Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 1st Aug 11, 9:40 AM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: Energy hikes today for Scottish Power customers
    • 1st Aug 11, 9:40 AM
    MSE News: Energy hikes today for Scottish Power customers 1st Aug 11 at 9:40 AM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The firm is raising electricity prices by a typical 10% and gas prices by 19% on average, in a bitter blow to 2.4m households ..."

Page 1
    • greatfloyd69
    • By greatfloyd69 2nd Aug 11, 8:03 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    greatfloyd69
    • 2nd Aug 11, 8:03 AM
    How much??!?
    • 2nd Aug 11, 8:03 AM
    We had our 'revised' DD from Scottishpower. I nearly fell over.

From 100pm (yes i know thats a lot anyway... 3 bed house, 2 teenagers....) to 169. 69 increase.

It's very sad to say that by cutting our weekly food budget I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Thanks a lot Scottishpower.
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 2nd Aug 11, 8:30 AM
    • 6,431 Posts
    • 2,779 Thanks
    roddydogs
    • 2nd Aug 11, 8:30 AM
    • 2nd Aug 11, 8:30 AM
    This is "News"?? been discussed umpteen times for weeks.
    Surely theres no one who didnt get put on a lower tariff, of better still move from SP?, Oh hold on it looks like there was.
    • dogshome
    • By dogshome 2nd Aug 11, 8:43 AM
    • 3,273 Posts
    • 1,708 Thanks
    dogshome
    • 2nd Aug 11, 8:43 AM
    • 2nd Aug 11, 8:43 AM
    Something of a problem with the "Full Story" on this one, which when referring to the customers rights to Switch, states "Therefore it is too late for Scottish Power customers"

Whatever press releases are issued to the media, the supplier must inform each customer individually of the new contract terms - be it by letter, an Email or statement on a bill - and it is from the date that the customer recieved this information that the Switching window of X days begins
  • Premier
    • 2nd Aug 11, 9:22 AM
    • 2nd Aug 11, 9:22 AM
    We had our 'revised' DD from Scottishpower. I nearly fell over.

From 100pm (yes i know thats a lot anyway... 3 bed house, 2 teenagers....) to 169. 69 increase.

It's very sad to say that by cutting our weekly food budget I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Thanks a lot Scottishpower.
    Originally posted by greatfloyd69
    Whilst SP increases have for some been more than the average (and likewise for some less, biut they don't seem to post here) I don't expect that the 69% increase all results from a price increase.

Either you had an artificially low DD is the past (i.e. it did not represent the true cost of your consumption), or you are using more, in which case consider ways of cutting back on consumption if you wish to lower your payments.

(A third possibility is that you have just come off a discounted tariff, in which case you should hit the comparison sites now)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
    • StevieJ
    • By StevieJ 2nd Aug 11, 9:58 AM
    • 19,593 Posts
    • 32,595 Thanks
    StevieJ
    • 2nd Aug 11, 9:58 AM
    • 2nd Aug 11, 9:58 AM
    Whilst SP increases have for some been more than the average (and likewise for some less, biut they don't seem to post here) I don't expect that the 69% increase all results from a price increase.

Either you had an artificially low DD is the past (i.e. it did not represent the true cost of your consumption), or you are using more, in which case consider ways of cutting back on consumption if you wish to lower your payments.

(A third possibility is that you have just come off a discounted tariff, in which case you should hit the comparison sites now)
    Originally posted by Premier
    Are they the ones on fixed tariffs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

1,925Users online

Martin's Twitter