Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 18th Oct 11, 4:24 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: OFT rules out heating oil price regulation
    • 18th Oct 11, 4:24 PM
    MSE News: OFT rules out heating oil price regulation 18th Oct 11 at 4:24 PM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The off-grid energy sector does not need price regulation as consumers have enough choice, reveals OFT research ..."

Page 1
    • HateLPG
    • By HateLPG 18th Oct 11, 5:21 PM
    • 462 Posts
    • 770 Thanks
    HateLPG
    • 18th Oct 11, 5:21 PM
    What a whitewash
    • 18th Oct 11, 5:21 PM
    I am struggling to contain my anger about this appalling report, published earlier today

NOTE: While I originally posted a more detailed initial critique here, I decided that they were better merged with another post. I don't want to "cross-post", so I have moved the original content of this post and posted it with some more thoughts on this topic here, in the "Bulk LPG - Cheapest Suppliers/Supply Route" thread (I'm an LPG user, so that's where I usually post anyway!), and included an update on the OFT position, opportunities to respond and some other useful contact addresses if you want to make some appropriate representations of disgust!
    Last edited by HateLPG; 18-10-2011 at 6:50 PM. Reason: Posts merged
    • shelleyj
    • By shelleyj 19th Oct 11, 8:25 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    shelleyj
    • 19th Oct 11, 8:25 AM
    your joking 4 supliers
    • 19th Oct 11, 8:25 AM
    When ringing round for heating oil prices i got a shock. although there are more than 4 supliers covering our area they are largely owned / run buy the same company now even whilst still trading under the original company names. So i think competition keeping prices down is not likely to happen
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
    • HateLPG
    • By HateLPG 19th Oct 11, 10:15 AM
    • 462 Posts
    • 770 Thanks
    HateLPG
    • 19th Oct 11, 10:15 AM
    • 19th Oct 11, 10:15 AM
    ...although there are more than 4 supliers covering our area they are largely owned / run buy the same company
    Originally posted by shelleyj
    Let me guess: DCC Plc?

This report really is an utter load of Hogwash and in no accepted definition of the word could it be described as "impartial"

• andyt8
    • By andyt8 19th Oct 11, 6:38 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    andyt8
    • 19th Oct 11, 6:38 PM
    • 19th Oct 11, 6:38 PM
    Let me guess: DCC Plc?

This report really is an utter load of Hogwash and in no accepted definition of the word could it be described as "impartial"

Originally posted by HateLPG
    Yes I get so annoyed listening to the radio when they keep on talking about the "poor people" with their gas price rises - I just wish my oil price had only risen the same percentage as the gas prices did. From 46.5p in Oct 2010 to 56.5p in Oct 2011 plus the VAT.
    • ICV
    • By ICV 19th Oct 11, 7:34 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    ICV
    • 19th Oct 11, 7:34 PM
    • 19th Oct 11, 7:34 PM
    The report can be summed up thus :- "Not on the mains gas grid ? - tough s***, you're on your own"
    • HateLPG
    • By HateLPG 19th Oct 11, 7:46 PM
    • 462 Posts
    • 770 Thanks
    HateLPG
    • 19th Oct 11, 7:46 PM
    • 19th Oct 11, 7:46 PM
    The report can be summed up thus :- "Not on the mains gas grid ? - tough s***, you're on your own"
    Originally posted by ICV
    I wonder if copies of the report could be used as a feedstock for anaerobic digestion systems??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

65Posts Today

1,167Users online

Martin's Twitter