MSE News: Anger at Lloyds PPI compensation delays

Former_MSE_Guy
Former_MSE_Guy Posts: 1,650
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
Forumite
edited 2 December 2011 at 2:49PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

This story is an update to what we published a few weeks ago, details below - so some of the discussion is some weeks old, but shows the scale of the issue.

"Lloyds TSB customers promised a payment for mis-sold PPI may have to wait over two months for the cash ..."

Comments

• lowepot
    lowepot Posts: 25 Forumite
    I got my offer letter on August 14th. Still no payout 74 days later. And no help at all from the ppi customer service department despite several calls and false promises from their side. A joke from start to finish
  • I origionally got sent my complaint to the FOS last September as per this sites advices as MBNA where pretending PPI issues didn't exist.

In Late May, I recieved a letter from the FOS advising that MBNA had agreed to settle my complain and an offer should be recieved within 60 days. On about day 65 I recieved the offer letter. I 've just recieved my cheque on Monday after stacks of false promises.

Disgusting
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Let's hope now it's "out there" that Lloyds pull the collective (now four times [STRIKE]fatter[/STRIKE] bigger) finger out!
  • jen245
    jen245 Posts: 1,606
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I know some people have been waiting for months, and that is totally unacceptable. My hubby has been waiting for his £14.5k back from them for 5 weeks now, and hasnt even had his calculations yet from Halifax, even though his claim was upheld at the end of August!! Its a joke. The banks are very quick to get on your case when you owe them money!
    Debt free and staying that way! :beer:
  • DrSqueeze
    DrSqueeze Posts: 914
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've been waiting for two payments from Bank Of Scotland (part of the Llloyds group) since August. Every time I phone, I'm told they cannot give me any timescales because the department which is making the payments refuses to tell the customer service call centre how far behind they actually are.

The person I spoke to this week told me they keep warning their management team that you can't keep answering customer calls with "I don't know" since it just creates more calls and complaints.
  • Thought I'd share with you my very different experiences from 2 companies. (Lloyds - you could do with finding out how the others manage it!!)

Back at the begining of May I sent a PPI complaint letter to Lloyds TBS for a loan I had with them. I received a letter from them at the end of Aug to say they had upheld my complaint and that I would receive the figures soon. Figures were posted in a letter dated 16th Sept. I am still waiting for any sign of this payment and judging by the comments on this site I may be waiting for a while!!

Spurred on by my Lloyds success I wrote to Egg about another loan I took out. I sent them a letter on the 14th Sept and yesterday (26th Oct) I received a letter upholding the complaint, giving me the figures and enclosing a cheque for the full amount!!!!

So, Egg can sort it out in 6 weeks, from start to finish. Lloyds are on week 25 with my complaint and I am still waiting for my money!!
  • I had my letter from lloydstsb on 25th August, it was just an offer letter which just gave you an example of the payouts and how they are worked out. I had to send a form back accepting the offer and requested for a cheque to be made payable to myself, and also it offered you to get updates on the complaint by text so i gave them my mobile number. I have made numerous telephone calls and just been told a letter was sent out to me on 8th september and rang back on 30th september to ask where the letter was and told a replacement has been sent and also was told the amount i was getting and it would be paid into my bank account (which i have not used for 3 years). I requested for that to be changed to a cheque and i was put on hold and then told it is too late for a cheque and it will delay the payment because it is in the queue to be paid out. I have still not received any letters from them and i even sent an email to complain about the time and was just given the telephone to ring them for information. I have spent nearly 1 hour holding on the line just to wait for someone to say the same thing again. I have now waited 5 months since i put my intial complaint in and i am not happy.
  • The problem is that Lloyds are employing nearly a thousand contractors to do this work. It takes a lot of time to get them in and trained, and then signed off as competent. In the meantime, everyone has to wait. It will get sorted, but it's a shame they waited so long to get this all into place.

The silver lining to the otherwise grey cloud is that the 8% simple interest on each and every payment is far healthier a return than you'll get down the high street.
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    weegieblue wrote: »
    The problem is that Lloyds are employing nearly a thousand contractors to do this work. It takes a lot of time to get them in and trained, and then signed off as competent. In the meantime, everyone has to wait. It will get sorted, but it's a shame they waited so long to get this all into place.

The silver lining to the otherwise grey cloud is that the 8% simple interest on each and every payment is far healthier a return than you'll get down the high street.

Problem is, you have to start a seperate claim to get the interest past your date. For instance ours is calculated until 13th October, so when we finally get paid we have to make another claim to get interest past that! God knows how long that will take
  • Halifax dragging their heels with me too! Can the FOS not apply the thumbscrews on these rip off merchants re. payout timescales?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback