Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sally
    • By MSE Sally 27th Dec 12, 12:22 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 27Thanks
    MSE Sally
    'MoneySavingExpert overtakes M&S in UK's most trusted brands' blog discussion
    • 27th Dec 12, 12:22 PM
    'MoneySavingExpert overtakes M&S in UK's most trusted brands' blog discussion 27th Dec 12 at 12:22 PM
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 27th Dec 12, 12:45 PM
    • 16,692 Posts
    • 23,628 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 27th Dec 12, 12:45 PM
    • 27th Dec 12, 12:45 PM
    Looks like Martin mistimed the sale. Surely the no 4 brand should be worth more than 87m?
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 27th Dec 12, 12:55 PM
    • 19,580 Posts
    • 20,373 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 27th Dec 12, 12:55 PM
    • 27th Dec 12, 12:55 PM
    How did Amazon get so trusted? Was this before the scandal over taxes?
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
  • ValHaller
    • 28th Dec 12, 10:40 AM
    • 28th Dec 12, 10:40 AM
    How did Amazon get so trusted? Was this before the scandal over taxes?
    Originally posted by jobbingmusician
    Indeed. And the BBC with 2 entries in the list. With 30% of the list lacking credibility, I am afraid that the others are stars set in a firmament of damp praise.
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
    • ScarletBea
    • By ScarletBea 28th Dec 12, 2:08 PM
    • 2,788 Posts
    • 4,163 Thanks
    ScarletBea
    • 28th Dec 12, 2:08 PM
    • 28th Dec 12, 2:08 PM
    This is sad, actually...
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • jamesd
    • 28th Dec 12, 11:56 PM
    • 28th Dec 12, 11:56 PM
    Congratulations!
  • Errata
    • 30th Dec 12, 8:30 AM
    • 30th Dec 12, 8:30 AM
    A poll which says a website is more trusted than a lump of cheese? Very odd.
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

64Posts Today

2,207Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin