Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 9th Aug 12, 1:05 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Yodel boss: No apology for delays but 'deliveries getting better'
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:05 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Yodel boss: No apology for delays but 'deliveries getting better' 9th Aug 12 at 1:05 PM
    "Ever felt utter frustration waiting for a non-existent delivery? Well, that's what many Yodel customer have faced ..."

Page 1
  • Wywth
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:41 PM
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:41 PM
    I've had 3 deliveries by Yodel this year and found their on-line tracking accurate.

In the first delivery which involved a large, heaevy parcel, it was delivered direct by Yodel around 11.00am on the day I expected it according to their tracking site.

The second delivery, which was a small parcel, I waited in all day (the parcel left the local depot at 07.30h) only for the item to be delivered shortly after 7.00pm by some guy in a car. He said he usually only delivers in the evening as that is when most cuistomers are at home.

The third delivery, also a small parcel, was delivered shortly before 9.00pm in the evening, by the same guy in the car ... but still within Yodel's stated delivery times ... just!

I now have a forth parcel I ordered from Argos_Outlet I'm waiting for. They supplied a tracking number but Yodel site doesn't recognise it.
    I have raised an issue with Argos and they now say it was never sent by Yodel (despite that being what was advertised, what I paid for, what they confirmed on dispatch and the style of the tracking number) but was actually sent by Royal Mail.

So to be fair to Yodel, I'm not blaming them for this loss/non delivery.
    • callum9999
    • By callum9999 9th Aug 12, 1:44 PM
    • 3,950 Posts
    • 2,408 Thanks
    callum9999
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:44 PM
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:44 PM
    I personally love Yodel. 90% of the time, if I'm out when they've tried to deliver, I just call a mobile number on the "sorry, you're out" card and they come round and drop it off within an hour.

Though as they are dirt cheap compared to other couriers, it's hardly surprising that they are sometimes slightly unreliable (and of course, all couriers occasionally make mistakes).
  • Nagartath
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:49 PM
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:49 PM
    I never complain to the delivery company. I always complain to the company I ordered from as they have the contract with the delivery firm not me. I recently complained to Boots about Yodel and received compensation from Boots. Admittedly I had to complain to the Chairman of Alliance Boots to get a resoltuion. I had ordered 5 separate times from Boots.com and each and every delivery was wrong, either all items not delivered (2 separate packages) or they would be severley damaged. One parcel was leaking baby milk everywhere and they still tried to deliver it, ridiculous.
    • pete_v
    • By pete_v 9th Aug 12, 1:55 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    pete_v
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:55 PM
    • 9th Aug 12, 1:55 PM
    I've had two work colleagues whose parcels were left in their wheely bins - no card in the door, they only noticed the parcels when putting more rubbish in. Could easily have been thrown away!

Lots more with parcels left in front gardens, completely soaked by rain.

One had his new camera (semi-pro, several hundred pounds) tossed over a six-foot hedge. It landed among the broad-bean canes in his veg patch and wasn't found for two weeks.

In my case they've just never turned up, and been a nightmare to contact. The last time I used them I did get a card, but their web site would not recognise the number on it. At that point I emailed the sender and cancelled the contract under DSRs - let them chase Yodel to try to get their stock back, I'm not going to waste my time yet again.

Pete
  • Wywth
    • 9th Aug 12, 2:03 PM
    • 9th Aug 12, 2:03 PM
    ...One had his new camera (semi-pro, several hundred pounds) tossed over a six-foot hedge. ...
    Originally posted by pete_v

How does he know? Did he see it happen? Or has he full camera coverage of his property?

I wish I was there when it happened. I'd have paid extra to see delivery drivers lob their deliveries over a hedge. How was the signature of the recipient obtained?
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 9th Aug 12, 2:41 PM
    • 10,028 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    chanz4
    • 9th Aug 12, 2:41 PM
    I've had two work colleagues whose parcels were left in their wheely bins - no card in the door, they only noticed the parcels when putting more rubbish in. Could easily have been thrown away!

Lots more with parcels left in front gardens, completely soaked by rain.

One had his new camera (semi-pro, several hundred pounds) tossed over a six-foot hedge. It landed among the broad-bean canes in his veg patch and wasn't found for two weeks.

In my case they've just never turned up, and been a nightmare to contact. The last time I used them I did get a card, but their web site would not recognise the number on it. At that point I emailed the sender and cancelled the contract under DSRs - let them chase Yodel to try to get their stock back, I'm not going to waste my time yet again.

