Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 7th May 13, 10:25 AM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow
    • 7th May 13, 10:25 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow 7th May 13 at 10:25 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Flow Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 1
    • JSR
    • By JSR 7th May 13, 1:32 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    JSR
    • 7th May 13, 1:32 PM
    • 7th May 13, 1:32 PM
    I'm in the process of switching my gas to Flow Energy from nPower. I submitted the application online (24/4) and got a confirmation email immediately. Two days later (26/4) I got another email giving a provisional switch date and details of tariff and direct debit. The email did say they would tell the me the exact switch date "very soon" but two weeks later I still don't have that information. I didn't get the 'sorry your leaving' email from nPower until May 3rd (which is only 1 working day ago) so I'm guessing the delay is on nPower's side not Flow's.

Update: 30/5/2013

I got confirmation of my switch date a few days after posting the above.

The transfer went through on May the 24th and I got an email in the early hours to confirm it. The night of the 23rd I emailed in my opening read and asked when the on line service would be available as currently everything has to be done by email or phone. I got a reply the following morning to say that it would be available within a 'few weeks'. So a nice speedy response from customer services.

It looks like they have had a problem with notification times for setting up direct debits. Not sure if it was specific to me or a more general problem. I was originally told that my first direct debit payment would be collected on the transfer date (in the first confirmation email). Later I got an email saying there would be a delay and it would be collected on May 27th or soon after. Finally I got another email saying I hadn't been given sufficient notice and that first collection will now be made on June 24th. Not sure how this fits into their pay in advance system as this delay effectively means I will pay in arrears. That's okay by me but probably does mean I need to watch out for 'corrections'.
    Last edited by JSR; 30-05-2013 at 9:02 PM. Reason: New information.
    • dutchie
    • By dutchie 15th May 13, 2:14 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    dutchie
    • 15th May 13, 2:14 PM
    • 15th May 13, 2:14 PM
    I've also just initiated a switch today to Flow, from Eon. Decided bad feedback for Spark was not worth the risk, so went with Flow instead.

Will report back later how it goes. Got confirmation email immediately.

16/05 Received welcome letter by email. It explains the switching process and estimates the switch will happen on 13/06.

24/05 Received email confirmation that 13/06 will be switching day, and that on that day I should provide meter reading by phone or email. .
    Last edited by dutchie; 28-05-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Update
  • ThriftyLill
    • 17th May 13, 12:45 PM
    Very underwhelmed!
    • 17th May 13, 12:45 PM
    I went through the on-line process to change and my bank account details were not accepted even though correct. I rang and was told someone would call me back - they didn't. I have now been told that my electricity usage is too high for them to supply and they are not able to provide any reason as to why they don't want my business.
    Overall I have probably wasted a couple of hours with them getting no where. Not recommended!
    • lsmt971
    • By lsmt971 21st May 13, 9:38 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lsmt971
    • 21st May 13, 9:38 AM
    • 21st May 13, 9:38 AM
    I went through the on-line process to change and my bank account details were not accepted even though correct. I rang and was told someone would call me back - they didn't. I have now been told that my electricity usage is too high for them to supply and they are not able to provide any reason as to why they don't want my business.
    Overall I have probably wasted a couple of hours with them getting no where. Not recommended!
    Originally posted by ThriftyLill
    Hi, can I ask what your usage is. I know it shouldn't matter but I've been thinking of switching to these for the last week.

Thanks
    • scofra
    • By scofra 29th May 13, 12:28 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    scofra
    • 29th May 13, 12:28 AM
    Switch from EDF to Flow Energy
    • 29th May 13, 12:28 AM
    29/05 Switch initiated via Simply Switch (qualifying for £40 cashback!). Will update on progress.

07/06: Still no confirmation of switch from Flow energy. After 2 emails and 1 phone call to Flow: got email back on 06/06 explaining there are delays on accounts coming from Simply Switch. Had emailed Simply Switch on 05/06 to check on their side: will wait till end of today (48h) and see if I get a response.

14/06: email received from Flow energy with expected switching date 20/07. Seems a bit long...
    Still no response from Simply Switch about delay in passing information (doesn't matter any more, but will have to keep an eye on cashback being processed).

03/07: email confirmation from Flowenergy about switching date (July 20) for Electricity. No date for Gas switch yet.

12/09: Due to an unrelated problem with npower, Gas supply should eventually switch to flow energy on Sept 16.
    From having to deal with flow customer services a few times: they seem good at updating with automatic official letters (re: switch date, D/D instructions etc...). However, not so good at replying to emails on specific problems, or calling back- although they were the ones who suggested calling back...
    Last edited by scofra; 12-09-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Update on switching process
  • silks
    • 30th May 13, 4:49 PM
    Warm Home Discount
    • 30th May 13, 4:49 PM
    Please be aware that Flow Energy are NOT members of the Warm Home Discount yet so if you are on a low income or disabled, please bear this in mind. I wanted to change to Flow but this has put me off as I would have lost around £124.00 from the Warm Home Discount per year.
  • Wywth
    • 30th May 13, 5:22 PM
    • 30th May 13, 5:22 PM
    Please be aware that Flow Energy are NOT members of the Warm Home Discount yet so if you are on a low income or disabled, please bear this in mind. I wanted to change to Flow but this has put me off as I would have lost around £124.00 from the Warm Home Discount per year.
    Originally posted by silks
    You won't find many suppliers outside of the "Big 6" (or those supplying under a Big 6 supply licence) that support the Warm Home Discount scheme.

I think First Utility may do (but I can't see anything on their own website to confirm this) and I believe the other small supplier we cannot mention here may do so ... and that's about it.
  • silks
    • 30th May 13, 5:50 PM
    • 30th May 13, 5:50 PM
    I tried to include a link in my previous post but since I haven't posted enough, it wouldn't let me. I have copied and pasted the current members from the Warm Home website:

Energy suppliers
    The following suppliers are part of the scheme:

Atlantic
    British Gas
    EDF Energy
    E.ON
    Equipower (Ebico)
    Equigas (Ebico)
    First Utility
    Manweb - see ScottishPower
    M&S Energy
    npower
    Sainsbury’s Energy
    Scottish Gas - see British Gas
    Scottish Hydro
    ScottishPower
    Southern Electric
    SSE
    SWALEC
    Utility Warehouse (PDF, 64KB)
  • Wywth
    I tried to include a link in my previous post but since I haven't posted enough, it wouldn't let me. I have copied and pasted the current members from the Warm Home website:

Energy suppliers
    The following suppliers are part of the scheme:

Atlantic
    British Gas
    EDF Energy
    E.ON
    Equipower (Ebico)
    Equigas (Ebico)
    First Utility
    Manweb - see ScottishPower
    M&S Energy
    npower
    Sainsbury’s Energy
    Scottish Gas - see British Gas
    Scottish Hydro
    ScottishPower
    Southern Electric
    SSE
    SWALEC
    Utility Warehouse (PDF, 64KB)
    Originally posted by silks
    Yep, just as I thought ... and posted. The Big 6 and just a couple of minnows.
    Can you find any evidence on the FU website that confirms they support?
    • flagstones
    • By flagstones 5th Jun 13, 1:11 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 5,924 Thanks
    flagstones
    I was thinking about switching to Flow but when I asked them, they said they don't support the Feed in Tariff - we have solar panels.

Would be great to have a bit more info in the comparisons.
  • Wywth
    I was thinking about switching to Flow but when I asked them, they said they don't support the Feed in Tariff - we have solar panels.

Would be great to have a bit more info in the comparisons.
    Originally posted by flagstones
    Can't you keep your FIT tariff whoever that is currently with and take advantage of the low rates Flow are offering for supply?

The two are not really connected. If your current supplier won't carry on with FIT if you move the supply business away, then I'm sure any of the Big 6 will take it on.
  • Engaelic
    We are with Scottish Hydro and pay £105 per month but they inform us this will increase to £133 in June, so we want to get advice on what other Company deals are on offer. We don't have gas in our area.

We wanted to join the MSE Cheap Energy Club but cannot because when we put in our Post Code it doesn't show our address on the list provided. We then went to the Post Office site and it shows our Post Code and address correctly.

We tried to find an email or phone number to contact MSE about the problem but couldn't find one. We are frustrated because MSE Cheap Energy Club seems a great way to get info on tariffs but we can't access it. Can anybody help?
  • Wywth
    We are with Scottish Hydro and pay £105 per month but they inform us this will increase to £133 in June, so we want to get advice on what other Company deals are on offer. We don't have gas in our area.

We wanted to join the MSE Cheap Energy Club but cannot because when we put in our Post Code it doesn't show our address on the list provided. We then went to the Post Office site and it shows our Post Code and address correctly.

We tried to find an email or phone number to contact MSE about the problem but couldn't find one. We are frustrated because MSE Cheap Energy Club seems a great way to get info on tariffs but we can't access it. Can anybody help?
    Originally posted by Engaelic
    Use almost any accredited comparison site.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity

Martin's preferred choice is energyhelpline ... and I like their site too! I know for certain on that particular site that if the postcode is unknown/unrecognised, it gives the option to simply choose the supply region

(I would advise you not to try moneysupermarket.com as that is where the Cheap Energy club pulls its data from, so you'll probably experience the same difficuties)
    • MillicentBystander
    • By MillicentBystander 6th Jun 13, 1:37 PM
    • 3,450 Posts
    • 2,225 Thanks
    MillicentBystander
    UKpower is also another good one. Imo, of course.
  • Wywth
    UKpower is also another good one. Imo, of course.
    Originally posted by MillicentBystander
    Interesting.

That comparison site says an additional charge will apply to Flow customers supplied via an IGT - but not how much it will be.

Can anyone confirm that an additional charge will apply, or better still provide a link to the Flow website where this is explained?
    • Desperate Housewife
    • By Desperate Housewife 16th Jul 13, 8:44 AM
    • 1,766 Posts
    • 6,498 Thanks
    Desperate Housewife
    I have just put all my details into the flow energy website and it came up with a £17 per year saving where it said on the energy club page that I could save £123 per year. I haven't bothered with them.
    Save £12k in 2012 no.49 £10,250/£12,000
    Save £12k in 2013 no.34 £11,800/£12,000
    'How much can you save' thread = £7,050
    Total=£29,100
    Mfi3 no. 88: Balance Jan '06 = £63,000.
    Balance 23.11.09 = £nil.
  • Wywth
    I have just put all my details into the flow energy website and it came up with a £17 per year saving where it said on the energy club page that I could save £123 per year. I haven't bothered with them.
    Originally posted by Desperate Housewife
    Ensure you input your annual anticipated usage in kWh for accurate, consistent results.

You haven't bothered over £123 per year saving? Are you sure you've come to the right forum?
    • bellandbottle
    • By bellandbottle 16th Jul 13, 12:46 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    bellandbottle
    Not impressed by the admin
    I agreed to move to Flow some weeks ago, but the transfer was made more complicated by the breakdown of communications between Simply Switch (watch out for them) and Flow.

Since that was straightened out, I have received several emails saying how difficult it has all been, but "it will all be over soon".

I tried talking to Flow this morning and got through after 9 minutes.

I was not at all impressed with the defensive attitude of the person answering the phone - I just hope the service provision is better than the customer service I received today.

The jury is out for me.
    • stef73
    • By stef73 16th Jul 13, 8:41 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    stef73
    I have switched and it finally switched over. Last month they only collected dd for electric as the gas dd failed. Dont know why they collect seperatly but they do. They are due to collect dd in next few days i will see what happens. If it fails this time and i am not given a reply which i am happy with(last month they didnt know why) im off. I only pay by monthly dd so it builds up in the summer and i dont get a large winter bill. Also there website is still being built this has been like this for 3 months now so you cant log onto your account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

381Posts Today

4,734Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • These scams are nothing to do with bitcoin. They are just scams. My view on bitcoin (though a little old now) a? https://t.co/i6rRIOr5hk

• SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! I have nothing to do with 'Bitcoin trading' or any get rich quick type advert or scheme. Don't t? https://t.co/WjitDxAc26

• Now I've heard it all. Apparently my politics is dictated by who follows me! You couldn't make this up. PS and for? https://t.co/hoPf6Jp34N

• Follow Martin