Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Add your feedback on energy supplier iSupply
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier iSupply 28th Jan 13 at 5:58 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

iSupply

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 1
  • levoir
    • 9th Feb 13, 1:13 PM
    Quote Variance
    • 9th Feb 13, 1:13 PM
    The energy club quote showed me significant savings compared to the quote i received from isupply when i was directed to their website (through their quoting process)? any ideas why this may be?
  • Mel40
    • 10th Feb 13, 10:38 PM
    Quote incorrect
    • 10th Feb 13, 10:38 PM
    I also found I was expected to make significant savings, (600) but when going through to Isupply energy website it was more expensive to swap. Very disappointing.
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 11th Feb 13, 7:51 AM
    • 9,979 Posts
    • 2,970 Thanks
    chanz4
    • 11th Feb 13, 7:51 AM
    • 11th Feb 13, 7:51 AM
    More to the point who are they, and whos the actual shipper
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • muttimagpie
    • 11th Feb 13, 11:47 AM
    energy savings
    • 11th Feb 13, 11:47 AM
    OH dear the old adage, 'if it appears too good to be true then it probably is' springs to mind. When I went on the iSupply site to get their quote, instead of their prices saving me almost 1200 pa as suggested by the Cheap Energy Club calculation, the actual cost they quoted was 60 pa more than my current supplier. Are they giving you false info MSE/Cheap Energy Club? Well it was worth a try.
  • Willybolly17
    • 14th May 13, 4:40 PM
    Your quote and their quote quite different
    • 14th May 13, 4:40 PM
    Hi

I used your quote coming to 617 per year (saving 63 per year on my current Co-op Pioneer tariff) and then went to their site and they said it would cost 639.21?

Why is there such a discrepancy on identical usage?
    • macman
    • By macman 14th May 13, 4:44 PM
    • 42,853 Posts
    • 18,092 Thanks
    macman
    • 14th May 13, 4:44 PM
    • 14th May 13, 4:44 PM
    Did you use annual kWh input or monthly DD figures?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
  • Willybolly17
    • 17th May 13, 3:38 PM
    Discrepancy between their and your quote
    • 17th May 13, 3:38 PM
    Sorry for the delay

My figures are based on overall annual usage of 5000kwh and off peak of 1000kwh
    • gladtobegrey
    • By gladtobegrey 3rd Sep 13, 3:51 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    gladtobegrey
    • 3rd Sep 13, 3:51 PM
    No discrepancy here
    • 3rd Sep 13, 3:51 PM
    Well, I've just had a CheapEnergyClub fixed-price tariff quote that included iSupplyEnergy, and also direct from iSupplyEnergy's website, and they were identical*. And the cheapest. Seriously considering swapping to them.

*Based on my annual consumption in kWh.
    • wytco0
    • By wytco0 4th Sep 13, 10:48 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    wytco0
    Well, I've just had a CheapEnergyClub fixed-price tariff quote that included iSupplyEnergy, and also direct from iSupplyEnergy's website, and they were identical*. And the cheapest. Seriously considering swapping to them.

*Based on my annual consumption in kWh.
    Originally posted by gladtobegrey
    Well I have been with them since the beginning of the year and I have no complaints about their prices, however their customer service is diabolical, many queries are simply ignored and those that are answered take forever.

I am having an ongoing battle with them to get statements on my account, they did produce one but they have now removed it so after 9 months of supply I do not have any statements at all.

I have never dealt with a company with such bad customer service as this one. My advice is to stay well clear of them.
  • JianC
    The customer service is awful! I left them 2 months ago and asked for the final bill. They gave me a wrong one with more than 300 over charge. Every time I called them they always say they are looking at the issue and it will be resolved next week. It has been 2 months and it has still not been sorted!

By the way when you try to call them, 9 out of 10 times no one pick up the call (even after long time waiting).
    • robmar0se
    • By robmar0se 2nd Oct 13, 12:36 AM
    • 1,292 Posts
    • 732 Thanks
    robmar0se
    From Companies House:

37 Commercial Road
    Poole
    Dorset
    BH14 0HU

tel:01202 612161

Always write to them with proof of postage or signed for.....

After 8 weeks you can raise the issue with Offgen
    • SAMFOB
    • By SAMFOB 11th Oct 13, 11:42 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    SAMFOB
    This company is abysmal. They have estimated bills, despite being given regular meter readings. They have changed their unit prices after I signed up to a 1yr fixed rate. They have also ignored all my messages. When you call you sit on hold forever to end up leaving a voice mail that they never return. Getting a statement out of them is like getting blood from a stone. There are even basic maths errors on the one statement I got from them. It's atrocious.
    • Robboseven
    • By Robboseven 23rd Oct 13, 11:33 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Robboseven
    The worst energy supplier I have used - yep, that bad
    I switched to this company in April 2013. Since then, every month, the online account shows they have taken my DD payment then the next month the payment disappears. They have actually never taken a payment out of my bank in six months.

I informed have them via their message system several times and, as others have found, all I get is an automated reply telling me they are dealing with my issue. Next month, same thing happens.

I have also called them numerous times - what an idiotic phone system they have. First they tell you that you are in a queue and you are moving up it to 4th, 3rd, 2nd then first place. Then a voicemail kicks in and ask you to leave a message!! Every time I try it I think "this time somebody might answer the phone" they never do and (of course) they never return the call if you leave a message.

All I want to do is pay them what I owe, you would think they would be pestering me to do that!

The impression I get is they are in way over their heads and can't cope with the volume of calls and emails they are getting. If I lived nearer I would call in person and shout at someone
    My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli.
    He was pulled in by a strong currant.
    • m0bov
    • By m0bov 23rd Oct 13, 12:21 PM
    • 1,404 Posts
    • 973 Thanks
    m0bov
    I found them cheapest, but I've not had a statement since June!
  • darcytt9
    Totally Confused
    Having started the switch process to isupplyenergy with a quote of 699pa i got to the direct debit screen and the monthly amount shown was 71 which will be an over payment of 140+pa so as per screen canceled process which it was stated on screen ALL DETAILS WILL BE DELETED!! I then tried to ring them got to the last place in the telephone waiting line and was told I needed to leave an account number and a short message and they would get back to me ?? I then tried the online customer service and tried to send an e-mail as a new customer NO I now have an isupplyenergy account so the website lies. This is obviously not a good start to a relationship when the website is wrong and you can't get hold of anyone and they want to overcharge you then have the hassle of getting a refund- no I don't think so.
    • serptwerp
    • By serptwerp 26th Nov 13, 1:25 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    serptwerp
    To existing iSE customers.
    I`m switching away from them and have viewed my account a few times recently.
    Currently reads -- Contract Start Date 09 Nov 2012
    Plan Name iFix201311
    Energy Plan Start Date 01 Dec 2012
    Energy Plan End Date 23 Dec 2013
    Previously read
    Energy Plan End Date 12 Dec 2013
    Further into site reveals original contract
    Energy Plan End Date 30 Nov 2013
    Creepy!
    I`ve got my beady eyes on them. Perhaps you should check yours.
    • serptwerp
    • By serptwerp 27th Nov 13, 7:41 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    serptwerp
    With ref.to my above post.
    iSE sent several emails inviting me to renew with their current fixed tariff,also telling me i will be moved onto their Standard Variable Tariff, but did`nt quote rate.It is not shown on their site or, as is common with many suppliers, shown
    on comparison sites,(i may even have stayed for a short period whilst waiting
    to complete gas contract with Npower, subject to no early exit charge) if i
    had this rate info., to which i feel i`m entitled. Of course, i asked iSE via online
    enquiry, but like many other iSE customers find, they did`nt reply.
    • serptwerp
    • By serptwerp 3rd Dec 13, 4:17 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    serptwerp
    Further above posts.
    They have sent SVT price, but have`nt applied it. I appear to remain on
    iFix201311 rate, and they again have extended Energy Plan End Date to 2nd January, 2014. As far as i am concerned, the original EPED (30th Nov `12)
    is valid, not whatever date iSE prefers. Could the 30 Cancellation Fee
    quote `applies until end date above` unquote be the motivation??.
    • jrio
    • By jrio 15th Jan 14, 6:16 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    jrio
    Consistently seem to offer the worst customer service I've ever had from an energy supplier. Their latest wheeze was to ask me for a meter reading within 10 days from 21/12/13(which I did on the 30th) and yet over 2 weeks later still no bill! When I queried why this was, the reply received today was: "They are not produced when meter readings are supplied, they are generated within set periods of time. " Yet the reply also acknowledged the statement was due now and would be available by the end of the week!

To anyone thinking of joining them, I'd say only do it if you're making a very big saving.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

460Posts Today

5,514Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • These scams are nothing to do with bitcoin. They are just scams. My view on bitcoin (though a little old now) a? https://t.co/i6rRIOr5hk

• SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! I have nothing to do with 'Bitcoin trading' or any get rich quick type advert or scheme. Don't t? https://t.co/WjitDxAc26

• Now I've heard it all. Apparently my politics is dictated by who follows me! You couldn't make this up. PS and for? https://t.co/hoPf6Jp34N

• Follow Martin