Pete
    I would blame the retailer then, as if its worth so much shouldn't they of paid for a signed for service rather than a leave safe? Also if they use parcel2go their tracking refs don't appear
    Last edited by chanz4; 09-08-2012 at 2:44 PM.
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
    • Badrick
    • By Badrick 9th Aug 12, 2:41 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 1,647 Thanks
    Badrick
    One had his new camera (semi-pro, several hundred pounds) tossed over a six-foot hedge.
    I've had a 240v multitool lobbed over our 8 foot wall onto concrete path, and unsurpisingly, it didn't work when we unpacked it
    We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop
  • cshimmon
    • 9th Aug 12, 3:05 PM
    • 9th Aug 12, 3:05 PM
    I don't understand why any company uses them! I certainly would never use them by choice. I've had three deliveries in the last week, two were by yodel. The first, I kept checking the online system and at 3pm it still hadn't been loaded onto a van- only when I contacted them, it had been loaded and apparently the system was wrong... So if I'd believed the system and gone out until the status changed I'd have missed it!!!

Second delivery was by DPD. They texted with a one hour delivery slot, and turned up right in the middle of it. Brilliant.

Third was yodel. I waited all day- and I mean ALL DAY and it never came. In the morning I checked the system which said they attempted delivery and left a card- at 9.22pm!!! Firstly, what a ridiculous time!!! Secondly, the simple fact is that they didn't!!! There is no card, we checked inside the letter box and everywhere and besides that, we were in and enjoying the peace and quiet once the kids were in bed- there is NO WAY someone could have knocked and us not hear it.

So on top of wasting all of yesterday waiting for it, I've had to mess around today with their twitter team attempting to get it sorted. No e plantation but they e reloaded it onto a van- great I said, except I won't be in, they never even had the sense to check that!

So no apology, no explanation and they are even stupid enough to now by attempting to deliver when there'll be no-one in.

Congratulations yodel... What a good company you are!
    • custardy
    • By custardy 9th Aug 12, 3:15 PM
    • 34,505 Posts
    • 29,251 Thanks
    custardy
    I don't understand why any company uses them! I certainly would never use them by choice. I've had three deliveries in the last week, two were by yodel. The first, I kept checking the online system and at 3pm it still hadn't been loaded onto a van- only when I contacted them, it had been loaded and apparently the system was wrong... So if I'd believed the system and gone out until the status changed I'd have missed it!!!

Second delivery was by DPD. They texted with a one hour delivery slot, and turned up right in the middle of it. Brilliant.

Third was yodel. I waited all day- and I mean ALL DAY and it never came. In the morning I checked the system which said they attempted delivery and left a card- at 9.22pm!!! Firstly, what a ridiculous time!!! Secondly, the simple fact is that they didn't!!! There is no card, we checked inside the letter box and everywhere and besides that, we were in and enjoying the peace and quiet once the kids were in bed- there is NO WAY someone could have knocked and us not hear it.

So on top of wasting all of yesterday waiting for it, I've had to mess around today with their twitter team attempting to get it sorted. No e plantation but they e reloaded it onto a van- great I said, except I won't be in, they never even had the sense to check that!

So no apology, no explanation and they are even stupid enough to now by attempting to deliver when there'll be no-one in.

Congratulations yodel... What a good company you are!
    Originally posted by cshimmon
    DPD & Yodel work on different business models
    DPD don't work for the price Yodel do
    So why do you think companies use Yodel?
  • Stephen Leak
    The reply is exactly what you'd expect from Yodel: damaged and late.

As I've said, I'd make a sarcastic comment about Yodel, but you probably wouldn't get it. The firm is, both figuratively and literally, a joke.

If I order anything, I ask who is going to deliver it. If they say Yodel, I ask them to use anyone else. If they can't or won't, I cancel the order. I tell them that, even if they sent the item by Yodel and it did somehow manage to eventually arrive, I would not accept it from them. I refuse to do business with Yodel, even indirectly, ever again. I go elsewhere. I never use that supplier again.

I would not use that firm again anyway, because any firm that uses Yodel in the first place can't, by definition, give a !!!! about their customers.
    Last edited by Stephen Leak; 09-08-2012 at 4:14 PM.
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 9th Aug 12, 3:20 PM
    • 14,071 Posts
    • 72,256 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Very.co.uk make promises they have no certainty in keeping by using this muppet of a delivery company AND

When you complain they hide behind their terms and conditions saying they can't guarantee delivery or provide recompense for failed deliveries YET

They say you can get items the next day if order by 8pm.

Customers can't win and if Yodel don't delivery the next day what consequences are there for Yodel?
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 9th Aug 12, 3:21 PM
    • 7,595 Posts
    • 11,108 Thanks
    KxMx
    I find Yodel tracking poor. I checked the status of a parcel at 11am, still "sorted at hub". An hour later it was delivered to me,when I checked the tracking at 3pm, loads of stages had suddenly appeared! Like "out for delivery 8:30am".

I also get a succession of dodgy looking couriers driving equally dodgy vehicles. I seriously worry about the security of my parcels.
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 9th Aug 12, 3:28 PM
    • 14,071 Posts
    • 72,256 Thanks
    I luv cats
    I find Yodel tracking poor. I checked the status of a parcel at 11am, still "sorted at hub". An hour later it was delivered to me,when I checked the tracking at 3pm, loads of stages had suddenly appeared! Like "out for delivery 8:30am".

I also get a succession of dodgy looking couriers driving equally dodgy vehicles. I seriously worry about the security of my parcels.
    Originally posted by KxMx
    I thought it was the link between the retailer. I found the tracking between 2 hours and 24 hours out of date!!!

My last package package had several holes in the packaging and scuffed to bits. Gord knows what they had been doing with it!!!

Perhaps customers should plan a mass protest against companies that use Yodel to get the message across.
    • Phantom Flan Flinger
    • By Phantom Flan Flinger 9th Aug 12, 3:53 PM
    • 2,725 Posts
    • 1,225 Thanks
    Phantom Flan Flinger
    A couple of months back, Yodel's tracking system said the parcel I was expecting had been left with a neighbour. There was no card through the door and the neighbour said they'd received no parcel for me.

Took almost 4 weeks for SportsDirect to decide it was lost because of a total lack of co-operation from Yodel. Yodel wouldn't even speak to me and said issues had to be raised from the retailer.
    They were better the second time around, so I can only presume it was a different local courier. I missed 2 deliveries, but there were cards both times and a contact number to call.
    On speaking to the courier, they came back and dropped it off a little later.
    Dave.
    • VT82
    • By VT82 9th Aug 12, 4:09 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    VT82
    I had a Yodel card left in my (shared) house, with no recipient's name on it. It said the parcel had been left at number 6 (we're number 8). I went to number 6 and they said the parcel was meant for number 6 on the road two roads away from us, but had been delivered to number 6 on our road, with the card left at number 8 on our road.

Don't know quite what the driver was thinking!
  • abbyx
    I received a card from Yodel as I missed a delivery from them. The number they left on the card was unavailable for the 5 days I tried to contact after the card was left and the tracking number they left for the parcel was also useless. I also tried phoning the Yodel head office which lead to 10 minutes on hold only to have the phone put down on me. 5 days after the card was received a parcel was put through my letter box with what I imagine was the parcel I had been waiting for but no word to confirm that it was. A few days later I went to the Yodel depot at the other end of town who stated that the parcel I was waiting for had been signed for and delivered so I asked for a copy of the signature that had been left and it was in my name but not my signature, so basically my signature had been forged by the driver. The staff said they could not do anything about this. Worst company ever.
    • pcw12kcox
    • By pcw12kcox 9th Aug 12, 5:38 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    pcw12kcox
    Also suffered a similar experience to cshimmon above. Waited in all day - no delivery. In the evening the online site suddenly said not in - card delivered. No card of course. Crack of dawn managed to ring and get answer from Yodel centre and persuaded centre to give me courier's number. It was actually the number of a friend or relative of courier - so Yodel hadn't in reality got the couriers number! Repeated promises of delivery time broken - but after hounding the number finally got an afternoon delivery. Courier admitted when delivering that she'd been too busy the previous day to make all her deliveries hence the false "card delivered" entry online. I recorded the conversation and reported it to Argos. Not heard anything more except an acknowledgement from Argos.
  • cford19
    Yodel is the worst delivery service ever. I ordered some photos from a company that uses them and I was constantly getting cards saying they tried to deliver and half the time I was in! Then when they "gave me the choice" to chose a delivery date, it never turned up on that day. I wasn't given an option to pick it up somewhere and after 5 MONTHS I gave up. I always check if the company uses Yodel and if they do I don't buy from them. I was let down.
  • Scnickr
    We had an awful experience from Yodel.

Item ordered from Amazon. Said it had been delivered at the back of the property even though we were in. Nothing. Left under a wooden table apparently. We don't even own a wooden table and neither do our neighbours!

Called Yodel numerous times who were quite friendly but not helpful. Promised a call from a manager. Nothing. Item still lost at this point several days later.

Amazon dispatched another item which was just left on our doorstep. "secure location at the front of your property" my !!!!.

To this day I don't know where the first delivery is. Someone's obviously kept it.

Wrote to yodel about the service I received and they've finally replied today (over a month later) apologising. Voucher as compensation to follow. We'll see if that turns up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

952Posts Today

6,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin