we've come from and the top tips I've learned.

When we started in March 2010 we had spent in excess of £600 in the previous month. This had to stop, (there's only me and him and our two beautiful black cats) something which thankfully my OH completely agreed with so I have been lucky that he has been on board from the start. He gave me his debit card voluntarily and I still keep hold of it until he needs to get something for the home. At the same time we set up a system of pocket money (pm) at £15 each per week which doesn't count towards the GC and which we can each spend as we wish with no comebacks or complaints. OH predominantly uses his pm on his beer and I ferret mine away mostly.

The next step was to set up my own spreadsheet which is absolutely simple onto which I put all spends so that I have a continuous running total for the month and for the year. We initially set our budget at £280 per month and brought it down to £240 where it resides for most of the year it is occasionally increased to allow for extras e.g. Christmas to £260.

The important 'tools' we found greatly helped and continue to do so now are:

Stocktake cupboards, fridge, freezer - make lists and ensure that the older products get used up first. You'll be amazed at what you find squirrelled away and it will help with your shopping list as you'll realise that you don't actually need so much.

Before you go shopping check staples - running out of milk, bread, butter, etc often leads to going into a shop for one thing and coming out £20 lighter. Always check these and if they'll run out tomorrow buy them the same time as getting other things.

Always make a shopping list and stick to it - the supermarkets (sm) try every which way to get us to spend so having a list and strong resolve is the only way to beat them.

Keep every receipt - and then note it down on your spreadsheet/spend diary so that you always know where you are.

When tempted, ask yourself do you NEED it or just WANT it - now this advice goes with two things. Firstly, the things you see in store when shopping that APPEAR to be bargains - if you hadn't planned spending the money then its not a bargain. Secondly, the sm send us loads of vouchers for £X off a spend of £XX - if you had no NEED to spend £XX then have you SAVED anything???

Use my supermarket to compare prices (limited to four of the biggies) - The site may be used to actually do an online shop at whichever of the big four offers the best value or, if you have the time and sm availability, to make up lists for visiting each of the stores so that you can purchase all you need at different stores thus getting the best possible value. (I'd add, do a 'shop' virtually on this site and take the list you create on it with you, whichever one you shop at, it will help keep target prices in your head and allow you to spot bargains. MrM is not included but you can do a virtual list on their website so you know what you're going to be spending.)

Always have a list - this is just as important when shopping online as shopping on foot.

Use Approved Foods online (with a list!) - if you don't mind out of date things (ood) or you can search for only in date items. The only drawback is storing the goods as far as I can tell. Oh, and watch the delivery as it's done on a scaled charge for weight so keep an eye on it. You can of course do an AF order with friends, family, colleagues or like minded neighbours. Other GCers use Big Br*nds 4 Less too.

Invest in a breadmaker - we have saved so much by making our own bread. The prices in the shops are extortionate for bread these days. There's loads of advice on this thread and others in the forum on this.

Use the recipe lists - always posted at the front of a new thread. There are fantastic, tasty, healthy and economical recipes to use on them and there are a number of other threads on the forum such as Weezl's that will help you to eat well on a budget.

Shop locally - the local greengrocer (or preferably market but I don't have one ) is usually cheaper as an option for fruit and veg (f&v) than the sm. Often the prices may look the same but when you look at the quantity for the same price the greengrocer will be cheaper. The same goes for the local butcher. Often you will have far more variety of meat available, advice on how to cook a particular meat can be offered and there is (for me at least) no comparison in terms of quality. We buy our huge FR eggs there and I'm yet to find an equivalent FR egg in a sm at the same or lower price. Obvioulsy if you have your own chicks/know someone who has chicks you can get them even cheaper again.

Grow your own - it's quite simple to grow some f&v at home even if it's only in pots on the patio. There are also supportive threads on the forum for this.

Cook your own - making meals at home from ingredients is far more economical, often tastes better than shop bought and is probably far better healthwise.

Meal Plan - this is something that others can advise on as we don't do it. I have a tremendous capacity for eating the same food over many days but presented in slightly different form. For example, we could buy £7 worth of brisket from the butchers and eat it as pot roast for a couple of days, sliced for sarnies, sliced with a salad, chucked into a casserole or shredded up and fried as crispy beef.

Don't waste food - either only make what you need or use any leftovers for other meals/creations or freeze it for another day.

Withdraw the cash you want to spend - and keep it in a separate purse. This can be particularly effective as you have the money in front of you reducing rather than spending with plastic which is so easy to lose track of. Very useful when you first start out.

Don't go to the shops to browse - this can only lead to pain and hardship!!!

Keep posting and reading the thread - there really is no better supportive, wise and inspirational place to be! I think I saw that somebody mentioned forgetting to read/post. I get around this by using the Advanced button to post, below the window where your text is displayed you will see Additional Options. In the Thread Subscription box use the dropdown to select either instant email notification (this is what I use) or daily email notification before you submit your latest post. Then you will get an email into your inbox from which you can click to the thread to see what others are saying.

Always remember the sm is not your friend - it wants to profit from you and take as much of your money as it can coerce out of you!

So, there you go as a starting point. Others on here will offer tremendous advice on meal planning. And don't forget, the only silly question is the one you didn't ask!

See you all later,
    Spigs
    For quidelines on posting in this thread please read the second post in this thread.

For the Grocery challenge Recipe Index please see posts #3, #4, #5 #6 #7 #8 & #9 on this thread (the list is growing!!!!!)

For everyones totals, see post #10 on this thread

I hope everyone has a great month!

Zip
    Last edited by zippychick; 20-08-2013 at 1:27 PM.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Page 22
    • Nicki_Sue
    • By Nicki_Sue 6th Aug 13, 7:06 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 7,405 Thanks
    Nicki_Sue
    Do any of you make your own bread? I wouldn't know where to start but may be getting holding of a voucher to buy one.
    What I really want to know before I buy one is:
    Did you find it a good idea cost-wise?
    What would I need ingredients-wise?

I don't want to use the voucher on this if it is going to cost me more in the long run.
    11 YEARS ON MSE!

JANUARY £10 A DAY: £0/£310
    • K9sandFelines
    • By K9sandFelines 6th Aug 13, 7:22 PM
    • 2,113 Posts
    • 18,219 Thanks
    K9sandFelines
    Forgot to add i also spent £1.00 i think on YS grapes in C*-*p. it was completely empty today with the new Mr M opening. So think there will be lots more YS goodies now, unless they cotton on that they need to start catering their orders to a drop in customers.
    Originally posted by K9sandFelines
    I was right, lots more YS goodies today incl double punnet of strawberries, nectarines, iceberg lettuce, actimel eight pack and small treat ... Total £5.30

More bargains in BM incl 39p popcorn for weekend, Monsters Inc cake toppers, 10p Annabel Karmel raisins ( DD had ran out but she didn't like these ...grrrr), close to date Me to you choc bears 100g for 50p. My best non-grocery bargain were 50p each for ceramic cat bowls, which i have previously been paying £2.00 odd for from Zooplus, which were still cheaper than from there at full-price for £1.49. Total of groceries here was £11.95

Then a couple of things i forgot yesterday in Mr M (much more room to breathe today in there, and catch aisles and products missed yesterday). Unfortunately i forgot milk, so back out once Eastenders has finished (i paused it so it's ran over). I don't want bread for breakfast and dinner, and i like my sandwiches, so that will hopefully be another £1 to total.So £6.11 (will adjust if any more than that).

Hoping for a NSD the next few days, and packed lunches over the park if the weather is nice; as want to do a bigger shop end of week to use a voucher, and if i keep having small shops then i'll never manage it.

Over and out now, off to update sig.
    GC 2017 £3,434.09 GC 2018 £2,250.95 GC 2019 Jan £268.24/£200 Feb £158.01/200 Mar £220.05/£200 April (moving) May (adjusting £270.73), Jun £200.99/£280
    ~ Still learning the art of frugality ~
  • Mrs-s
    NSD today tomorrow mr T shop will be arriving, I used a £20 off voucher on that shop so I'm feeling good about that!
    January Grocery challenge - £165.31/£350
    • lizziebabe
    • By lizziebabe 6th Aug 13, 7:28 PM
    • 1,090 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    lizziebabe
    Ok so I had my Waitrose delivery this evening. I felt so sorry for the poor driver. We live up a very steep drive and he didn't realise that he could have driven the van up He was a little hot and bothered as he had to make 2 trips.

Only one substitution which was fine, just another flavoured yoghurt of the same make. They didn't have the spinach. And RESULT - they made a mistake and duplicated 2 of the meats I had in the 3 for £10 range. So I got an extra pack of beef lean mince and sweet chilli & lime stir fry steak.

I did phone up and they said it was fine and their mistake, so into the freezer it has gone.

I have decided that it is probably best to use the signature page to keep a tally of my spending. Will try to read through the thread but it is very long.
    • scotdebs
    • By scotdebs 6th Aug 13, 7:29 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 3,123 Thanks
    scotdebs
    So 2 NSDs for me which means grocery spend total not changed - starting to need some fresh bits if we can hang on til Friday plan is to head to Aldi - have dabbled with this store in the past. Sometimes found it great other times really frustrating ..... Time to make more of an effort me thinks
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
    • NickJW
    • By NickJW 6th Aug 13, 8:16 PM
    • 678 Posts
    • 13,646 Thanks
    NickJW
    Evening all!

Have some spends to report:

Yesterday: £1.65 in Mr T
    Yesterday: £6 in Mr W
    Today: 75p in Mr S
    Today: 39p in Co$tcutter

Housemate has instead spent his money in Borough Market (not my budget though)

Will update signature shortly.

Meal plan for this week will be/has been:

Monday (Housemate cooked): Pork pie with salad and parmentier potatoes (I know - not 'within' diet, but that's what happens when you're in Borough market on a Saturday as they are reducing their lovely food - pie cost just £2 )
    Tuesday (Housemate is cooking): Wild mushroom orzo (again - Borough market were reducing - pack cost 50p instead of around £4)
    Wednesday (I'll cook): HM BBQ Chicken with salad (might also get potatoes but unsure yet)
    Thursday (Housemate will cook): Chicken stir fry with Udon Noodles in rice wine/garlic/soy/chilli/sesame oil sauce
    Friday (I'll cook): Cajun chicken with roasted tomato and onions served with couscous
    Saturday (I'll cook): Have been craving it for a while, so some sort of curry!
    Sunday (shared meal): Want to save money at the start of the month so will be hopefully staying in!

Take care all
    Grocery Challenge 14 Jan 14 £46.05/£130

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51

DFD 1st March 2011
    • chocolatebum
    • By chocolatebum 6th Aug 13, 9:16 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 2,207 Thanks
    chocolatebum
    trip to m's today to top up milk/bread/juice etc that will last us until shopping on friday. desperate for my kids to go back to school next week they wont' stop eating lol spent £25.53
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 - £21,740.10
    31/01/2019 - £21,339.60 (1.84% PD)
    28/02/2019 - £21,398.62 (1.57% PD)
    31/03/2019 - £20,961.72 (3.58% PD)
    30/04/2019 - £20,616.12 (5.17% PD)
    31/05/2019 - £20,058.18 (7.74% PD)
    DFD OCT 2022 JUN 2022

Declutter challenge 2019 in 2019: 110/2019
    PDBXmas19 #49 1681.92/6740
    1debtvs100days #8 9.11/414.42
    Old Style weight loss challenge 7/14lbs
    • Florenceem
    • By Florenceem 6th Aug 13, 9:20 PM
    • 3,984 Posts
    • 52,562 Thanks
    Florenceem
    Do any of you make your own bread? I wouldn't know where to start but may be getting holding of a voucher to buy one.

I don't want to use the voucher on this if it is going to cost me more in the long run.
    Originally posted by Nicki_Sue
    I have a basic Arg.. bread maker - does the job. I have heard that Panasonic are the best bread makers to buy.
    I use Lid. bread flour + add seeds when I make a loaf. I think home made bread is far superior in taste to shop bought. Flour has gone up in price but still best to make your own - know what is in it.
    15 in 2015 1/15
    • Nicki_Sue
    • By Nicki_Sue 6th Aug 13, 9:30 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 7,405 Thanks
    Nicki_Sue
    I have a basic Arg.. bread maker - does the job. I have heard that Panasonic are the best bread makers to buy.
    I use Lid. bread flour + add seeds when I make a loaf. I think home made bread is far superior in taste to shop bought. Flour has gone up in price but still best to make your own - know what is in it.
    Originally posted by Florenceem
    Thanks! I don't eat bread but DH and the boys wolf it down so it might be worthwhile!
    11 YEARS ON MSE!

• Bluegreen143
    • By Bluegreen143 6th Aug 13, 9:59 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 12,692 Thanks
    Bluegreen143
    Nicki-Sue - have to admit while I do have a breadmaker it rarely gets used. In fact I've not used it once since starting the GC a year ago. BUT I make my own bread/rolls every week and never buy now - I just very much prefer the taste/texture of hand baked bread and even like the process of kneading etc. So you could always try that it you don't want to buy a bread maker

Spending up to £74.74 / £175 now after shopping at the weekend, (plus I spent 27p on a tin of kidney beans yesterday).

Meal plan as follows:

Sun 4 – roast duck, creamy mash, green beans and roasted carrot & sweet potato

Mon 5 – veggie fajitas with homemade wraps

Tues 6 – chorizo and sundried tomato risotto with salad

Wed 7 – spaghetti bolognaise with salad [sauce in freezer]

Thur 8 – veggie chilli with rice [chilli in freezer]

Fri 9 – turkey burger for Dave, beanburger for me, with salad, chips & coleslaw [homemade burgers & buns from freezer]

Sat 10 – butter bean, onion & cheddar bake with salad [soaked and cooked beans in freezer]

Duck from Sunday:

Risotto from today:

Married 1 March 2014 DS born 06/12/15

Debts
    CC - £2,182.17/£2,182.17
    Family loan 1 - £1,680/£1,680
    Family loan 2 - £3,500/£5,000
    • CountingPennies
    • By CountingPennies 6th Aug 13, 10:17 PM
    • 1,882 Posts
    • 15,036 Thanks
    CountingPennies
    Had a couple of NSD's so i'm feeling happy with myself, however had to pop to shops today as i had no juice left at all and needed some bits and bobs as believe me, my cupboards and fridge freezer are VERY bare. In fact my freezer has about 6 things in now Talk about running stock right down. But i really don't want to do a big shop until i return from my holidays (go away Saturday).

Anyway, today i spent:

Aldi: £4.59 on 2 large bottles of squash and a 30 pack of crisps

Iceland: £7.00 on milk, pepsi, ice pops, 2 loafs and some fish cakes and chicken nuggets

Tesco: £3.78 on milk (only 1 left in Iceland) and *ahem* female products and paracetemol. Yep, i include this is my budget, just the same as i include toiletries which i've also nearly run out of!

Trying to keep away from the shops now till Thursday or Friday when I will be buying some stuff for the journey (refuse to pay service station prices). However tomorrow i will be shopping online to get my shopping delivered on holiday. Saves lots of space in the car this way, apart from a few bits and bobs i'll be taking.

So a total of £15.37p to add to my total. But i now have just enough in to see us through the week. I don't have any biscuits or cake in for the kids but i plan on baking tomorrow as i have plenty flour, eggs and marg in!

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
    • getting-sorted-sarah
    • By getting-sorted-sarah 6th Aug 13, 10:30 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 3,756 Thanks
    getting-sorted-sarah

Originally posted by Nicki_Sue
    Had a bread maker - chucked it out, complete waste of time and money! Bread is easy and quick to make, and cheap, if you have a few minutes to dedicate to it. Can post EASY recipes if you like!
    • Nicki_Sue
    • By Nicki_Sue 6th Aug 13, 10:40 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 7,405 Thanks
    Nicki_Sue
    Had a bread maker - chucked it out, complete waste of time and money! Bread is easy and quick to make, and cheap, if you have a few minutes to dedicate to it. Can post EASY recipes if you like!
    Originally posted by getting-sorted-sarah
    Do and I'll give it a go. Time is an issue (really, I work insane hours around the kids) but would prefer handmade. I hate baking (love cooking bizarrely) but will definitely give it a go.
    Thanks, much appreciated.
    11 YEARS ON MSE!

• suzybloo
    • By suzybloo 7th Aug 13, 6:22 AM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 8,715 Thanks
    suzybloo
    Have to add another £5.10 to my total, had to pop to the shop for fruit, yogurt and dgs got a wee treat too. Gave in and bought a can of diet coke yesterday, I am trying to stop drinking it altogether, only bread to buy today,

Will update my signature
    Every days a School day!
    • mumoftwo
    • By mumoftwo 7th Aug 13, 7:38 AM
    • 1,907 Posts
    • 11,491 Thanks
    mumoftwo
    Make sure you menu plan while they are all home! I cook a few different dishes at a time so that we can choose and have time to do other things. It is always the lack of menu planning that has let me down in the past. I am going to put my spare food in my "other" fridge and put the lock on it as otherwise people just mindlessly grab stuff they shouldn't and don't follow the menu! That reminds me-I MUST do that, NOW!
    Originally posted by angelatgraceland
    That is exactly what I did! Made a 7 day menu plan and wrote down the ingredients on a shopping list and extras for breakfasts, lunches etc. Didn't buy anything other than what was on my list. I am hoping that there will some stuff left to carry over into next week. I definately feel more in control but I need to reign in the spending.

DD had fantastic exam results yesterday so she wanted a chinese take away to celebrate, so another £18.30 to add to my total, since it was a meal, I am going to include it into my food budget for this month, but that does mean the meal I had planned will carry on for next week.

quick question: I bought 2 packs of little new potatoes on YS, the bbd was yesterday, but being potatoes, look absolutely fine, I don't want them to go green. Can I roast them or even steam them and then freeze them? Or would they go funny?
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 7th Aug 13, 8:01 AM
    • 15,518 Posts
    • 198,189 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    i use my bread maker every week for making a pizza base for saturdays pizzas. should really make more bread, when i did everyone said they much prefered the taste to shop bought.

salad new pots and veggie sausages for tea last night

need to bake a couple of weetabix cakes tomorrow and a couple of traybake cakes
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 7th Aug 13, 8:03 AM
    • 6,302 Posts
    • 46,318 Thanks
    joedenise
    Personally I don't like cooking and freezing potatoes but I know others do this. The texture just seems wrong to me.

The best way to stop potatoes going green is to keep them in the dark. I have a potato bag which is just a black lined cotton bag with a drawstring top and a zip in the side to get potatoes out from the bottom so you use the oldest ones first.

Denise
    • Bluegreen143
    • By Bluegreen143 7th Aug 13, 8:34 AM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 12,692 Thanks
    Bluegreen143
    Nicki_Sue - try this recipe for soft bread rolls - they are literally amazing, I make them every week now and could just eat all of them up at once if I didn't freeze them to make OH's sandwiches during the week. Until I found this recipe he insisted on shop bought rolls:

Soft bread rolls (makes 6)
    • 200g strong brown flour
    • 250g strong white flour
    • 2 tsp easy blend yeast
    • 3 tsp sugar
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 100ml milk
    • Around 2-300ml warm water
    Weigh the flours in a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast, sugar and salt and mix in.
    Pour in the milk and mix with a wooden spoon, then start pouring in the warm water. Use the spoon to start with then change to your hands. When the dough mostly sticks in a ball (without being wet or sticky), tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for ten minutes.

Pop into a clean bowl and cover. Leave to rise, preferably in a warm spot, until doubled in size – usually 1-2 hours.

When the dough has doubled in size, remove from the bowl and gently knock out the excess air. Cut into six equal pieces and pull the top round and over each piece to make a ball with a smooth, stretched over top and a bunched up bottom. Flatten slightly and leave slightly spaced out on a baking tray. Leave to rest, covered, for 30-60 minutes, when doubled in size again (don't leave to rise too long the second time, best to set a timer or something so as not to forget about it).

Preheat the oven to 220C. Pour a little water into a baking dish and put this in the bottom of the oven. Put the rolls in above the water and bake for 15-20 minutes until the rolls are golden and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.

(Sometimes I brush with a little milk and top with sesame seeds before baking to make burger buns).
    Last edited by Bluegreen143; 07-08-2013 at 8:42 AM.

Debts
    CC - £2,182.17/£2,182.17
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 7th Aug 13, 8:37 AM
    • 15,518 Posts
    • 198,189 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    they look fab bluegreen!
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    • Bluegreen143
    • By Bluegreen143 7th Aug 13, 8:41 AM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 12,692 Thanks
    Bluegreen143
    Thanks mrs-moneypenny - they are good! Since I've started making bread every week it's really improved as I learn from previous mistakes e.g. kneading for 10 minutes is vital and also leaving to rise too long the second time makes it collapse a bit in the oven. The two main mistakes I used to make a lot!

Debts
    CC - £2,182.17/£2,182.17
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,517Users online

Martin's Twitter