Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • macavity
    • By macavity 15th Jun 11, 12:36 AM
    • 197 Posts
    • 10,278 Thanks
    macavity
    • 15th Jun 11, 12:36 AM
    hand prints
    • 15th Jun 11, 12:36 AM
    dunelm mills (amongst others, i'm sure) sell blank white canvases for a couple of quid that look great decorated with a kiddie handprint or two, or a home-drawn picture. i think the smallest one i got was 1.50, and i used some paint i already had.
    Last edited by Former MSE Lee; 16-06-2011 at 12:57 PM.
  • 5boris
    • 15th Jun 11, 10:08 AM
    cheap present idea
    • 15th Jun 11, 10:08 AM
    I bought a set of these pagecues for my Dad at christmas - only 3.80 for a pack of 10. I got him the woodland range but there are other ones too. pagecues.co.uk
  • spiddy100
    • 15th Jun 11, 11:24 AM
    • 15th Jun 11, 11:24 AM
    I saw a lovely idea on another site. Get the children together and take three photographs of them holding up handwritten signs: "Happy", "Father's" and "Day" (one sign in each photo). Get the photos printed and mount them onto a giant card (piece of card from somewhere selling kids art supplies) to make up the message.

If you're adult kids (IYSWIM) and don't live in the same place, even better - do different family members in each photo and get one person to collate them all via email and make up the card.

Cost - three photo prints and a piece of card
    Last edited by Former MSE Lee; 16-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • Nilbeauty
    • 15th Jun 11, 11:31 AM
    Kylie Minogue Inverse 50ml For Men
    • 15th Jun 11, 11:31 AM
    Hi,
    I found a great father's day gift. Kylie Minogue Inverse 50ml For Men at 4.99 usually 26.00. Perfect gift because not too expensive but feels like an expensive gift. The only problem is to get it before Father's day you need to pay for next day delivery service which costs 6.95. More expensive than the perfume. However, as it is a flat fee I can buy lots of other stuff for me as the whole site is dedicated to make up and skincare and I just can't help my self. 5 gifts for me and 1 for father's day. Perfect.
    Sorry I forgot to mention the site shop4makeup.com
    Last edited by Former MSE Lee; 16-06-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 15th Jun 11, 6:23 PM
    • 2,376 Posts
    • 5,259 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    • 15th Jun 11, 6:23 PM
    • 15th Jun 11, 6:23 PM
    I bought a half price FCUK gift set in Boots after Christmas. The other child will be giving a football mag and some haribo !
  • Andy Ros
    • 15th Jun 11, 6:37 PM
    • 15th Jun 11, 6:37 PM
    Try a book token from greenmetropolis.com. Dad can make his own choice of books, for only 3.75, including post and packing. Great for all thise booklovers out there.
  • jhawker
    • 16th Jun 11, 8:23 PM
    Gift certificate
    • 16th Jun 11, 8:23 PM
    My kids have made cards and vouchers with "promises" for help, like dog walks, tea in bed etc..as a gift, we always insist it is not about a present, but just showing you care for and appreciate us...
  • Rachel021967
    • 16th Jun 11, 9:40 PM
    • 16th Jun 11, 9:40 PM
    My middle daughter (15 years) has written a letter to her father telling him why she loves him, and my younger daughter (6 years) is making him a photo album out of card and photographs from our collection.
  • NKLK
    I've stocked up in the sales for next year. Mugs saying from daddy's little monster reduced to 67p in Sainsburys.
    This year we did photo mugs. Photo books are always a good idea too. Always plenty of codes flying round so you only have to pay delivery!
    Always remember tcb!
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
    .(")(") myfitnesspal: 38lbs lost!!
  • Gift basket
    Father's day gift baskets
    giftbasketsadelaide.com.au has a great variety of father day's gift baskets.
    Great product quality and wide range of gift ideas.
    • lisawood78
    • By lisawood78 30th Aug 11, 11:49 AM
    • 3,572 Posts
    • 6,043 Thanks
    lisawood78
    Perfect for giving your Father spam for Fathers day (which you have missed by a long way for this year)
    Oh, Australian spam at that!
    Poor effort.
    2 angels in heaven
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,599Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin