Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucylou
    • By lucylou 17th Jun 05, 1:14 PM
    • 1,023Posts
    • 2,813Thanks
    lucylou
    Banana and Strawberries :any ideas for a cake?
    • 17th Jun 05, 1:14 PM
    Banana and Strawberries :any ideas for a cake? 17th Jun 05 at 1:14 PM
    Help please I've got three ripe bananas and a punnet of strawberries and have to use them asap.Any ideas for a cake?the only idea that comes to my mind is a tart filled with cream and topped with fruit......
    Last edited by lucylou; 17-06-2005 at 1:49 PM.
    half scottish half italian :100%moneysaver
Page 1
  • Galtizz
    • 17th Jun 05, 1:27 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 1:27 PM
    Banana cake (I'm sure there's a recipe on the index somewhere) sliced in 1/2 filled with fresh cream (recipe in the index) and sliced strawberries??

Never tried it, but it sounds nice
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt
  • fairenoughclough
    • 17th Jun 05, 2:04 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 2:04 PM
    How about a trifle ?

starting from the bottom layer.Strawberry jelly with fresh strawberries and small pieces of madeira cake set into it, ( add Brandy to taste).

Banana custard.

Cream with a few quartered strawberries and grated CDM for decoration.

Just for one moment, thought I'd found my way.
    • ringley
    • By ringley 17th Jun 05, 2:06 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    ringley
    • 17th Jun 05, 2:06 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 2:06 PM
    A classic vanilla sponge with strawberries and a bannoffee cream sauce in the middle?
    • Yoga Girl
    • By Yoga Girl 17th Jun 05, 7:18 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Yoga Girl
    • 17th Jun 05, 7:18 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 7:18 PM
    How about banana and strawberry ice-cream?

Peel the bananas, wrap in cling-film then pop them in the freezer. When frozen remove cling-film and put them in a food processor/blender, add some milk and whiz until you get a thick ice-cream. Add strawberries and any other bits & bobs - nuts, frozen berries etc - if you want. Use your judgement as to how much milk to add, to get it to the consistency you like.

My children love making this, we always keep a few bananas in the freezer.

(Just re-read that last line and I think it makes me sound a bit odd!)

• Mado
    • By Mado 17th Jun 05, 8:13 PM
    • 20,484 Posts
    • 42,143 Thanks
    Mado
    • 17th Jun 05, 8:13 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 8:13 PM
    Banana cake (I'm sure there's a recipe on the index somewhere) sliced in 1/2 filled with fresh cream (recipe in the index) and sliced strawberries??

Never tried it, but it sounds nice
    by Galtizz
    Yep I posted a banana cake recipe recently.(the easy peasy can't miss, use only 1 bowl cake)
    Would be yummy served warm with a couple of straweberries and a dollop of ice cream.
    Other suggestions sound yummy too!!
    I lost my job as a cricket commentator for saying “I don’t want to bore you with the details”.Milton Jones
    • Mado
    • By Mado 17th Jun 05, 8:14 PM
    • 20,484 Posts
    • 42,143 Thanks
    Mado
    • 17th Jun 05, 8:14 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 8:14 PM
    Forgot...
    A couple of days ago I made strawberries coulis as they were getting a tad limit:
    wash your straws, drizzle lemon juice and a bit of sugar and process together.
    use on the banana cake, with plain yougurth or ice cream. Also freezes very well!!
    I lost my job as a cricket commentator for saying “I don’t want to bore you with the details”.Milton Jones
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 17th Jun 05, 8:31 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 17th Jun 05, 8:31 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 8:31 PM
    Yep I posted a banana cake recipe recently.(the easy peasy can't miss, use only 1 bowl cake)
    Would be yummy served warm with a couple of straweberries and a dollop of ice cream.
    Other suggestions sound yummy too!!
    by Mado
    Yes pet, but WHERE did you post it?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
    • Mado
    • By Mado 17th Jun 05, 9:31 PM
    • 20,484 Posts
    • 42,143 Thanks
    Mado
    • 17th Jun 05, 9:31 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 9:31 PM
    Yes pet, but WHERE did you post it?
    by squeaky
    On the recipe board thread squeaky...

You are hurting my feelings squeaky ... I thought you had already put it away in the recipe index...
    • lucylou
    • By lucylou 17th Jun 05, 9:35 PM
    • 1,023 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    lucylou
    thanks for all your suggestions.As I didn't have much time I decided to make strawberry and banana muffins which I will try tomorrow.They smell lovely.
    I will definitely try all your recipes as they sound really lovely(and I bet they taste lovely as well)
    half scottish half italian :100%moneysaver
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,437Users online

Martin's Twitter