Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • rchddap1
    • 3rd Jun 05, 9:42 AM
    • 3rd Jun 05, 9:42 AM
    Should be fine. I part cooked some and then put them in the freezer (ie, cooked the mince, veg & put the mash on top only and left the put in the oven bit). On the day I needed it I took it out of the freezer and left it defrosting all day, so I don't see why not.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 Now seemingly a normal little monster.
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • Lillibet
    • 3rd Jun 05, 9:46 AM
    • 3rd Jun 05, 9:46 AM
    I frequently make it a day or 2 in advance (i.e on the weekend to eat in the week) Keeps fine in the fridge, cover with clingflim/plate/lid to prevent potato from drying out & add butter/marg to top just before popping into oven .

Check it is piping hot all the way through by dipping a cool knife into the centre before serving.

HTH
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
    • Ticklemouse
    • By Ticklemouse 3rd Jun 05, 9:54 AM
    • 4,896 Posts
    • 5,486 Thanks
    Ticklemouse
    • 3rd Jun 05, 9:54 AM
    • 3rd Jun 05, 9:54 AM
    Yep - I'll agree with above. It's fine. I made one on the Saturday before I had DS2 and we ate it for tea on Monday night (having had DS2 in the early hours of Mon morning) Just put it in fridge and heat properly before eating.
  • LearningToSave.
    • 3rd Jun 05, 9:55 AM
    • 3rd Jun 05, 9:55 AM
    Thanks for the quick response ladies
    i just find that with chloe (2 and a half) and daisy(7 weeks) i seem to get more time in the morning/lunchtimeish to do things like this....whereas if i tried doing it all at teatime overtiredness kicks in and all hell breaks loose!!!
    used to just eat processed stuff when hubby is on this 7-5 shift (he does all rest of cooking!)so it was quick for me to do......but since finding this wonderful site i like to cook from scratch.
    • Chipps
    • By Chipps 3rd Jun 05, 11:19 AM
    • 1,543 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    Chipps
    • 3rd Jun 05, 11:19 AM
    • 3rd Jun 05, 11:19 AM
    One of the nice things about making it in advance is that it has time to cool down, & any fat congeals & you can scrape it off (yuk! ... but not as yukky as eating it ;-) )
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

544Posts Today

6,364Users online

Martin's Twitter