Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 21st Jun 12, 2:54 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: NatWest customers in lurch after meltdown
    • 21st Jun 12, 2:54 PM
    MSE News: NatWest customers in lurch after meltdown 21st Jun 12 at 2:54 PM
    "Millions of NatWest and RBS customers may be left without cash after 'technical problems' struck the bank ..."

Read the full story:
    NatWest customers in lurch after meltdown

See the updated story story (22/06/12):
    NatWest nightmare into day three: Q&A on your rights

See the further updated story (25/06/12):
    NatWest latest: bank hopeful of fix today

See the further updated story (02/07/12):
    Ulster Bank crisis goes on

See the further updated story (04/07/12):
    Ulster Bank crisis could last a month

Last edited by Former MSE Helen; 04-07-2012 at 2:46 PM.
Page 1
    • davethorp
    • By davethorp 21st Jun 12, 3:12 PM
    • 1,501 Posts
    • 1,098 Thanks
    davethorp
    • 21st Jun 12, 3:12 PM
    • 21st Jun 12, 3:12 PM
    Already a fairly lengthy thread discussing this here

• DK72
    • 21st Jun 12, 3:47 PM
    • 21st Jun 12, 3:47 PM
    I find it really uncanny that Natwest are claiming everything is now ok. NO it isn't. I still haven't had my accounts updated..... I keep asking who is their IT provider - why don't they announce that they will be penalising them - it may make us poor customers feel a bit better.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 21st Jun 12, 5:12 PM
    • 39,033 Posts
    • 162,682 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 21st Jun 12, 5:12 PM
    • 21st Jun 12, 5:12 PM
    From their website:

Important Information for our customers - message timed at 16:25
    We can confirm that all account balance information has now been updated so most customers will now be able to view an up to date balance. Some services online are still unavailable and some customers may still be impacted.

We recognise this has caused significant inconvenience for our customers, and we continue to work to resolve these issues and restore a full service.

We will be keeping over 1,000 NatWest branches in all major towns and cities open until 7pm tonight to assist customers who are unable to get to their branch during working hours. Staff at our call centres are also ready to answer questions and help where they can.
    • jen245
    • By jen245 21st Jun 12, 5:50 PM
    • 1,577 Posts
    • 690 Thanks
    jen245
    • 21st Jun 12, 5:50 PM
    • 21st Jun 12, 5:50 PM
    I think i must be in some kind of meltdown twilight zone, as i havent had any issues at all with my accounts, yesterday or today, and my local branch was quite quiet today when i popped in
    Debt free and staying that way!
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 21st Jun 12, 5:54 PM
    • 22,649 Posts
    • 18,636 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 21st Jun 12, 5:54 PM
    • 21st Jun 12, 5:54 PM
    I find it really uncanny that Natwest are claiming everything is now ok. NO it isn't. I still haven't had my accounts updated..... I keep asking who is their IT provider - why don't they announce that they will be penalising them - it may make us poor customers feel a bit better.
    Originally posted by DK72
    This is likely to be an internal IT issue so asking who their IT provider is is a pointless exercise.
    • mrbilbs
    • By mrbilbs 22nd Jun 12, 6:01 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    mrbilbs
    • 22nd Jun 12, 6:01 AM
    • 22nd Jun 12, 6:01 AM
    My wage should have gone in and be showing this morning. Guess what? No wage!
  • kinkyangel
    • 22nd Jun 12, 6:23 AM
    • 22nd Jun 12, 6:23 AM
    No money for me and at least one other friend this morning!!! According to the man at Natwest I spoke to yesterday, Natwest will do all they can to sort the problem out as soon as possible!
  • itsakindofmajik
    • 22nd Jun 12, 6:27 AM
    Natwest farce
    • 22nd Jun 12, 6:27 AM
    Guess what! 07.25 Friday. No overnight transactions showing. No money paid in. No updated balance. Should we believe anything banks say these days?
  • Kat4w
    I have checked online banking just now and my partners wages aren't showing and are due in today. What gets me mad is although there is a message on the website acknowledging the problem it doesn't give any advice as to what to do.we need some money today but what can I do?
  • notts_phil
    Well get to your branch which should be opening early prove its your payday and they will give you some cash
  • Kat4w
    Thanks. I'll try to get there early!
    • butler_helen
    • By butler_helen 22nd Jun 12, 6:45 AM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 3,197 Thanks
    butler_helen
    Well get to your branch which should be opening early prove its your payday and they will give you some cash
    Originally posted by notts_phil
    Didn't someone earlier say they were giving 300 max with "benefit of the doubt"? I think that's quite good going given the circumstances. the staff in my local branch looked frazzled but still cheery
    If you aim for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars!
  • shell1076
    wages
    My partner is not with natwest but his company are so we have not been paid what can we do. I was due yesterday so this is the second day with out money we have three small children so we need it xxx
    • SingleSue
    • By SingleSue 22nd Jun 12, 7:00 AM
    • 10,535 Posts
    • 59,798 Thanks
    SingleSue
    Yes, it is not just Natwest customers in the lurch but also those with other banks who are due payments from people who are.
    We made it! One graduated, 2 currently at university, been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk!
  • Sailmakers
    Natwest are a shambles...
  • shell1076
    it sure is and I think its bad that we have all been left and if your not a natwest account holder you have no chance with lloyds they do not update over the weekend so we will have no money untill monday the earliest if we dont get it today its out of orderxx
  • Nuttyzebra
    just checked my account was due child tax credits this morning.
    They haven't gone in, I'm showing a negative balance and 0 available balance.
    Does anyone know if you can still get funds out with this technical issue. I'm really worried about this.
    2008 in 2008 member 669
    wins so far - 5 Esprit voucher, 5 tool voucher, 8 Origins products
    18 down 1990 to go
  • Tryingtogetsorted
    I've only been with NatWest a couple of months and in that time I have twice been unable to go into a branch and/or cash via ATM. Is this normal? I was with my last bank over 20 years and never had this kind of problem. I'm wondering if I should change my bank again.
    • Wyre
    • By Wyre 22nd Jun 12, 8:14 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    Wyre
    I've only been with NatWest a couple of months and in that time I have twice been unable to go into a branch and/or cash via ATM. Is this normal? I was with my last bank over 20 years and never had this kind of problem. I'm wondering if I should change my bank again.
    Originally posted by Tryingtogetsorted
    I've been with them for about 4 or 5 years and never had a problem until now, so it's not normal for them but it is also not ok for this to happen!
    Spam Reporter Extraordinaire

A star from Sue-UU is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,601Posts Today

6,215Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin