Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 10th Sep 12, 2:23 PM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE Blog: 10 top tips for a successful car boot sale
    • 10th Sep 12, 2:23 PM
    MSE Blog: 10 top tips for a successful car boot sale 10th Sep 12 at 2:23 PM
    This is a thread to discuss the MSE blog:
    10 top tips for a successful car boot sale

"Doing a car boot sale is a great way to clear out your cupboard, de-clutter your home and raise a bit of extra cash..."
Page 1
    • pleasedelete
    • By pleasedelete 11th Sep 12, 8:17 PM
    • 2,146 Posts
    • 3,557 Thanks
    pleasedelete
    • 11th Sep 12, 8:17 PM
    • 11th Sep 12, 8:17 PM
    Car boot sale Advice sticky at the top of the forum offers all the advice anyone could ever need. 1st page has some excellent advice.

Not sure what discussing a blog could add that isn't covered on the thread.
    Last edited by pleasedelete; 11-09-2012 at 8:54 PM.
    June challenge 100 a day 3161.63 plus 350 vouchers plus 108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge 50 a day. 1682.50/1550

October challenge 100 a day. 385/3100
    • pippinpuss
    • By pippinpuss 12th Sep 12, 1:14 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    pippinpuss
    • 12th Sep 12, 1:14 PM
    • 12th Sep 12, 1:14 PM
    Don't feel as if you have to sell everything. People make very silly offers at the end of the day to get a bargain. I always refuse by saying 'i'm not that desperate for money & it will sell next time'

Take pegs to hold down the plastic sheeting when it rains, camping chairs, coffee & LOADS of small change. Keep your large notes separate from the rest so it doesn't go missing when you pull it our of your money belt.

Have fun
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 13th Sep 12, 1:51 PM
    • 11,851 Posts
    • 11,393 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    • 13th Sep 12, 1:51 PM
    • 13th Sep 12, 1:51 PM
    Don't feel as if you have to sell everything. People make very silly offers at the end of the day to get a bargain. I always refuse by saying 'i'm not that desperate for money & it will sell next time'
    Originally posted by pippinpuss
    Depends if there is going to be a next time.
    Better to sell something worth 10 for 1 than take it home and throw it in the bin.
  • Crowqueen
    • 13th Sep 12, 2:35 PM
    • 13th Sep 12, 2:35 PM
    Not sure what discussing a blog could add that isn't covered on the thread.
    Originally posted by pleasedelete
    It might bring in people interested in doing a car boot sale who haven't noticed the forum.

One point: 'Carbootjuction' - should that be 'Carbootjunction'?
    Last edited by Crowqueen; 13-09-2012 at 2:37 PM.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,728Posts Today

6,020Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin