Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 23rd Jan 13, 4:18 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: EE's 4G 'promotion' could see iPhone users pay more
    • 23rd Jan 13, 4:18 PM
    MSE News: EE's 4G 'promotion' could see iPhone users pay more 23rd Jan 13 at 4:18 PM
    "The mobile giant is cutting the cost for low users by 5/month for a limited time, but is increasing the cost of phones..."

Page 1
    • guesswho2000
    • By guesswho2000 23rd Jan 13, 5:04 PM
    • 1,622 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    guesswho2000
    • 23rd Jan 13, 5:04 PM
    • 23rd Jan 13, 5:04 PM
    Is there a link anywhere from EE giving some info about this? I can't find any mention of it on their site?
  • im-lost
    • 23rd Jan 13, 6:10 PM
    • 23rd Jan 13, 6:10 PM
    slow news day?
  • AMG762
    • 23rd Jan 13, 6:29 PM
    • 23rd Jan 13, 6:29 PM
    My friend was contacted by them to upgrade to 4g ee. They told him they would increase his data to 1gb per month, he would get faster speeds and there would be no other changes to his contract.

He received a new sim.

After inserting the new sim he found out that they had removed his ability to tether (the personal hotspot on his iphone)

He called them back to complain and in the end went back to his previous deal as the ability to tether was more important to him than a faster download speed in a few areas.

Just something to be aware of
    • NFH
    • By NFH 23rd Jan 13, 8:14 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,415 Thanks
    NFH
    • 23rd Jan 13, 8:14 PM
    • 23rd Jan 13, 8:14 PM
    Perhaps the headlines should have focussed on the SIM-only tariffs, which make prices much easier to compare. But those didn't change. So in fact there's been no real price reduction.
  • NorthernOne
    • 23rd Jan 13, 8:19 PM
    • 23rd Jan 13, 8:19 PM
    My friend was contacted by them to upgrade to 4g ee. They told him they would increase his data to 1gb per month, he would get faster speeds and there would be no other changes to his contract.

He received a new sim.

After inserting the new sim he found out that they had removed his ability to tether (the personal hotspot on his iphone)

He called them back to complain and in the end went back to his previous deal as the ability to tether was more important to him than a faster download speed in a few areas.

Just something to be aware of
    Originally posted by AMG762
    I was under the impression that all 4G tariffs allow tethering by default.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,547Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin