Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    insuranceinsider
    Fantastic Breakdown Policy Deal!!!
    • 18th Sep 04, 2:33 PM
    Fantastic Breakdown Policy Deal!!! 18th Sep 04 at 2:33 PM
    I work for Norwich Union Direct who offer a stand alone Breakdown policy called NU Rescue. Although the product is branded as NU's own, it is actually operated and supported by the RAC and is very very good value so long as your car is not very old. The deal is even better because just now there is a promotion running which sees any of the breakdown packages sold at HALF PRICE for the identical level of cover.

To take advantgae of this offer, simply call 0800 096 4704 between 8am and 10pm and quote the reference: CQM1. This is a superb offer and the full package of homestart, roadside and relay with onward travel cost me £28 for a 2000 Peugeot 206. JUts don't forget the reference number!!!

Insert by Martin

The best thing to do is first read the cheapest roadside recovery article then compare the price the code gives you with the cheapest there (which is very cheap).

I have checked this code out with NU and it is legit. It has asked me to inform people that it is only supposed to be for people who already have car insurance with it.
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 19-04-2005 at 5:36 PM.
Page 1
  • BenL
    • 29th Sep 04, 4:58 PM
    Re: Fantastic Breakdown Policy Deal!!!
    • 29th Sep 04, 4:58 PM
    Thanks very much for this.

I have just got Rescue/Recovery/Home Start & Onward travel for my 2003 Ford SportKA for £23.

Beats anything I have seen.

The normal price on the internet was £41 which I would have taken up anyway as it massively undercuts the opposition.

One of my team members however has tried her 2000 Clio in and it came up on the internet as £80 so not good for everyone.

I'm a happy chappy.

Also 0% for 3 monthly payments + 1 deposit on my 0% purchase Capital One platinum Card.

Ben
  • Mr_Clingford
    • 2nd Oct 04, 7:07 PM
    • 2nd Oct 04, 7:07 PM
    Thanks v much from me too. I have just wrung NU and quoted the reference and, hey presto, half price!
    • pinky8
    • By pinky8 5th Oct 04, 12:37 AM
    • 437 Posts
    • 277 Thanks
    pinky8
    • 5th Oct 04, 12:37 AM
    • 5th Oct 04, 12:37 AM
    Thanks very much for this FAB code !!!

My breakdown cover for the full package of homestart, roadside and relay with onward travel cost me £35.08 for my 1998 ford fiesta Zetec.

This was cheaper than the bog standard breakdown cover.

Thanks again,

pinky8 ;D
    • deanos
    • By deanos 19th Oct 04, 6:36 PM
    • 10,854 Posts
    • 5,566 Thanks
    deanos
    • 19th Oct 04, 6:36 PM
    • 19th Oct 04, 6:36 PM
    WOW what luck my renewal for Autonational has arrived today for £57 top wack , just rang NU full cover £29.09 2001 Vectra Diesel 8)

Many thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • Pensive
    • 31st Oct 04, 8:34 PM
    • 31st Oct 04, 8:34 PM
    Thanks insuranceinsider, I got a great deal on my breakdown, only £22 for the full monty.
    • MarkyMarkD
    • By MarkyMarkD 31st Oct 04, 9:56 PM
    • 9,795 Posts
    • 4,216 Thanks
    MarkyMarkD
    • 31st Oct 04, 9:56 PM
    • 31st Oct 04, 9:56 PM
    Their prices seem rather variable ... we have been quoted £102.69 for two cars/two drivers (online) which is supposedly nett of a £5 online discount - so the offline price would be £107.69, 50% of which is £54 approx. With the discount, it's probably worth doing for us, but without it's very expensive. We are currently paying GEM Recovery about £65 pa (last year's renewal charge).

*All the prices above exclude onward travel *

Even worse, that quote is nett of a 30% introductory no claims discount. So their gross prices are even higher!
    • milla
    • By milla 13th Nov 04, 6:00 PM
    • 284 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    milla
    • 13th Nov 04, 6:00 PM
    • 13th Nov 04, 6:00 PM
    Thanks for this !
    Have just spoken to polite, helpful Chris at Norwich Union and am now covered for my Peugeot 106 for £26.41.
    Don't forget to quote the code .
  • jo_b
    • 20th Nov 04, 6:21 PM
    • 20th Nov 04, 6:21 PM
    Does anyone have an alternative phone number for this offer? I've been trying to get through all day and it's just been engaged. >

I really want to sort out my breakdown cover this weekend.
  • AlwaysChristmas
    ;D UNBELIEVABLE DEAL!
    I just saved over £80 through this code - Direct Line wanted £136.50 to renew my cover and I got better cover for under £50 from NU!
    Even the nice guy an NU was amazed at the saving with this code....

THANK YOU for a GREAT saving ;D
  • AlwaysChristmas
    Does anyone have an alternative phone number for this offer? !I've been trying to get through all day and it's just been engaged. !>

I really want to sort out my breakdown cover this weekend.

The guy from NU who did my cover gave me his number: 0114 282 5447
    Good luck!
  • sdhar39
    I was quoted £ 68 by NU,126 by AA for my VW POLO 1997.Still trying to get it cheaper.

sanj
  • dougk
    try
    http://www.gemrecovery.co.uk/

you can also get discount on Gem via moneysupermarket.com
  • haribol
    Great Info, Insuranceinsider

You are Top Man in my books!!

I've been thinking about getting this for years and never have as finances were tight.

I rang NU who quoted me £20 for the full package and I was well pleased for a Toyota Corolla 2000 reg.

I then asked if they could quote me for two cars as I have another 12year old Corolla and he priced it at £59 which was based on me driving any car policy. I took this deal.

The call was put through India and the young chap was excellent and very professional.

Great find though.

Just one thing: Come next year at this time can you post another great find

Have a good day

Haribol
  • sdhar39
    try
    http://www.gemrecovery.co.uk/

you can also get discount on Gem !via moneysupermarket.com
    Thanks Dougk

Finally got at £ 36 at Gemrecovery. Huge saving indeed .
    Sanj
    • ohreally
    • By ohreally 24th Jan 05, 8:32 PM
    • 6,814 Posts
    • 5,350 Thanks
    ohreally
    [QUOTE=insuranceinsider]just now there is a promotion running which sees any of the breakdown packages sold at HALF PRICE for the identical level of cover.

To take advantgae of this offerQUOTE]

How long does this promotion run for ?
    Donít be a canít, be a can.
  • Spikey
    Just got quoted 58 pounds fro my 2001 Zafira DTL, Is that good?

Confused.

Spikey.
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself.

I walk with the world & the world walks with me!

I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!!
  • sp00ky
    Many Many Thanks Insuranceinsider
    Just got my package for £30.31.......great!
    • Milky_Mocha
    • By Milky_Mocha 16th Feb 05, 1:47 PM
    • 995 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    Milky_Mocha
    This has got to win some kind of moneysaving award!

My existing policy quoted a renewal price of £127 joint cover. This one is under £35 for the same cover PLUS extras!! Okay I'll wait till the paperwork comes through the post before I get too excited.
    • ReductionQueen
    • By ReductionQueen 16th Feb 05, 5:13 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ReductionQueen
    I work for Norwich Union Direct who offer a stand alone Breakdown policy called NU Rescue. ...... and is very very good value so long as your car is not very old.
    by insuranceinsider

Is this because you have to cover the car, not the driver? If so is there a policy for the driver, with any car? We run classics, so i don't like the bit about 'as long as your car in not very old'
    "Excuse me, this expires today, will you be reducing it?"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,586Posts Today

9,478Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin