Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 25th Jul 11, 12:04 PM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Travelodge refunds double-charged customers
    • 25th Jul 11, 12:04 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Travelodge refunds double-charged customers 25th Jul 11 at 12:04 PM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Budget hotel chain Travelodge has admitted it overcharged around two thousand customers during a 10 sale last month ..."

Last edited by MSE Guy; 25-07-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Page 1
    • stevecosta
    • By stevecosta 25th Jul 11, 3:44 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    stevecosta
    • 25th Jul 11, 3:44 PM
    • 25th Jul 11, 3:44 PM
    I had a huge problem with Travelodge during the sale, I tryed to book but got a booking failed error when paying, so I tryed several times (about 8) only one atually worked. I was horrified to see all the failed amounts had come out of my account!

It has now been refunded....BEWARE!
    • munchkinz
    • By munchkinz 25th Jul 11, 3:54 PM
    • 660 Posts
    • 7,534 Thanks
    munchkinz
    • 25th Jul 11, 3:54 PM
    • 25th Jul 11, 3:54 PM
    the second payment came out in July not June so check july statement think it was around 13th or 14th, was refunded the next day but not happy at all. Don't think I would trust booking with them again, especially after there data was hacked into a weeks before hand
    First mini munchkin due 05/04/2013
    • skylight
    • By skylight 25th Jul 11, 4:03 PM
    • 10,424 Posts
    • 16,875 Thanks
    skylight
    • 25th Jul 11, 4:03 PM
    • 25th Jul 11, 4:03 PM
    Not that fussed. The second payment was taken later than the actual booking but refunded on the same day (according to my statement). They also emailed me about it to inform me what had happened so reasonably happy enough.
  • xBuNn
    • 26th Jul 11, 1:18 AM
    • 26th Jul 11, 1:18 AM
    I have recieved bank charges as a result of Travelodge charging my account twice for two bookings. I have tried to contact the customer service team now on three different days, on which every day i have phoned it states no advisors are available as they are all currently in staff training.

I have also emailed travelodge customer services, to which i got a standard automated response
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 26th Jul 11, 10:43 AM
    • 31,062 Posts
    • 39,469 Thanks
    Tixy
    • 26th Jul 11, 10:43 AM
    • 26th Jul 11, 10:43 AM
    I got double charged (once in June, once in July) and noticed it before they had sent the email or processed a refund.

I contacted them via the annoying contact form on their website demanding an immediate refund and then found the money was paid back that same day - at the time I was almost impressed at their quick handling and actioning of my refund thinking my strongly worded complaint has actually worked - of course I realised after that my request had no effect at all and that they'd already processed the refund (they probably still haven't even read my complaint now!).
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give

or "It costs nowt to be nice"
    • Paul Varjak
    • By Paul Varjak 26th Jul 11, 5:43 PM
    • 4,457 Posts
    • 2,962 Thanks
    Paul Varjak
    • 26th Jul 11, 5:43 PM
    • 26th Jul 11, 5:43 PM
    I had a huge problem with Travelodge during the sale, I tryed to book but got a booking failed error when paying, so I tryed several times (about 8) only one atually worked. I was horrified to see all the failed amounts had come out of my account!

Originally posted by stevecosta

I have had exactly the same thing happen to me! It took quite a while to get a refund.

Then when I got to Travelodge the computer system was not working. I was given a room but the room had so many problems, I asked for another room. Then the pass card to the room failed. They could not give me another room because they did not know which rooms were available - because the computer system was down!
    • xpf
    • By xpf 26th Jul 11, 6:20 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    xpf
    • 26th Jul 11, 6:20 PM
    • 26th Jul 11, 6:20 PM
    I got double charged (once in June, once in July) and noticed it before they had sent the email or processed a refund.

I contacted them via the annoying contact form on their website demanding an immediate refund and then found the money was paid back that same day - at the time I was almost impressed at their quick handling and actioning of my refund thinking my strongly worded complaint has actually worked - of course I realised after that my request had no effect at all and that they'd already processed the refund (they probably still haven't even read my complaint now!).
    Originally posted by Tixy
    Exactly the same as me and have had absolutely no response from customer services. 1st and last time I use them!
  • kinghussar
    • 23rd Aug 12, 1:15 PM
    kinghussar
    • 23rd Aug 12, 1:15 PM

Originally posted by stevecosta
    hi how did you get in touch with travelodge i have had no response from lots of emails, ibooked 3 times the room was said to be 49.95 i have been charged 250.00 almost regards bernie.
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 24th Aug 12, 7:21 AM
    • 6,883 Posts
    • 7,524 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    hi how did you get in touch with travelodge i have had no response from lots of emails, ibooked 3 times the room was said to be 49.95 i have been charged 250.00 almost regards bernie.
    Originally posted by kinghussar
    Could you could try phoning the particular Travelodge your booking is with ? Phone and fax numbers are given under 'hotel information' on the Travelodge website.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

3,542Users online

Martin's Twitter