Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tigersilly
    • By Tigersilly 20th Apr 08, 3:19 AM
    • 377Posts
    • 617Thanks
    Tigersilly
    Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes
    • 20th Apr 08, 3:19 AM
    Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes 20th Apr 08 at 3:19 AM
    Hi, I have been searching for a cheap smell-alike to Dolce Vita EDT perfume. It costs around £30 for 50ml and the smell doesn't even linger for that long (sadly there's no EDP version to save re-applying).

Does anyone know of a Dolce Vita Smell-alike? or of any other smell-alikes?
    Could you list them in this thread?

Thank you xx

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Tigersilly; 12-09-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Page 41
  • bdow2003
    I've tried the Ghost and the Mademoiselle ones and they are spot on too.
    Originally posted by sofababe
    Does anyone know the name of the Milton Lloyd equivalent of Madamoiselle???
  • sarlouben
    Originally posted by bdow2003

miss tutu is coco mademoiselle i think i do have that one somewhere.
  • GothicPrincess87
    I noticed pp updated their oils over a week ago. Im well gutted totally missed it so i put an order in last night here is the new oils incase anyone else missed it. i ordered rebelle ,flowerbomb la vie en rose,bond no 9 chinatown, my queen,roberto cavalli

new (Notes similar to that found in NU - YSL®)
    Oh Lala (Notes similar to that found in Oh Lola®)
    Nectarine Honey (Notes similar to that found in Nectarine Blossom & Honey (JM)®)
    Rebellious Honey (Notes similar to that found in Rebelle®)
    Spell (Notes similar to that found in Spellbound®)
    Warmth Rose (Notes similar to that found in Flowerbomb La Vie En Rose®)
    Japan Musk (Notes similar to that found in Japanese Musk (BS)®)
    Abet Intense (Notes similar to that found in Acqua Di Gioa®)
    About Eve (Notes similar to that found in All About Eve®)
    Kold Frozen (Notes similar to that found in Cool Water Frozen®)
    Cabonite (Notes similar to that found in Cabotine®)
    Inside Heat (Notes similar to that found in CK IN2U Heat®)
    China's City (Notes similar to that found in Bond No.9 Chinatown®)
    Italian Town (Notes similar to that found in Bond No.9 Little Italy®)
    Asian Tea (Notes similar to that found in Asian White Tea (Body Shop®)
    Delicously (Notes similar to that found in Delices De Cartier®)
    Eternal Summer (Notes similar to that found in Eternity Summer®)
    Frail (Notes similar to that found in Fragile (JPG)®)
    Issomer Summer (Notes similar to that found in Issey Miyake Summer®)
    Kinetic Oriental (Notes similar to that found in Kenzo Flower Oriental®)
    My Princess (Notes similar to that found in My Queen® (AM)
  • bdow2003
    Originally posted by bdow2003
    Thanks!
    Also just noticed someone had kindly put lists together back on page 27 of this thread!
    • kkennedy
    • By kkennedy 31st Aug 12, 7:09 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    kkennedy
    how can you tell from the Milton web site what the perfume is supposed to be simalar to ?
    Sealed Pot Challenge5 1707 £289.00/£400
    • RachRubyD
    • By RachRubyD 31st Aug 12, 10:10 PM
    • 416 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    RachRubyD
    On page 39 on this thread there is a list of the milton perfumes and their smell alikes as well as other smell alikes.

If your looking for Coco Madamoiselle then I suggest (if you haven't tried it already) Lidl version called Suddenly Madam Glamour. It smells very similar, i've tried alot of smell alikes for CM and this is the closest.
    Haven't tried Miltons yet though so will do in the future.
  • Denno77
    spray
    THE milton versions of Coco and Madamoselle are spot on.Yeah that list is great,there are some newer ones now,i saw one called Stars anyone knw what fragrance that is?
  • sarlouben
    THE milton versions of Coco and Madamoselle are spot on.Yeah that list is great,there are some newer ones now,i saw one called Stars anyone knw what fragrance that is?
    Originally posted by Denno77
    stars is a smell alike for alien i buy that one regularly its lovely
  • scentedellie
    Glad to know my list is appreciated - it took ages to compile!
    • killielila
    • By killielila 2nd Sep 12, 10:16 AM
    • 240 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    killielila
    pm me if you like i sell perfumes at low costs that smell like designer xx

finances disaster but babystepping back to security

• Denno77
    hi
    Hi Island Scents,i inboxed you but dont think it sent.wondered if you have a fuull list of ML ones as i know there are some not on the previous list of what smells like what.Do you know if theres a ML Smellalike for Diesel Loverdose?
    Many thanks ,deano
  • hwrd1122
    Dupes comparison
    I notice Perfume Parlour getting a few comments on their sprays being expensive. Compared to some of the others dupes then this is true but the quality and concentration of the oil is usually much greater than many of the other copycat companies mentions.

I collect fragrances. I have 30+ originals including vintage formulations across many designer and niche brands. Alongside this I have many dupes from Milton Lloyd, Creation Lamis, Linn Young, D+M, Saffron, and Perfume Parlour.

Of the above mentioned dupes I clearly find Perfume Parlour to be superior. If we are just talking about top notes then any of the others are just as good but it is as the fragrance evolves you begin to see the difference in quality.

With the exception of PP, Milton Lloyd and Linn Young are the best. No doubt in my mind. Not tried Omega so can't compare them to Linn Young. Both Milton Lloyd and Linn Young last a reasonable time and don't really turn sour or stale after a couple of hours.

PP on the other hand are a little bit linear maybe due to being a higher concentration of perfume oil rather than alcohol. That said they really capture the best of a fragrance and the scent lasts all day long.

Unlike all the other dupes PP don't just offer the mainstream fragrance. I would never expect someone to buy Joop or Cool Water from PP. The originals can be found so cheaply and each and every other company produces dupes for these.

Instead PP really excels for higher end and niche fragrances. Where else can you get a very good quality dupe of a Creed, some of the Diors or Guccis, Tom Ford or Van Cleef and Arpels. You can't. PP offers all of these usually high end expensive fragrances at an excellent price.

I own many of the dupe fragrances in either genuine full bottles or smaller decants. I can honestly say PP is the closest in terms of structure. Occasionally the initial top notes might be lacking but who cares when these fleeting notes will be gone anyway in a matter of minutes.

Also PP sometimes bases its scents on the better vintage formulations. My Chanel Egoiste from PP smells much closer to my vintage decant than it does my newer reformulated juice. My Terre d'Hermes from PP is actually slightly more sparkling than my genuine parfume. My PP Allure Hommes Sport lasts longer than my genuine bottle and much longer than my Milton Lloyd version (Poker). Again is slightly lacks the punchy top notes but from 5 mins and beyond it excels. The same can be said of most my PP sprays, they come close to and sometimes even surpass the genuine version.

Now you'll never match the natural quality of some top end niche fragrances but if you want to come extremely close without breaking the bank then PP is the perfect option. If you are looking for a real cheap deal on a mainstream fragrance Milton Lloyd and Linn Young are excellent alternatives.

My honest review on the people mentioned in this thread. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by hwrd1122; 04-09-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling lol
  • scentedellie
    Has anyone tried Moondust by Creation Lamis? Some websites say it resembles Flowerbomb, while others say it is like Emporio Armani Diamonds.

Any ideas? And more importantly, does it last?!
  • scentedellie
    Thanks for such a quick response, Dave.

Glad that business is going well for you.
    • kkennedy
    • By kkennedy 9th Sep 12, 7:17 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    kkennedy
    sofababe looking for help, think I have taste in perfume similar to you have you got any new perfumes that you have got lately that you could recommend Please
  • sofababe
    sofababe looking for help, think I have taste in perfume similar to you have you got any new perfumes that you have got lately that you could recommend Please
    Originally posted by kkennedy
    The most acquisitions from PP are Burberry Body, Chloe Love, Loverdose, Lola, Be Delicious, Addict to Life and L de Lolita. All are spot on replicas. I also re ordered 2 faves; Lady Million and The One.
    • Robie
    • By Robie 11th Sep 12, 9:32 AM
    • 139 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Robie
    Hey sofababe - good to hear from you.

OK. This is a fairly new fragrance but perhaps someone knows a duplicate of Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb for men. Come to think about it, it could have been SPICEBOMB.

I was accosted in Debenhams in Oxford street and sprayed with this stuff. Initially, I thought meh but over the day it just became a wonderful smell.

Robie
    Last edited by Robie; 11-09-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    • kkennedy
    • By kkennedy 11th Sep 12, 2:56 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    kkennedy
    The most acquisitions from PP are Burberry Body, Chloe Love, Loverdose, Lola, Be Delicious, Addict to Life and L de Lolita. All are spot on replicas. I also re ordered 2 faves; Lady Million and The One.
    Originally posted by sofababe
    thanks sofababe
    have ordered L de Lolita, addicted to life, and the one to try this time also got loverdode(love this), Lady millions(another fav) ,flowerbomd(another fav) in sprays
    • Threebabes
    • By Threebabes 11th Sep 12, 3:55 PM
    • 1,231 Posts
    • 1,386 Thanks
    Threebabes
    If you're talking about the Perfume Parlour oils then the Boss Orange one is probably my favourite of the many I've tried. Hope you're pleased with your purchase - let us all know
    Originally posted by autumngirl
    Hi, where do you buy the oils from? Thanks
    • pattycake
    • By pattycake 11th Sep 12, 5:40 PM
    • 1,319 Posts
    • 1,169 Thanks
    pattycake
    Hey sofababe - good to hear from you.

OK. This is a fairly new fragrance but perhaps someone knows a duplicate of Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb for men. Come to think about it, it could have been SPICEBOMB.

I was accosted in Debenhams in Oxford street and sprayed with this stuff. Initially, I thought meh but over the day it just became a wonderful smell.

Robie
    Originally posted by Robie
    My husband and I had a good sniff at the aftershaves in Duty Free on a recent trip and loved Spicebomb. I wanted to order the duplicate from Perfume Parlour (they call it Spiceboom) but it was out of stock. That was a couple of weeks ago. I got him Blackness (Armani Code) Liberate (1 Million) and Bossy O (Boss Orange). That should keep him quiet for a little while! He likes the sprays rather than the oils.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

346Posts Today

4,788Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We hope this'll really shake things up, to create a sea change for those with mental health issues https://t.co/yUTgRVzHeW

• RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• Follow Martin