Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Curry Queen
    • By Curry Queen 20th Apr 05, 6:42 PM
    • 5,482 Posts
    • 3,081 Thanks
    Curry Queen
    • 20th Apr 05, 6:42 PM
    • 20th Apr 05, 6:42 PM
    I cooked Spiced Beef & Beans for tonight, although I've not yet eaten any as I'm not hungry now, but DS had 2 helpings
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Quackers
    • 20th Apr 05, 6:44 PM
    • 20th Apr 05, 6:44 PM
    I'm having veggie chilli wrapped in tortilla's with a spicy sauce thingy and grated cheese on top. - enchillada's me thinks their called.

Will be having left over veggie chilli on jacket potato tomorrow - Snap!
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
    • tiff
    • By tiff 20th Apr 05, 6:52 PM
    • 6,551 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    • 20th Apr 05, 6:52 PM
    We had jacket potatoe with beans and cheese and salad, followed by slow cooker rice pudding. We are stuffed!
  • Lucie
    I got a portion of thai green chicken curry out of the freezer this morning, so just the rice to cook when I get home. Only me eating tonight cos DH won't be home from work til nearly midnight.
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 20th Apr 05, 6:58 PM
    • 10,241 Posts
    • 16,860 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    • 20th Apr 05, 6:58 PM
    • 20th Apr 05, 6:58 PM
    A small pizza (one of two Sainsbury basic cheese & tomato - 1.20 or so for 2) with 4 sliced mushrooms (22p) on top. Oven chips (McCain's on offer - 2 packs for 2, so say 50p), half a reduced cauli 29p and one carrot 7p. This between two of us, but hubby will no doubt have some bread and spread with his. Also tomato sauce.

I am amazed itemizing that, that it is still about 1.80 for our meal. Probably more as he insists on Flora Pro-active spread, which I think is extortionate. I just hope it does what it says on the pack!

I guess I expect the cost of living to remain as it was 30 years ago .
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• Lyndsay_21
    • 20th Apr 05, 7:14 PM
    • 20th Apr 05, 7:14 PM
    all sound yummy. although OH bought potato from sainsburys that was about the size of my head so only ate 1/2 in the end. Seem to be eating loads of baked potatoes at the moment since starting weight watchers.
    Also started salsa dancing class last night so that'll burn of a few pounds each week (plus it helps theres a yummy guy teaching it)
    • moggins
    • By moggins 20th Apr 05, 7:17 PM
    • 5,177 Posts
    • 10,159 Thanks
    moggins
    • 20th Apr 05, 7:17 PM
    • 20th Apr 05, 7:17 PM
    I'd forgotten the littlie had a birthday party to go to so we had to dash there for 4pm, rush home at 6.30 having filled up on nibbles to find no one had eaten because they didn't know what my meal plan was. It was too late for a meal plan then so I dished up oven chips, beans and a steak and kidney pie each

Oven chips about 30p, beans 9p, pies 64p for 3 (Lidls reduced) 1.03 for 3 servings, not bad for a rush job
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at 250
  • Lyndsay_21
    • 20th Apr 05, 7:27 PM
    • 20th Apr 05, 7:27 PM
    Daughter had dreaded chicken nuggets for tea, she asked for them and usually i would say no but she very rarely has anything like that so i thought 'why not' i cooked her 3 chicken nuggets like she asked and she ate them all.
    • badgermonkey
    • By badgermonkey 20th Apr 05, 8:18 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    badgermonkey
    We had pork loin steaks oven baked and topped with pesto, with broccoli, sauted courgettes and gorgeous fondant(esque) potatoes.
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 21st Apr 05, 8:02 AM
    • 6,910 Posts
    • 45,131 Thanks
    Pooky
    Had chicken curry last night - done in the slow cooker - added the rice for the last hour and it went all stodgy and yummy.

Tonight is bubble and squeekish potato cakes (left over veggies and some mash made into rounds and shallow fried) served with quiche (containing all the left over bits from the fridge).

Will make some fish cakes up for tomorrow night while i'm in the kitchen and part cook some potato wedges to make it a easier.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • Ticklemouse
    • By Ticklemouse 21st Apr 05, 8:25 AM
    • 4,896 Posts
    • 5,486 Thanks
    Ticklemouse
    Had lamb shoulder done on a massive bed of pots and veg. The rest of the veg will be pureed today to make soup.

Tonight I shall be mainly eating spag bol and garlic bread followed by rice pud (if I get off here and fire up my slow cookers that it
    • Kimberley
    • By Kimberley 21st Apr 05, 8:27 AM
    • 13,401 Posts
    • 20,357 Thanks
    Kimberley
    I'm having Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice
    • elona
    • By elona 21st Apr 05, 8:41 AM
    • 11,150 Posts
    • 63,458 Thanks
    elona
    We will be having salad and something from the freezer like Quiche - if none in there then I will have to make my own.:confused:
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • Sarahsaver
    • By Sarahsaver 21st Apr 05, 8:45 AM
    • 8,219 Posts
    • 13,174 Thanks
    Sarahsaver
    baked potatoes with either cheese, grated carrot and sultana salad, leftover veggie chilli, then bananas, and custard if i can be bothered to make some!
    Cheap as I don't know what!
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • rchddap1
    Had mash, turkey breast, peas and carrots last night. This morning I forgot to get anything out of the freezer...so its likely to be jacket potato with tuna tonight. Can't have salad as well, as OH decided to eat all of the salad stuff yesterday before I got home. At least he's eating healthy stuff!
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 Now seemingly a normal little monster.
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • ET03
    What's for lunch???
    I try never to include lunches in my shopping list/meal plan
    I save money by using leftovers for lunch or making soups with veg that's about to go off to save wasting it,

today will be chicken curry on baked potato
    I usually manage to hold back one portion from dinner to use with something next day,
    leftover rice always gets frozen and can be reheated with a few veg as a stirfry for lunch

what is everyone else having
    • tiff
    • By tiff 21st Apr 05, 9:05 AM
    • 6,551 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    Cooking whole chicken stuffed with lemons in the slow cooker today. Not sure what I'm serving it with yet.
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 21st Apr 05, 9:08 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    Cooking whole chicken stuffed with lemons in the slow cooker today. Not sure what I'm serving it with yet.
    by tiff
    --------
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 21st Apr 05, 9:11 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    I try never to include lunches in my shopping list/meal plan
    I save money by using leftovers for lunch or making soups with veg that's about to go off to save wasting it,

today will be chicken curry on baked potato

what is everyone else having
    by ET03
    :-------
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,114Posts Today

7,538Users online

Martin's Twitter