Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 8th Mar 13, 4:17 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: PPI mis-selling bill reaches £8.9 billion
    • 8th Mar 13, 4:17 PM
    MSE News: PPI mis-selling bill reaches £8.9 billion 8th Mar 13 at 4:17 PM
    "£439 million was paid out to victims of PPI mis-selling in January, taking the overall total to £8.9 billion..."

Read the full story:

PPI mis-selling bill reaches £8.9 billion

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • jcontest
    • By jcontest 9th Mar 13, 2:10 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 570 Thanks
    jcontest
    • 9th Mar 13, 2:10 PM
    • 9th Mar 13, 2:10 PM
    Wow, No replies.

Ya know, here is the thing that gets me.
    The banks were mis-selling... But now It is the customers who are mis-claiming.

I think this is one of those things that is shameful all around, and the honest people are the ones who once again have nothing to gain.

The Dealers got their high bonus's, the non-dealers go fired for low-targets. The people with little to no care of reading what they were signing now claims that they were lied to and get the money back. The people who took out insurance because they felt they might need it are claiming the money back.

The only upshot is that the people who were mis-sold are possibly getting the money back. The banks could probably tell what staff were doing this and contact customers, but as it is now expecting the banks to refund 100% of all PPI is just wrong, it makes many of those claiming just as bad as the banks!.

And no, I have not claimed back any PPI, I never took it out on anything. And yes, I know people who have claimed it back even with them saying they knew they had it and they wanted it at the time AND they have it on their current products.

We need to move on to the other mis-sold things (Non-Authorised Account "Upgrades") and loans that are not what the customer asked for or required. I doubt that will ever happen.
  • Money-Saving-King
    • 10th Mar 13, 1:13 AM
    • 10th Mar 13, 1:13 AM
    I do wonder why anyone took it out. I remember even when I was younger at 21 I was offered it for a loan. I remember asking what it was for and the call operator told me if I were to loose my job I'd be covered. I worked for a company I could tell wasn't going to go under (this was back in 1994 it's still around today) so the only chance of me loosing my job was if it was my fault which wasn't covered so that was pointless. She said it covers me if I die, I told her if I was dead I wouldn't exactly be bothered. She said I'd be covered if I become terminally ill I told her I was only 21 and wasn't planning to die yet.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

621Posts Today

6,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin