Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • misterE
    • 20th Apr 07, 7:34 PM
    • 20th Apr 07, 7:34 PM
    One way that may be able to stop this is to "sell" a letter on ebay too, but give the full text of the letter in the ebay advert or point readers to the MSE article. Put the price as low as ebay allow and make it clear that nothing is for sale.

The downsides:
    - It would cost the advertiser a few pence if anyone actually buys it
    - It may be against ebay's terms
    - It will take a few minutes time up of any good natured soul that does it
    • xpf
    • By xpf 22nd Apr 07, 5:07 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    xpf
    • 22nd Apr 07, 5:07 PM
    • 22nd Apr 07, 5:07 PM
    OMG, I just saw an advert on TV for a firm willing to reclaim bank charges. No win, no fee.

Doesn't take them long to start cashing in, does it???
    • andreab115
    • By andreab115 25th Apr 07, 9:08 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    andreab115
    • 25th Apr 07, 9:08 AM
    • 25th Apr 07, 9:08 AM
    misterE I Just looked on Ebay and there is one seller "old_punk" giving the info away telling buyers not to buy the templates, but someone still bid!!!!! he has paid for the listing himself just had an email off him and he agrees with us that its disgraceful that people are selling FREE info
    Last edited by andreab115; 25-04-2007 at 9:13 AM.
  • Angi T
    • 25th Apr 07, 9:36 AM
    • 25th Apr 07, 9:36 AM
    see below

sorry I seem to be posting the same thing twice silly me
    Last edited by Angi T; 25-04-2007 at 10:02 AM.
  • Angi T
    • 25th Apr 07, 9:41 AM
    • 25th Apr 07, 9:41 AM
    Like many others I sell on eBay,

I successful claimed my Bank Charges back last year after watching Trevor Mc Donald's Tonight programme, with the Lovely Martin Lewis. I joined the site www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk & set out to get my charges back long road but got there in the end.

Anyway I have also saw a few eBayer's selling the information, I wrote to eBay about this these sellers selling FREE info on eBay & guess what eBay did? NOTHING, to be honest the reply I got was just the standard automated one.

So what I did was add the link on my about me page, I also added the link to my Thank you letter to my buyers, letting them know that they could claim their Bank charges back. I know that some of them got back to me & thanked me for the link.

So if you are a seller on eBay, do what I did, add the link to your about me page & your thankyou letter.

Good Luck to Everyone who is Claiming Back Their Bank Charges.
    Angi x
    • bham-dave
    • By bham-dave 3rd May 07, 1:25 PM
    • 1,345 Posts
    • 5,560 Thanks
    bham-dave
    • 3rd May 07, 1:25 PM
    • 3rd May 07, 1:25 PM
    Ebay are bloody hopeless at the best of times.

Martin and MSE may be able to fight back by - as mentioned above - doing their own eBay listing.

Sell the template letter for as low as possible (I think they still allow penny auctions) and offer say a thousand for sale, so that the listing doesn't disappear.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, your only costs would be one listing fee and the realisation fees - which would be next to nothing on penny auctions.

Looking at the bigger picture, even if someone's buying a free letter for a fiver on ebay, if they can reclaim 1000's in charges it's still a good thing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,488Posts Today

6,807Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin