Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 5th Jun 13, 9:36 AM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: Check forgotten Premium Bonds 44m in prizes unclaimed
    • 5th Jun 13, 9:36 AM
    MSE News: Check forgotten Premium Bonds 44m in prizes unclaimed 5th Jun 13 at 9:36 AM
    "Britons are being urged to check their forgotten Premium Bonds as 44 million worth of prizes are still unclaimed..."

Read the full story:

Check forgotten Premium Bonds 44m in prizes unclaimed

Click reply below to discuss. If you havent already, join the forum to reply. If you arent sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Last edited by Former MSE Helen; 05-06-2013 at 9:38 AM.
Page 1
  • Speckydecky
    • 5th Jun 13, 11:46 AM
    Very Old Premium Bonds.
    • 5th Jun 13, 11:46 AM
    Many years ago I was in a syndicate at work before I had my children (my eldest is 32). Each week I paid I think it was 15p and every 4 weeks or so we were given a 5 bond, I have 3.

I got in touch with NS&I a while ago and asked if any of the bonds had won any money over the years (I have never checked them) only to be told I don't own them. I'm guessing the head of the syndicate does as he is the one who went to the post office and brought them.

Technically I own them as I paid for them and I have the paper bonds, how do I get NS&I to see this and to check if any of the bonds have won? The head of the syndicate was near retirement age 30 odd years ago and I have no idea where he lives or if he is still alive.

Any help or advice would be great, as I can't sell them as they are registered to someone else or can't claim any prizes the bonds might have won.
  • Christa1
    • 6th Jun 13, 3:16 PM
    • 6th Jun 13, 3:16 PM
    I'm afraid it looks as though they don't belong to you officially. I too was in ta syndicate at work only in our syndicate whoever was getting the bond that month was given a form to complete by the person running the syndiate who took the form and the money to the post office so it was put into who ever's name was the recipient that month. This was when PB's were 100 each and the bond would then arrive through the post in my name, yours sound a lot older, but think you won't have much chance of getting them transferred in your name. If the person who bought them has died and they are actaully in his name, then they would not be eligible for a payout anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

724Posts Today

5,057Users online

Martin's Twitter