Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 14th Aug 12, 4:25 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE Blog: How our Helen helped bring you the Olympics
    • 14th Aug 12, 4:25 PM
    MSE Blog: How our Helen helped bring you the Olympics 14th Aug 12 at 4:25 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread to discuss the MSE blog:
    How our Helen helped bring you the Olympics

"While many are mourning the end of the Olympics, I'm not alone in suffering from London 2012 withdrawal symptoms..."
Page 1
    • Nile
    • By Nile 14th Aug 12, 5:26 PM
    • 14,437 Posts
    • 14,406 Thanks
    Nile
    • 14th Aug 12, 5:26 PM
    • 14th Aug 12, 5:26 PM
    Thanks MSE Helen and to all the Games Makers, army, navy, air force, marines and police and anyone I've not mentioned who volunteered to keep us safe and help us spectators to enjoy our London 2012 Olympic Games experience.

I chatted to a soldier from Colchester. I blagged a pin badge from the Assistant Commissioner of Police........who was handing them out to children.

I chatted to two Games Maker volunteers outside the North Greenwich Arena and we swapped stories of VIP's we'd seen.

I shook the hand of a member of the transport staff on a DLR station platform and excitedly told him that I'd just touched Usain Bolt with the same hand.

All of the volunteers helped to make the security checks, transport, entry to venues a fun experience.

Thank you MSE Helen and your colleagues.

I'll never forget being at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Nile
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,514Posts Today

8,892Users online

Martin's Twitter