Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 5th Jun 13, 5:09 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Easyjet takes action over 'misleading' eDreams flight prices
    • 5th Jun 13, 5:09 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Easyjet takes action over 'misleading' eDreams flight prices 5th Jun 13 at 5:09 PM
    "eDreams has been reported to regulators by budget airline Easyjet, which says it's overcharging consumers..."

Read the full story:

Easyjet takes action over 'misleading' eDreams flight prices

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
  • Jadorejesu
    • 5th Jun 13, 5:35 PM
    • 5th Jun 13, 5:35 PM
    eDreams are a pure scam website - the amount of complaints you can find online is insane. I booked with them, they took my money and never booked my flights - thankfully I got my money back through PayPal.
    I'm glad a big company is making a fuss, as I know many people have reported them to various authorities, yet they're still trading and taking people's money for nothing.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 6th Jun 13, 9:47 AM
    • 3,219 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 6th Jun 13, 9:47 AM
    • 6th Jun 13, 9:47 AM
    E Dreams in based in Barcelona, they provide no financial protection and according to the CAA in the UK, they are powerless to intervene. It seems they have the perfect model, sell outside your home territory, so that no one complains to local enforcers, and ignore the issues when people complain. Always make sure you know who you are dealing with, it really is a case of "buyer beware"+
    • NFH
    • By NFH 6th Jun 13, 11:39 AM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,415 Thanks
    NFH
    • 6th Jun 13, 11:39 AM
    • 6th Jun 13, 11:39 AM
    Why doesn't Easyjet simply block IP addresses known to be used by eDreams?
  • _Andy_
    • 6th Jun 13, 12:22 PM
    • 6th Jun 13, 12:22 PM
    Why doesn't Easyjet simply block IP addresses known to be used by eDreams?
    Originally posted by NFH
    Guess they could easily get round that using proxies
    • NFH
    • By NFH 6th Jun 13, 12:34 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,415 Thanks
    NFH
    • 6th Jun 13, 12:34 PM
    • 6th Jun 13, 12:34 PM
    Guess they could easily get round that using proxies
    Originally posted by _Andy_
    Then they can similarly block the proxies.
  • _Andy_
    • 6th Jun 13, 1:08 PM
    • 6th Jun 13, 1:08 PM
    Then they can similarly block the proxies.
    Originally posted by NFH
    Yep then they get more!
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 6th Jun 13, 2:08 PM
    • 3,933 Posts
    • 2,445 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 6th Jun 13, 2:08 PM
    • 6th Jun 13, 2:08 PM
    Besides, I don't know that easyJet necessarily wants to block eDreams from selling their flights, they just want them to be upfront about prices since easyJet has to be.
    • lilian1977
    • By lilian1977 26th Jun 13, 2:57 PM
    • 4,656 Posts
    • 18,375 Thanks
    lilian1977
    • 26th Jun 13, 2:57 PM
    • 26th Jun 13, 2:57 PM
    My Dad has fallen for this website - however if he logs in to the Easyjet website his booking is there (albeit through a completely random email address). Can he be secure in the knowledge that his flights are booked?

My debt free diary
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    • budgetflyer
    • By budgetflyer 26th Jun 13, 4:50 PM
    • 5,802 Posts
    • 3,726 Thanks
    budgetflyer
    Yes. Just that any changes to flight times etc, he isnt going to know about.
    So he will need to keep logging in every so often to check.
  • mcfisco
    My Dad has fallen for this website - however if he logs in to the Easyjet website his booking is there (albeit through a completely random email address). Can he be secure in the knowledge that his flights are booked?
    Originally posted by lilian1977
    Can't he change the email address to suit his?
    I'm guessing that if he can logon, he has permissions to change the details?

I don't use EJ myself so not sure
    I have long known that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.
    • lilian1977
    • By lilian1977 27th Jun 13, 3:45 AM
    • 4,656 Posts
    • 18,375 Thanks
    lilian1977
    Thank both. I'll get him to try changing the details and if he can't, make sure to keep checking x

My debt free diary
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,976Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin