Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • linzi2484
    • By linzi2484 15th Nov 12, 12:25 PM
    • 178Posts
    • 1,541Thanks
    linzi2484
    OMG Is this for real
    • 15th Nov 12, 12:25 PM
    OMG Is this for real 15th Nov 12 at 12:25 PM
    Just received this email from boots

Congratulations valued customer,
    You won!
    You are the lucky winner of:
    A Trip for two to Barcelona courtesy of VO5 Extreme style.
    We will be in contact with you shortly to arrange your prize.

To find out more about VO5 products please view our range at Boots.com

For any queries or questions, please email: bootscustomercare@bezier.com Subscribe to other emails

Is it for real i entered this competition http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4161457&highlight=vo5+barcelona so am hoping it is but doesn't look like a normal wem???
Page 21
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 15th Nov 12, 9:20 PM
    • 21,185 Posts
    • 1,236,728 Thanks
    Daphne01
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233624/Boots-issues-apology-competition-blunder-sends-email-promising-free-trip-Barcelona-thousands-customers.html

OMG I'm sorry the woman in the article lost her baby but to use it in the story is disgusting
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• something4nothing
    • crin
    • By crin 15th Nov 12, 10:34 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 32,680 Thanks
    crin
    I got it too got my hopes up for a minute seems it was too good to be true
    If at first you don't succeed try, try, try again.

Eleventh Heaven # 550 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    • Pechow
    • By Pechow 15th Nov 12, 10:45 PM
    • 700 Posts
    • 7,268 Thanks
    Pechow
    I'm surprised the comments on the DM article are actually pretty reasonable right now. The amount of greed being shown over a simple mistake is amazing.

On the other hand, I looked on FB earlier and there were a few people writing nice messages on Boots wall, saying thanks for the points and we all make mistakes.
    • Sparklez30
    • By Sparklez30 15th Nov 12, 10:49 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    Sparklez30
    Originally posted by Daphne01
    Disgusting seems a little strong. If she didn't mention it then her disappointment wouldn't make much sense? Although to be honest I'm sure the mail cherry picked what they wanted to use from whatever conversation they had anyway.
    • shykins
    • By shykins 16th Nov 12, 5:34 AM
    • 2,579 Posts
    • 5,513 Thanks
    shykins
    is the offer of 10 points only on their facebook page or did anyone get an email? i am not on facebook so cant see it

if so how do we claim it?

hope everyone is over their disappointment now
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • LIZo
    Hiya I got an email from them last night

If you didn't register your advantage card when you entered they re asking for you to send them ur card number x
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 16th Nov 12, 6:01 AM
    • 6,019 Posts
    • 106,787 Thanks
    Blulu
    Outside of the Troll's comments, I think people are going a little OTT over this. Don't think it's right to call people disgusting for being honest about their stories and grief. Some people's sob stories are true, and if they're relevant I don't see why they shouldn't speak about them. Lol, it's so British to get narked at folks for this type of thing.

And sos, but I don't agree with you VanPop about MSErs being greedy for not wanting to follow your, albeit great, example. People just see things differently. Because you have chosen to be generous, doesn't mean that others are at the opposite end of the spectrum because they don't do the same in this one situation.
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
  • something4nothing
    Outside of the Troll's comments, I think people are going a little OTT over this. Don't think it's right to call people disgusting for being honest about their stories and grief. Some people's sob stories are true, and if they're relevant I don't see why they shouldn't speak about them. Lol, it's so British to get narked at folks for this type of thing.

And sos, but I don't agree with you VanPop about MSErs being greedy for not wanting to follow your, albeit great, example. People just see things differently. Because you have chosen to be generous, doesn't mean that others are at the opposite end of the spectrum because they don't do the same in this one situation.
    Originally posted by Blulu
    Louise,
    Just because you don't agree with somebody doesn't make them a Troll. Show a little compassion.
  • BexQuattro
    It wasn't boots that sent the emails out. Boots was using an outside company to manage their competitions. The other company ran it all, boots only employed them. I know the company, nice people but I guess they screwed up big time and looks like they've lost all Boots work now so the people who screwed up might well lose their jobs too. It was just one person who clicked the wrong button basically.
    Also they wouldn't have known they'd sent the wrong email straight away it wouldn't have been until they'd received a few replies saying "thank you for my prize" that they would have figured it out, hence the delay in apologising.
    • justforthekicks
    • By justforthekicks 16th Nov 12, 9:08 AM
    • 205 Posts
    • 2,066 Thanks
    justforthekicks
    Has everyone else received an e-mail about the advantage card points?

• Carlieee
    I got the email too, will definitely take that
  • doltage
    So who all's gonna put "Nov 12: 10 boots Advantage Card Points" as wins in their signatures... prob just about everyone right?
    Originally posted by buck_eejit
    I'm not. My luck's so bad I didn't even get a WEM from this competition
    • myabeth22
    • By myabeth22 16th Nov 12, 10:31 AM
    • 93 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    myabeth22
    I haven't received an advantage card points email..anyone else not got it?
    • Matryoshka
    • By Matryoshka 16th Nov 12, 10:32 AM
    • 10,248 Posts
    • 105,743 Thanks
    Matryoshka
    and the children need it more especially with christmas coming....

C'mon folks do the right thing
    Originally posted by vanpopple
    EXACTLY!! My children
    SECRET TO WINNING PRIZES :
    If you see it in your mind, you're going to hold it in your hand.
    Thoughts become things!
    What you think about you bring about!
    No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it.
    Romans 12:15 Be happy with those who are happy
  • islandgirl8
    I didn't received any of the emails yesterday, but I have just received an apology and additional advantage points in an email today. I presume everyone who entered this competition will get this.
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 16th Nov 12, 11:08 AM
    • 1,628 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: Whoops! Boots tells 9,000 they'd won Barcelona trip... they hadn't
    "The chemist made a huge gaffe by emailing all who entered to say they were winners. It is offering 10 compensation ..."

• Blulu
    • By Blulu 16th Nov 12, 11:32 AM
    • 6,019 Posts
    • 106,787 Thanks
    Blulu
    Louise,
    Just because you don't agree with somebody doesn't make them a Troll. Show a little compassion.
    Originally posted by something4nothing
    Against my better judgement, I'm going to reply to this, because it's just hilarious, and I can't resist something funny.

I don't get upset at all that someone disagrees with me/others. It's only about how they disagree. You're always going on about others being bullies, or showing lack of compassion. Have you ever come across the term "projection" as a defence mechanism? Perhaps do a little research on the subject.

Louise
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • justforthekicks
    • By justforthekicks 16th Nov 12, 11:38 AM
    • 205 Posts
    • 2,066 Thanks
    justforthekicks
    I haven't received an advantage card points email..anyone else not got it?
    Originally posted by myabeth22

Nope, I've not got it either.

• ChuckieD
    • By ChuckieD 16th Nov 12, 11:42 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 4,189 Thanks
    ChuckieD
    I'm appalled by some people on here, I'm reading it cringing, embarrassed to be part of the MSE comping community. Words like 'victim' and 'anguish' being bandied about? Pull yourselves together.

They've been gracious enough to apologise, be gracious enough to accept it. I certainly hope the person who made the mistake does not lose their job a month before Christmas and if they do I hope karma serves those grabbing at their pound of flesh well. Enjoy your tenners.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,775Posts Today

7,346Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick twitter poll: Will Theresa May still be the PM of the UK a week today?

• Thank you for all the sensitive teeth rememedies. I'm going to try (not the alchohol ones though - on air early tomorrow)

• Grrrr. I've sensitive tooth pain after going to the dentist last week for a filling. I've been putting sensodyne? https://t.co/A1Q8sdSukK

• Follow Martin