Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 12th Oct 12, 8:05 AM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Online retailers warned over consumer protection
    • 12th Oct 12, 8:05 AM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Online retailers warned over consumer protection 12th Oct 12 at 8:05 AM
    "Dozens of the UK's largest online stores have been warned to bring their websites up to scratch or face action ..."

Page 1
    • SallyG
    • By SallyG 12th Oct 12, 9:12 AM
    • 845 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    SallyG
    • 12th Oct 12, 9:12 AM
    • 12th Oct 12, 9:12 AM
    Made.com T&Cs say
    "Please open and check your order the day of receiving it and inform us of any transit damage problems immediately. All items and parts of items must be checked for any damage prior to assembly. It is your right and responsibility to check that your delivered products have arrived in perfect condition, before signing the delivery form."
    My responsibility?
    If I find "transit damage" should I refuse to sign the delivery form/tell the delivery driver to take it back?
    • mo786uk
    • By mo786uk 12th Oct 12, 6:14 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 573 Thanks
    mo786uk
    • 12th Oct 12, 6:14 PM
    • 12th Oct 12, 6:14 PM
    it would be a restrictive term under the SOGA anyway as you need to have a reasonable opportunity to inspect goods before accepting them.
    • Lynsey
    • By Lynsey 13th Oct 12, 9:31 AM
    • 9,257 Posts
    • 31,991 Thanks
    Lynsey
    • 13th Oct 12, 9:31 AM
    • 13th Oct 12, 9:31 AM
    It's about time also that a contract is formed once payment has been taken. This would also give the consumer protection and get the sites to tighten up their practices.
    Tesco are notorious for taking money and then cancelling. You then need to chase up (when they often don't refund or refund the full amount) and it's the customer who has to chase up getting a refund or issuing a purchase dispute with the credit card company.
    Personally, I think it should be law that payment is only taken when goods are dispatched.
    The above issue is not exhaustive to Tesco BTW.
    HMV for example have had issues of late, but at least they don't take payment for cancelled goods - it can be done.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target 600 - (x21)
    No. 6 Total 740.00 - No. 7 1000.00 - No. 8 875.00 - No. 9 700.00 (target met)
    • woodbine
    • By woodbine 14th Oct 12, 10:59 PM
    • 18,323 Posts
    • 24,707 Thanks
    woodbine
    • 14th Oct 12, 10:59 PM
    • 14th Oct 12, 10:59 PM
    Made.com T&Cs say
    "Please open and check your order the day of receiving it and inform us of any transit damage problems immediately. All items and parts of items must be checked for any damage prior to assembly. It is your right and responsibility to check that your delivered products have arrived in perfect condition, before signing the delivery form."
    My responsibility?
    If I find "transit damage" should I refuse to sign the delivery form/tell the delivery driver to take it back?
    Originally posted by SallyG
    when i sign for delivered goods i always add "unchecked",if the driver objects i ask him to wait half an hour while i check !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

73Posts Today

1,181Users online

Martin's Twitter