Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DSmiffy
    • By DSmiffy 10th Jun 05, 4:28 PM
    • 763Posts
    • 659Thanks
    DSmiffy
    Novelty Birthday Cakes...
    • 10th Jun 05, 4:28 PM
    Novelty Birthday Cakes... 10th Jun 05 at 4:28 PM
    My uncle is going to be 70 soon and used to be in the navy. I want to make him a cake in the shape of a navy frigate. Anyone know any sites that I can pinch ideas for the shape and decoration etc.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 10th Jun 05, 5:31 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 10th Jun 05, 5:31 PM
    • 10th Jun 05, 5:31 PM
    Hiya,

If you google uk using "royal navy frigate"+shipname without the HMS bit you're likely to get a few pages up - one of which will hopefully have a picture of any frigate that you know your grandad was on.

After that it's work out a design and start cooking. For that you're on your own
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
  • KTFrugal
    • 10th Jun 05, 7:00 PM
    • 10th Jun 05, 7:00 PM
    With a square cake tin, you can cut the resulting cake into 2 rectangles or 2 triangles, then divide those shapes into smaller triangles. From the pieces, you can jigsaw together a boat shape, which you can stick together with icing.

You can buy black food colouring and add it to a basic icing recipe to get battleship grey.

Write the name of his ship on the side, with gel icing pens.

Best of British...
    • Katgoddess
    • By Katgoddess 10th Jun 05, 7:19 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    Katgoddess
    • 10th Jun 05, 7:19 PM
    • 10th Jun 05, 7:19 PM
    http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&lr=&q=ship+cake&btnG=Search

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,282Posts Today

6,999Users online

Martin's Twitter